• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
i LUUUUUURRRRVE the one step correct, i have redness across my cheeks and t-zone, but otherwise really clear skin. With the one step, i can slap it on, conceal the read and then just use a really light concealer on any blemishes i might have. Most of time time my skin is foundation free, but im ALWAYS using the one step correct. It's my hero product.

This is me without foundation, just the Stila primer and a little Chantecaille camouflage stick, it makes my skin all preeeeeetty.

yK4SsPM.jpg

Your skin looks incredible!

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Thank you! The power of a good primer should never be underestimated :D
Or your amazing genes, holy!

Have you guys ever tried makeup to bring out eye color? If so, any tips? I have heterochromia with green and brown mixes in both eyes (one is more green), and I know purple is the color for me but I can't really figure out how to make it wearable without it looking like too much. To be fair I SUCK at eye makeup, but it would be cool to figure out.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Have you guys ever tried makeup to bring out eye color? If so, any tips? I have heterochromia with green and brown mixes in both eyes (one is more green), and I know purple is the color for me but I can't really figure out how to make it wearable without it looking like too much. To be fair I SUCK at eye makeup, but it would be cool to figure out.

My eyes are brown with green around the edges so I know about the purple but you don't have to use that. One thing I found is that eye primer is amazingly helpful. I like Urban Decay. The other thing I did was to look at a lot of tutorial vids for everyday eye makeup. Something like this.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
“I have proven many times over that the “painted hussy” will steal the show from the more “tasteful” girls. Many years ago, I had my witches
wearing false eyelashes with heavy eye make-up, ** and though they were always criticized by other women as looking “artificial,” they got all the attention from the men. When a man sees a make-up job that is blatantly and obviously make-up, he is automatically flattered, because he knows that the woman is trying to look sexy. Men like to see a sexy -looking woman and it pleases a man to think that a woman is knocking herself out trying to please him”

I just might that this quote would be fun to put on this thread... like make up. :ohmy:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG.... :peepwall: But I love looking artificial.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just popped my false eyelash cherry and now I don't know why I haven't used them in the past!

They really fill out the entire look. I love them. Anyone have any favorite brands? Fav adhesives? I found I can only get about three uses out of a pair before they go into the trash. Is this normal?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have green eyes (with a blue rim) - and yes, purple is a classic :D

In, fact I remember going to the mac shop for a workshop on make up and at the end of it, all the sales women came over to me and went like - omg, with your eyes, I NEED to try this electric purple on you <3333 :D

But, I also find that all shades of brown from beige to deep dark brown work really well - for the natural look, as such. Aside from that, I noticed that the hair colour also plays a role. When I was a blonde, I stayed more away from warmer shades, and stuck to colder ones. Now that I'm a red head - despite being a cold red - I can pull them off and they work...gorgeously with my green eyes (think ivory, peach, saffron, bronze, mocha, etc)

On the other hand, those soft pastel lilacs and my favourite shade of lavender and indigo...yeah, so much better with the blonde (due to complimentary colours), though If I get just the right shade and blend them really well, it still works. Meanwhile, I loved plum colours when I was blonde but they made me look tired. Now, they absolutely complement both my hair and my eyes. The same is true with pink. Since red and green are colours that make each other pop ( again, complimentary colours) and pink is the soft version of red, it really brings it out. Otoh, pink - especially warm pink - can make you look really tired as it mimics the colour of tired eyes. So you need to really apply it with precision and it works way better with the red hair because it blends in more. In general, the red hair let me wear more bold colours, contrasting with my eyes and making them pop, whereas the blonde asked for softer colours to just highlight them beautifully.

I love playing with colours :smile:

Oh and my collection consists of MAC supplies (which I'm currently trying to finish up), Victoria Secret colour pallet (for travelling) and I'm currently in love and transitioning over to Jane Iredale (due to their commitment to both the environment, cruelty free and natural make-up)

Speaking of Jane Iredale and green eyes (or whatever your eye colour is) - check out their Eyesteppes! They basically have eyeshadow collections based on your eye colour and your skin tone!

14453.jpg

14451.jpg

14452.jpg

14456.jpg

14457.jpg

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

You should look into gold as a color. Gold can easily be used for day looks AND night looks. Plus it would look lovely with the green and brown in your eyes!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
makeup brush hygiene

I've started using this retractable brush (behind spoiler tag below) for my e.l.f. high definition loose powder #83331 - has a more natural finish than the puff the makeup comes with. I used to just buy replacement puffs/change them out weekly, but brushes are supposed to be washable.

So, wondering a few things, for those of you who use makeup brushes:

1.) How do you guys wash your brushes?
2.) What cleansers/products do you use to wash 'em?
3.) Do you wet the whole thing, or just the ends?
4.) Approx how long does it usually take to dry?
5.) What position do you dry it in?
6.) How often do you wash your brushes?

Thx in advance!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So, as you can tell, I'm a make up expert.. but I do know a thing about this make up clean thing.

What I do: rinse with warm water the brush entirely, but focus on the edges where the make up is touching the brush.

Then swirl it in a bowl of shampoo water (baby shampoo or something equally mild). I use a bowl like this with ribbed insides.
suribachi2.jpg

Then rinse it again until all the shampoo is out, and use a cloth to press and blot out as much moisture as possible. Then stick it in a place which gets a bit of wind (a small fan, outside, etc.) and it's usually done in a day or so. I usually forget them a few days in a row so ... I dunno the dry times.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've started using this retractable brush (behind spoiler tag below) for my e.l.f. high definition loose powder #83331 - has a more natural finish than the puff the makeup comes with. I used to just buy replacement puffs/change them out weekly, but brushes are supposed to be washable.

So, wondering a few things, for those of you who use makeup brushes:

1.) How do you guys wash your brushes?
2.) What cleansers/products do you use to wash 'em?
3.) Do you wet the whole thing, or just the ends?
4.) Approx how long does it usually take to dry?
5.) What position do you dry it in?
6.) How often do you wash your brushes?

Thx in advance!

1.) How do you guys wash your brushes? Lukewarm water and mild shampoo
2.) What cleansers/products do you use to wash 'em? Baby shampoo with a drop of tea tree oil and I use one of these silicone things too.
mP4Da0cKdSe5jaaU_mnQqrw.jpg

3.) Do you wet the whole thing, or just the ends? Whole thing
4.) Approx how long does it usually take to dry? I leave them overnight
5.) What position do you dry it in? Lay them on a microfiber cloth
6.) How often do you wash your brushes? Once a month or so.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tried a new mascara - I really like it. The line has a dumb name, but the product itself is great.

Physician's Formula Sexy Booster Cat Eye Collection Mascara
Sexy Booster™ Cat Eye Collection Mascara - Ultra Black - Physicians Formula

06415.jpg

It doesn't create much of a cat eye effect, but that's fine. Lashes stay soft, not crispy. This mascara's much like the PF Organic Wear one in earlier thread posts; much of the same ingredients. I find this has better staying power, that's all. The other one runs easily in rain, or if you perspire. Stung my eyes, a bit. This one is water-resistant, I think. Comes right off when you wash your face, though.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tried a new mascara - I really like it. The line has a dumb name, but the product itself is great.

Physician's Formula Sexy Booster Cat Eye Collection Mascara
Sexy Booster™ Cat Eye Collection Mascara - Ultra Black - Physicians Formula

06415.jpg

It doesn't create much of a cat eye effect, but that's fine. Lashes stay soft, not crispy. This mascara's much like the PF Organic Wear one in earlier thread posts; much of the same ingredients. I find this has better staying power, that's all. The other one runs easily in rain, or if you perspire. Stung my eyes, a bit. This one is water-resistant, I think. Comes right off when you wash your face, though.

Here's the critical question: is it CVS friendly? Because I have $5.50 in extrabucks that expires next week.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Got it. And $7 more in extrabucks with my purchase. :yay:

Yeah, that's a common deal w/PF products at CVS. Did you enroll in their Beauty Club? You can do it online. Basically, for every $50 you spend in cosmetics/skin/hair care stuff, you get $5 CVS Extrabucks back, along with whatever deal is going on at the time (like, if you'd reached the $50 mark in your spending when you bought that mascara, you'd get the $7 deal, as well as $5 more in Beauty Club Rewards Extrabucks). This is all separate from the quarterly Extrabucks, as well. I almost never pay full price for products there, at this point.

Join the ExtraCare Beauty Club - Deals Rewards on Beauty Products, Coupons, Makeup Tips, New Product Information

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New favorite:

Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick

It costs a packet but it's got really vibrant, vivid color and great staying power. I can get away with not touching up even after eating.

smashbox-be-legendary-matte-lipstick-jam-on-it-0-10-oz

My favorite shade is Jam On It, which is a deep, plummy, raspberry shade. Infrared is the bomb, too.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I bought bronzer today (I maybe went on a makeup splurge accidentally) and put it on my face. I look sunburnt. What am I doing wrong? How do I make it look good (or normal)?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I bought bronzer today (I maybe went on a makeup splurge accidentally) and put it on my face. I look sunburnt. What am I doing wrong? How do I make it look good (or normal)?
Is it possible it's too dark? What I would do is mix powder foundation with the bronzer and see if that looks any better.

I really like this bronzer - NYX When A Leopard Gets A Tan:
leopard-1.jpg

It's crazy cheap and it's shiny and pretty and golden.