• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like dark lips...within reason, the darker the better...and will be drawn to something bold around the eyes.

But I guess, like a lot of other men, I like the idea of a woman who feels comfortable enough in her own skin not to smother it with makeup. When you wake up at 5am with a leg over your balls the mascara will have worn off. But maybe I'm ignorant.

It's not all about the men.... ;)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like dark lips...within reason, the darker the better...and will be drawn to something bold around the eyes.

But I guess, like a lot of other men, I like the idea of a woman who feels comfortable enough in her own skin not to smother it with makeup. When you wake up at 5am with a leg over your balls the mascara will have worn off. But maybe I'm ignorant.

:laugh:

yeah, it will have worn off to under her eyes, like a raccoon. haha

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not all about the men.... ;)

Right. When I married my wife, she worked in an office with all women, but spent a ton of time getting make up on and dressed up. I was surprised, but she said there was a real status issue. Women who didn't dress up and get make up were looked down on.

I have since decided that much of the beauty pressure women feel is from other women, not from men. Most guys seem drawn to a range and are happy having an attractive SO. Most men are not ditching their SO for better looks, but for sexual availability and searching for intimacy.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right. When I married my wife, she worked in an office with all women, but spent a ton of time getting make up on and dressed up. I was surprised, but she said there was a real status issue. Women who didn't dress up and get make up were looked down on.

I have since decided that much of the beauty pressure women feel is from other women, not from men. Most guys seem drawn to a range and are happy having an attractive SO. Most men are not ditching their SO for better looks, but for sexual availability and searching for intimacy.

In evolutionary terms, it's called "intrasexual competition". Whoever looks the best has higher chances of upward mobility.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
re: the few posts above, who asked your opinion?

tony-moly-I'm-real-mask-sheets.png

i ordered all of these and they work well but i seriously bleached the top of my lip with one of the brightening ones :shock:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I am a female who likes to wear makeup... It's fun. Just giving a different hypothetical perspective... Nothing too serious though. :)

My favorite brands are Mac, Urban Decay, and Nars.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

You've never heard of anyone taking makeup off before bed?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Men who are certain their opinion on makeup and skin care would be valuable in this thread.

You should take it as a compliment that i'm wasting my time in this thread here with you, instead of somewhere else. But seeing I am not wanted, adios.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
You should take it as a compliment that i'm wasting my time in this thread here with you, instead of somewhere else. But seeing I am not wanted, adios.

If it's a waste of time for you, then why would that be anything but insulting to the people who actually enjoy and get something out of this thread?

As an aside, i have no problems with men's opinions on make-up. My boyfriend loves me in dark lips and dark eyes, but everyone's opinions are subjective and most of the time (and what most men dont seem to realise) is that make-up is not about anything other than making the wearer feel happy. It's generally not for anyone other than the person putting it on. Which is why opinions are so radically different amongst people who wear it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Men all think they like natural no makeup/little makeup look...but what they actually don't know is that that look takes some work! ;)

I find that to be false in my experience. I have seen the same girls with or without make up (or minimal). And in most cases, I find the latter more attractive.

ETA: Credit to [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] for finding this Viner.

https://vine.co/v/OFa3Ub9Y3jE

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Yes! :solidarity:

I've always found it easy to match my skin tone with Chantecaille. They do pale skin tones really well. I regularly use a powder by them in Shell. I tried using their tinted moisturiser for a while, but didn't like the coverage and soon switched back to the NARS one in Finland.

Also, I'm guessing you're buying from Mecca ('cause Straya). Have you tried their suncreen range? It's so hard to find a good suncreen for your face with high SPF that doesn't feel greasy. This one is perfect. Up there with Korean and Japanese products and worth even purchasing from overseas, imo.

On the topic of sun protection, I've been using the SunSmart app every day to check UV levels. I'm not letting myself get a nasty t-shirt sunburn like I did last summer. I had a close call last week. Not cute. :(

The to save face 50+ is AMAZING!! I can even wear it under my Stila primer i use (the one with the lavender, peach and green tones) without the primer pilling and going gross.

I've managed to spend myself to the level 3 membership at Mecca, and i need to buy some more exfoliating peel pads. That whole damned store is so dangerous for my wallet <3

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Initial impression: The "all natural no make up" picture literally features a girl with a ton of photoshop and make up.

Half of them are stating they don't want a ton of make up or minimal make up while featuring girls plastered in it but they can't seem to tell they're caked in make up because it looks good and subtle? The other half are saying they want the crazy looks like smokey eyes, red lips, or bold colors. The make up looks good, and the girls look pretty, but minimal make up is more like what a girl proficient at make up does in 5 minutes when she's running late, or a girl that only does the eyes, or the lips... it has nothing to do with how much color or the style being used. There are 'natural looks' but those still require just as much make up and application as more obvious styles..

Sums it up pretty well!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The to save face 50+ is AMAZING!! I can even wear it under my Stila primer i use (the one with the lavender, peach and green tones) without the primer pilling and going gross.

I've seen this and really considered buying it but I can't decide between One Step Illuminate and One Step Correct. I have some redness and uneven spots so I thought the corrector would work best. But the Illuminate seems like great tones for older skin. Oh decisions. But the 50+ sounds awesome. I've never seen one that high and I need it.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I've seen this and really considered buying it but I can't decide between One Step Illuminate and One Step Correct. I have some redness and uneven spots so I thought the corrector would work best. But the Illuminate seems like great tones for older skin. Oh decisions. But the 50+ sounds awesome. I've never seen one that high and I need it.

i LUUUUUURRRRVE the one step correct, i have redness across my cheeks and t-zone, but otherwise really clear skin. With the one step, i can slap it on, conceal the read and then just use a really light concealer on any blemishes i might have. Most of time time my skin is foundation free, but im ALWAYS using the one step correct. It's my hero product.

This is me without foundation, just the Stila primer and a little Chantecaille camouflage stick, it makes my skin all preeeeeetty.

yK4SsPM.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
i LUUUUUURRRRVE the one step correct, i have redness across my cheeks and t-zone, but otherwise really clear skin. With the one step, i can slap it on, conceal the read and then just use a really light concealer on any blemishes i might have. Most of time time my skin is foundation free, but im ALWAYS using the one step correct. It's my hero product.

This is me without foundation, just the Stila primer and a little Chantecaille camouflage stick, it makes my skin all preeeeeetty.

yK4SsPM.jpg

Lovely. Your skin looks flawless.