• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Static electricity is ruining my life.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. But I don't know how to deal with it. My hair is super fine and... the only other word I can think of to describe it is "floaty". It flies out in all directions at the least provocation. And in this cold, dry winter weather, it's completely out of control. Do you guys have any tips or product recommendations for taming static electricity? Specifically, any products that won't make fine hair look limp and greasy?

Ditto on the humidifier. Also, a detangling spray would work for the short-term and immediate needs before you wash your hair. oil + water is the simplest solution for that.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Grease lightening by Lush
Anyone tried it? My sister, who suffers from awful acne said it was amazing.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ditto on the humidifier. Also, a detangling spray would work for the short-term and immediate needs before you wash your hair. oil + water is the simplest solution for that.
I have a humidifier... somewhere. It doesn't normally occur to me to use it, unless I'm sick. But I'll definitely try it.

I use a detangling spray, as well as a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. And I don't wash my hair every day, to avoid drying it out. Nothing seems to make a difference. Except...

I just got this: Amazon.com : Cricket Static Free Fast Flo Vent Brush : Hair Brushes : Beauty

I got it on sale at Sally Beauty Supply, and I was fully prepared to be disappointed, but it works. I don't know how or why it works, but it frigging works. I just ran it through my static-y hair, and it tamed all the flyaways. I suspect sorcery of some kind, but I don't care. All I know is, I don't look like a Fraggle anymore, so I'm calling it a win.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Grease lightening by Lush
Anyone tried it? My sister, who suffers from awful acne said it was amazing.

I have used many of lush's products and Grease Lightning by Lush is one of my absolute favorite products. I order it from the UK when I make big lush order once or twice a year. A little goes a long way and that stuff is magic. I also love Ocean Salt as an all over body scrub.

LonestarCowgirl

Static electricity is ruining my life.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. But I don't know how to deal with it. My hair is super fine and... the only other word I can think of to describe it is "floaty". It flies out in all directions at the least provocation. And in this cold, dry winter weather, it's completely out of control. Do you guys have any tips or product recommendations for taming static electricity? Specifically, any products that won't make fine hair look limp and greasy?

Amazon.com: Static Guard Spray -- 5.5 oz.: Health & Personal Care

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
450.jpg

Picked this up at Walgreens ($3). I shower immediately after bathing Cricket or after I get home from giving my mom's cats their antifungal baths; they splash me a lot w/their cooties-water (she lives like a ½hr drive away - I inadvertently gave 'tardkitty ringworm when stopping in for mail awhile back; Chloe has no symptoms but is basically a dustmop for spores, so she gets the bath too. Mother can't bend to bathe them since her spinal surgery, so despite her being a toxic person, I actually don't mind going there on weekends to do their once weekly bath. It needs to get done, & those kitties are family. She's up at the lake on wknds anyhow, so my exposure to her is minimal).

Aaanyway - I put this stuff on my skin, neck to toes, immediately after showering. Using it as a safeguard against getting reinfected w/ringworm since I basically have constant exposure to it, & my immune system is garbage from all the meds I've been on for past bacteria infections, inflammatory issues, etc.

This oil rocks, though. No sign of fungal infection on me, & it's kept my skin really soft after showering. Tea tree oil is pretty high up on the ingredients list; it's a natural antifungal. I'm not one to jump on the Natural Everything Bandwagon, but certain remedies do have at least some clinical backing. A mix of synthetic & natural products seem to work well for me.

I'd recommend this oil for anyone who ends up getting dry skin after showering, fungus or not. Despite it containing certain comedogenic oils, it hasn't broken me out at all, yet. 2oz bottle goes a really long way, too.

Ingredients:

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Tea Tree Leaf Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) , Safflower Seed Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius) , Rose Hips Fruit Oil (Rosa Canina) , Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) , Peanut Oil (Arachis Hypogaea) , BHT , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) , Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus) , Chamomilla Extract (Recutita Matricaria) , Arnica Montana Flower Extract , Rosemary Leaf Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis) , Sage Leaf Extract (Salvia Officinalis) , Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract , Burdock Root Extract (Arctium Minus) , Lemon Peel Extract (Citrus Medica Limonum) , Ivy Extract (Hedera Helix) , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , Indian Cress Extract (Tropaeolum Majus) , White Nettle Flower Extract (Lamium Album) , Isopropyl Myristate , Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Paraben , Isopropylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Butylparaben , D&C Yellow #11 (CI 47000)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Switched my night cream from Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream to Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion, PM.

500.JPG

The Neutrogena stuff is great, don't get me wrong. It's got quite a bit more retinol (vitamin A derivative - gold standard topical antiaging vitamin) than more expensive drugstore products. However, since I'm prescribed Retin-A (tretinoin cream, very potent topical vitamin A - prescribed to me for cystic acne but is also prescribed to people for photodamage/wrinkles), I don't really need to bother with a cream that's got vit. A as its main selling point. Also wasn't moisturizing enough to offset the peeling from Retin-A (increased from 0.05% to 0.1% - irritation is typical). The Cerave's cheaper, packed w/niacinamide & other cell-communicating ingredients, & has really helped w/the Retin-A irritation. It's got a nice, velvety feel that melts right in.

I'd still recommend the Neutrogena cream for anyone who's trying to keep up a good anti-aging skincare regimen, if they don't have access to prescription retinoids, but if retinoids are too irritating (even OTC retinol can irritate some people too much), the Cerave PM is a good option as a night cream. Niacinamide is a close contender in studies compared to the positive effects of topical retinoids. Their line has a cream specifically marketed for wrinkles, but it's got essentially the same ingredients as the cheaper PM one, & is sold in a jar, which is unhygienic. Their cleansers are kind of overpriced; better off sticking w/a gentle, cheap one like Cetaphil instead. The AM version of this moisturizer is pretty good, for those who can tolerate chemical sunscreens.

Ingredients:

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 (and), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] I'm sure you've posted this before, but you've been super on-the-money with the suggestions..

(Useless background to Question: I've been using the Equate brand version of the Neutrogena Ret A lotion since you posted it, and it's been really great. I also use that other lotion in the PM (the C&C gel one) but I'm thinking I should switch to a stronger one for night time use because I'm finding myself using my mask 2-3 nights each week to keep the break outs down.. I used to only need it when I was at that totm to help kill the flare ups.. I think it's the more humid area I'm living in now.)

What cleanser do you use? Right now I'm just using a microfiber cloth to exfoliate and regular soap on my face...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
warning - this is gonna be long-winded.

[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] I'm sure you've posted this before, but you've been super on-the-money with the suggestions..

(Useless background to Question: I've been using the Equate brand version of the Neutrogena Ret A lotion since you posted it, and it's been really great. I also use that other lotion in the PM (the C&C gel one) but I'm thinking I should switch to a stronger one for night time use because I'm finding myself using my mask 2-3 nights each week to keep the break outs down.. I used to only need it when I was at that totm to help kill the flare ups.. I think it's the more humid area I'm living in now.)

I think those two moisturizers you're currently using are ideal for night-time. What may help the breakouts is another moisturizer for the daytime that contains OTC acne medication, like 2% salicylic acid (another common acne treating ingredient in OTC topicals is benzoyl peroxide, but I always found this super harsh/unhelpful, & it discolored my towels. Always had better luck w/salicylic acid as the active ingredient, instead). I emphasize daytime use vs evening, because salicylic acid shouldn't be combined w/retinol products (though some products do combine them as an anti-wrinkle/anti-blemish gimmick, but that's all it is). Ahlpha-hydroxy (example: glycolic acid) & beta hydroxy acids (ex: salicylic acid) actually break down retinoids, which is counterproductive/wastes your money. Not all products containing 2% salicylic acid are going to be effective, though. They have to have a ph of 4 or lower to absorb properly, & shouldn't be in an alcohol vehicle, as that causes excessive drying/irritation of the skin, which in turn can increase oil production & contribute to more breakouts. Unfortunately, Neutrogena's [lower cost] sister company Clean & Clear's salicylic acid products are either the wrong ph, have too much alcohol, or concentrations below 2%, so they're essentially useless. The C&C gel moisturizer you're currently using is an excellent lightweight basic moisturizer, which is why I use it, however it doesn't contain any active ingredients specifically for acne. Just doesn't break people out.

Back when my acne was mild/moderate (usually flared during that totm), before I'd gotten on my beloved prescription acne meds (retin-a 0.1% cream, & aczone topicals together + spironolactone oral meds, 100mg 1x/day), I used this moisturizer in the mornings after washing my face, to keep acne at bay, and it worked really well for me, for many years.

k2-_b4f600e4-0708-42bc-b00b-80b0e6dde45b.v1.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Neutrogena-Rapid-Clear-Acne-Defense-Face-Lotion-1.7-fl-oz/10805073

I has a mattifying/oil absorbing effect, which is excellent when you live somewhere humid. Humidity was & still is the bane of my existence, as far as breakouts go. It never dried me out. There can be an initial tingling/burning sensation when you begin using it, but that's temporary/not harmful. You can even use it around the eyes, as BHA's like salicylic acid also have anti-aging benefits. It works as a topical exfoliant, & slows sebum production.

You'll notice there are "spot treatment" products available w/2% salicylic acid, but I always had better experiences with moisturizers containing that ingredient. An all-over moisturizer clears the current breakout & prevents new ones from forming there, & everywhere else, where the spot treatments just target the current issue.

Like any exfoliant, it's good to use along w/a sunscreen if you're out. This one is very lightweight/milky in texture - doesn't feel greasy or leave a white cast. You won't feel like you've got layers upon layers of goo on your face if you use this on top of the acne moisturizer above. I switched to a tinted sunscreen awhile back, but this one was really useful before I came across my current favorite. Just avoid using near the eyes, since it's a chemical sunscreen/those usually sting.

k2-_9cb87098-641a-4157-8b70-5a92210656bc.v1.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Neutrogena-Sunblock-Lotion-SPF-55-3-oz/19423423

There are printable coupons for both Neutrogena as well as Clean & Clear products here:

Free Printable Coupons & Offers | HEALTHY ESSENTIALS®

What cleanser do you use? Right now I'm just using a microfiber cloth to exfoliate and regular soap on my face...

Regular soaps tend to be too harsh on the face, stripping it of essential moisture, which can cause a spike in sebum production to compensate, which contributes to future clogged pores/acne flares. They can also contain ingredients that clog pores on the face.

I use this cleanser, morning & night w/warm water:

k2-_780ec397-8285-45eb-bbf2-ba0bd106d7ca.v1.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Biore-Combination-Skin-Balancing-Cleanser-6.77-oz/19335279

Most Biore products are irritating/overpriced/contain pore-clogging waxes/ineffective - however, this one is super gentle, doesn't contain shitty ingredients, & cleans the skin effectively without stripping it. It was OK'd by my dermatologist (I harass her about everything I use). One pump does your whole face, & the bottle will last you 6+ months, in my experience. Well worth the $. You'll see a lot of facial cleansers out there that claim to fight acne - they may even contain salicylic acid -but they tend to contain needless irritants, & since you rinse off a cleanser, the salicylic acid isn't on your face long enough to do a damn thing. It's a marketing gimmick.

I like getting my money's worth, so I've saved some twist-on/popup caps from other bottles (like 3oz travel bottles, or the standard size bottles of rubbing alcohol) that fit on the Biore cleanser. When the product gets too low for the pump to function, I switch to the twist cap, & get at least a week's worth of cleanser out of it. Just have to remember not to accidentally throw out the twist caps.

Microfiber cloths are nice & gentle for exfoliation, but I try to stay away from cloths, sponges, etc, as they can harbor bacteria & other gross crap.

For mechanical exfoliation - 2x a week in the shower, I use this charcoal polishing mask (it's CVS brand, so it's sold exclusively there).

Took a photo - my shitty phone is just beside 'em to illustrate size

20150817_232816_zps16f395cb.jpg

The directions say to apply to your whole face, then wait 5-7 min, and rub in using circular motions. I kinda modified my use of it. I tend to apply, wait one minute for the crystals to melt just a little, then gently rub into my face to exfoliate. I leave it on for 5 more min to let it absorb any crud in my skin (usually leave on while I shave my legs, etc, then rinse off when I'm done). So far, this is my favorite way to exfoliate. Your skin feels baby-soft when you rinse it off; there's a marked difference in texture. And, so long as you give it a good min or so before rubbing it in, there's no chance of over-exfoliating & hurting your skin, as the crystals will melt too soon for that to happen.

The clay mask beside it is excellent, too. Once or twice a week, I apply this when I get out of the shower, & allow it to dry while I moisturize the rest of my body. Each of these products is about $4 at CVS. They also carry trial size versions for a buck or two.

Last thing- depending on how bad the humidity is where you live, you may want to invest in a small dehumidifier (at least for your bedroom, since you spend at least 8hrs straight in there). Like I said, humidity is a huge contributor to my skin issues, I can't stand it. My window-mounted AC's compressor is too weak to remove the humidity in my room, so I got a mini-dehumidifier for $48 at Home Depot. It brought the relative humidity in my room from about 80 to 40-50. Anything above 50 tends to feel stuffy, & creates favorable conditions for dust mites, bacteria, mold & fungus proliferation. I'm actually super-frugal & hate spending money needlessly, especially in large amounts, but this was a great investment. My skin flareups decreased a lot with this addition, & I feel like I even sleep better. I leave it running pretty much 24/7. Hasn't increased the electric bill at all.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Perfect-Home-4-Pint-Dehumidifier-EWDH4/202261882

I'm a weirdo, so I have a cheap thermometer/hygrometer in my room as well, to monitor the humidity levels. I don't really even need it anymore, since that dehumidifier is so consistent.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/AcuRite-Thermometer-with-Humidity-00339HD/100659742

Actually (for real, now) one last thing - make sure to change/wash your sheets/pillowcases at least once a week, if you don't already, & give your cell phone a wipedown w/a cottonball & isopropyl alcohol once a week (I've gotta do mine- there's makeup caked in there on the photo, hah). These things hang on to oils/bacteria & transfer them back onto your face.

Hope some of this.. article.. haha.. helps you out. I've had skin issues for ages, & I became an info junkie on proper skincare over the years. I like sharing what I've picked up/confirmed w/my doctors, especially since there's so much misinformation out there, & garbage marketing ploys. Good luck!

:drwho:

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] I crown you as typologycentral's in house dermatologist!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] Keeping in mind that you have a very different skin type than I do, I have a question, since you seem to know a whole lot about skin care:

I have combination skin and am prone towards both mild acne (i.e. a zit or two every once and a while) and SERIOUS facial dryness (i.e. noticeable skin flaking on my nose, forehead, and between my eyebrows). I use Cetaphil facial cleanser and Cetaphil lotion and that does the trick during the summer, but in the winter I think I need a much stronger lotion. Sometimes I end up using hand cream(!), which works better but obviously feels heavy and uncomfortable.

Do you have recommendations for dealing with that specific skin issue -- specifically picking a face lotion, but also if you have any other skin care ideas?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] Keeping in mind that you have a very different skin type than I do, I have a question, since you seem to know a whole lot about skin care:

I have combination skin and am prone towards both mild acne (i.e. a zit or two every once and a while) and SERIOUS facial dryness (i.e. noticeable skin flaking on my nose, forehead, and between my eyebrows). I use Cetaphil facial cleanser and Cetaphil lotion and that does the trick during the summer, but in the winter I think I need a much stronger lotion. Sometimes I end up using hand cream(!), which works better but obviously feels heavy and uncomfortable.

Do you have recommendations for dealing with that specific skin issue -- specifically picking a face lotion, but also if you have any other skin care ideas?

Granted it doesn't get nearly as cold here as it does where you live, my ISFJ bestie looves this stuff. I've never used that product specifically, my skin is way too oily for anything but light moisture. But, I swear by their cleansers. I've also had really good luck with some of their other products.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] I crown you as typologycentral's in house dermatologist!

:laugh: I'm just neurotic & have too much time on my hands. If any of this shit works for anyone, thank my dermatologist & plastic surgeon. They're saints for putting up with my constant questions, haha.

I'd say, year-round, you may want to use an exfoliator 2x a week. The charcoal scrub I mentioned in my last post to kyuuei is a good one for all skin types. You can use it 2-3x a week in the shower (make sure you take WARM not HOT showers, so you don't strip moisture from your skin) after using your regular cleanser. An exfoliator will help slough off dead cells & reduce flakiness later in the day, exposing fresh, new skin underneath.

Apply your moisturizer ASAP when you get out of the shower/get done washing your face. Doing so will help your skin hold more moisture.

Get a small humidifier for your room to keep by your bed at night in the winter time. Walmart has a few for $20 that work pretty well (my mom uses one). In the dead of winter, if your whole house feels super-dry & you don't want to buy a larger humidifier, you can always take the small one from room to room. Also, cook more on the stovetop vs in the oven. Ovens tend to dry the air out in your home even faster, while steam from the stovetop will help add moisture to the air. Even boiling/simmering a big pot of water for awhile can make a difference in relative humidity. You can get creative & toss some spices in the water, as well, to add a nice smell to your place. Cinnamon, mint, & citrus juices are always a nice combo.

While my skin hates the humidity, the air getting too dry in winter in New England (like RH of 20 or less) would interfere with practicing pieces for musical theater when I was in college - drying out my throat horribly. A little steam went a long way. I kept a crock pot in my room on low, filled w/water & spices, & kept the lid off. Ideal relative humidity for skin, lung health/general sanitation is between 40-50.

If you feel particularly dry in certain patches after moisturizing at bedtime, you can apply a thin layer of Aquaphor to help seal in the moisture at night, although it does feel kinda greasy. Just make sure to wash it off in the morning. Another option is coconut oil on the areas at bedtime, lightly. Again, cleaning in the morning would help keep the pores from getting clogged. That tea tree oil I posted on the last page may work all right at night if you're particularly dry, but I've never used it on my face. I primarily use it as ringworm prophylaxis, but it has made my heels really soft. The only thing I've used on this list on my face is Aquaphor (mainly on my scars, & lips), and that never clogged my pores, though my INTP friend & another friend of mine seem really enthusiastic about coconut oil.

I think the Cerave moisturizers would probably do well on your skin. You can use a little, or a lot, and it contains a ton of skin nourishing ingredients that help build up the skin's ability to hold moisture & renew itself. They're advertised as great for all skin types. My friend's mom has dry, sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, & her derm turned her on to Cerave stuff, recently. Seems to be living up to its advertising, thus far.

A sunscreen, daily, is also super important. Cellular damage over time can contribute to drier skin that can't perform turnover as effectively. The Cerave night time lotion I posted in one of my recent posts has a good SPF 30 daytime counterpart that you might like.

I use Retin-A for my acne, and it can cause a lot of gross flaky skin when I adjust the potency/have to get used to it (despite having oily/combo skin otherwise). I really like the Clean & Clear gel moisturizer as an extra layer on top of my night cream/beneath my day creams to give my skin a little extra moisture without it becoming an oil slick. If I'm makeup-free duing the day, I can reapply this gel as much as needed to keep my skin from flaking.

If I have makeup on, and I'm getting flaky, a spritz of this facial spray on top of my makeup seems to calm everything right down, without smudging anything. Can be used as often as needed. I got it as a free sample on an order (I love this site). I think almost any facial spray would be helpful, as long as it doesn't contain tons of alcohol.

There have been occasions where I was out & about & flaking like an insane amt, & a little spray bottle just wasn't enough. The dead skin just needed to come off. In those situations, these individually packaged witch hazel towelettes were a huge help. Example: last time I was flying coast to coast.. we got near landing.. woke up, went to the bathroom, & saw this peeling lizard in the mirror. Like skin hanging off me, haha. These babies were super handy, then. It wiped off the dead skin, gently. I just reapplied my gel moisturizer immediately afterward & was good to go. The towelettes and Clean&Clear gel moisturizer are always in my bag.

Also.. for all skin types.. drink LOTS of water. Try to minimize caffeine intake, or at least compensate for it, even if you're gonna pee more. Incorporate lots of fresh fruits, leafy green vegetables, & fatty fish (salmon's great!) in your diet. Almonds & avocados are also great skin-nourishing foods.

:thinking: That's all I got, I think, for now. Hope some of it helps!

PS - If you're worried about wasting $ on trying new stuff, I recommend buying these items at CVS or Walgreens. Both stores have a very reliable Beauty Guarantee - you can return anything you buy if you're not satisfied, for a full refund, as long as it's not completely empty. I do it all the time.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think...

I just went and bought the Biore cleanser and the Rapid Clear :) I'm going to give them a try starting tonight! .. Going to try the RC in the morning, and the Retin-A I have already at night, and I'm going to switch the gel moisturizer to something I carry and can apply mid-day at work or something. I do have a mask I love which is also clay.

Zinc and Sulphur Masque - balance acne prone and oily skin - $24.95

That mask is generally what I use when I start realizing I'm getting all of those teeny break outs all over when that totm kicks in, and a couple nights of sleeping in that mask will keep me from poking at my face and making it all worse. It goes away and my skin goes back to managing-this-shit zone instead of shits-fucked-up zone. It is pricey, but since I get it for free I love it even more. Knowing how it works, I'd probably pay that full price for it actually.

I did have a prescription once upon a time for Retin-A, but I found it was just so harsh on my face it peeled it like crazy. The neutrogena one you advised in an earlier post is just enough to be effective but not too much to make me look like a lizard monster that's growing.

Pinker85

I've been using this glitter eyeliner that I think looks great ... its called Heavy Metal by Urban Decay:

urban-decay-heavy-metal-glitter-eyeliner-collection.jpg

I have the pink and purple. Pink comes out a little reddish and purple has a lot of silver to it, almost to look more like silver with lavendar hints. I use it primarily under my eyes, as a strong line of glitter along my lower lash line. I think it really makes my eyes pop.

When I bought it I also got a free sample of lipstick called Matte Revolution in the color Bad Blood. I've been using a small dab of it with lipgloss and also on my cheeks as blush. A tiny bit goes a long way but it creates a really nice glow. When I run out of the sample, probably in like TWO MONTHS, will buy it for everyday use. It's really concentrated.

7972f20db7797da517ca0b3c50ded64f.jpg

For hair dye in non-conventional colors, I really like RAW brand hair dye. I think the colors pop the most and have good staying power. I buy a bottle for $12.99 at Hot Topic here in Hawaii.

Raw-Color-Hot-Topic-%E2%80%93-Green.jpg

For hair bleach for Asian hair, Jerome Russell Lightest and Brightest in 40 volume works really well. Of every over the counter brand I've tried it takes up color the best.

41L2PYzNrmL._SY300_.jpg

It's about 7-8 dollars for the powder and peroxide.

My favorite nail polish is either

Scribble Me This Glitter by KBShimmer

scribble-me-this-1024x768.jpg

OR Clown Puke by KBShimmer

clownpuke_grande.jpeg

Both need a base coat and top coat to have staying power, but I really like the colors and shapes in the polish.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i splurged on this but i feel like my skin has been more glowy since i started using it:
s759779-main-Lhero.jpg

i rarely wear lip color because i'm so picky about it, but i actually liked how this looked on me and might buy it someday:
Liptar-Lydia.jpg

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have huge craterous open pores. They are very unsightly. Someone please help.

(My skin is very oily but also sensitive and dries out and reddens with harsh treatments :()

Kas

Fabula rasa
I have huge craterous open pores. They are very unsightly. Someone please help.

(My skin is very oily but also sensitive and dries out and reddens with harsh treatments :()

effaclar-range_513e785fd71bc.jpg

The first (gel) and the last one in the picture. They made me have almost no difficulties with skin and I used to have problem before with other cosmetics because my skin is very sensitive... So they're really good.

Creams with mandelic acid could also work. But I can only use 5% and temporarily( otherwise it dries my skin), so I would advise to try 5%- max 10% if your skin is sensitive.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have super oily skin. I'm talking visible oil on the nose, forehead and chin. I have to use those oil blotting papers to get rid of the excess. I don't wear make-up or even powder.

I have a question about cleansing though...I get a lot flakiness around my nose, sometimes my chin, too...like dry skin but that's the oiliest part of my face. What can I do about this freaking flaky skin? It drives me crazy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have super oily skin. I'm talking visible oil on the nose, forehead and chin. I have to use those oil blotting papers to get rid of the excess. I don't wear make-up or even powder.

I have a question about cleansing though...I get a lot flakiness around my nose, sometimes my chin, too...like dry skin but that's the oiliest part of my face. What can I do about this freaking flaky skin? It drives me crazy.

I am pretty much the same.

I haven't found a facial lotion that works for this, as I have always stuck with Neutrogena moisturing + 15spf, just because I wanted the spf and don't want to clog my pores, because I also break out a fair amount still (not a LOT, but I get zits and blackheads ) - and I'm 37, lol. I'm also interested in hearing feedback.

-------

I will say that, *possibly* tied to this, my hair used to be a LOT more oily than it is now - like, I'd have to wash it every single day, otherwise by day 2 it was very oily. I've figured out something that finally works, and now for the first time in like 17 years I can wash it every two days -- I may be to the point where it can be every 3. And it seems counterintuitive, but, I've just been seriously moisturizing my scalp - I've been using an Aveda 'Scalp Benefits' conditioner every time I wash my hair, massaging it into my scalp (ie attacking my scalp rather than my hair). Now, Aveda stuff is insanely expensive, it's like $100+ for a giant bottle (eek), but also my scalp and hair are so much more healthy, and less greasy now. My point with this ramble being, that the excess oiliness very well may be because your skin is too dry, and your body is over-producing oils. I think that is/was the case with my hair and scalp.