• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This product works wonders:

adobe-photoshop.jpg

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
recommendations for a very very gentle, affordable, mascara? I've been using the sexycurves one recently (and for the most part I really like it) but ever since I had my eyes lasered in the summer they're soooo sensitive to makeup for some reason. I'm dry and itching after a few hours any day I wear mascara so I rarely wear it now - I'd prefer to wear it every day since it makes a huge difference with my light-ish eyelashes.

I'm also sort of wondering if just not wearing mascara at all for a month or two made my eyes super sensitive on its own and if my eyes would just adjust eventually if I just bit the bullet and started wearing it every day again...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Went Christmas shopping at Sephora the other day and ended up with two things for myself. It's not my fault they make the fun gift sets at Christmas, at such great prices! :-D

One of the things I got (Can't find a pic right now) is a set of lip glosses and lipsticks/lipstains, with stuff from Lancome, Tarte, Benefit, Kat von D, Buxom, etc. All in shades I will use! Also got a great Bare Minerals set for $20 with two eyeshadows, full mascara and liner, and a gorgeous red lip gloss thing. And I'm getting the Naked palette for Christmas from my sister! Squee!

That damn place is evil. I have switched over to Bare Minerals and I stocked up after Christmas. I had a full sized foundation for free coupon and the eye and face brightening primers.

F

figsfiggyfigs

recommendations for a very very gentle, affordable, mascara? I've been using the sexycurves one recently (and for the most part I really like it) but ever since I had my eyes lasered in the summer they're soooo sensitive to makeup for some reason. I'm dry and itching after a few hours any day I wear mascara so I rarely wear it now - I'd prefer to wear it every day since it makes a huge difference with my light-ish eyelashes.

I'm also sort of wondering if just not wearing mascara at all for a month or two made my eyes super sensitive on its own and if my eyes would just adjust eventually if I just bit the bullet and started wearing it every day again...
Hmmm.. I'm not sure. I find that Estee Lauder's double wear has been the gentlest mascara I've used. I've also used Loreal's Telescopic, which I find to be rather gentle as well.

When I stopped using mascara for a while, my eyes became very sensitive as well.

By light-ish, do you mean colour? or density?

Sephora is a money sucking black hole.

A

A window to the soul

Almay. Replace monthly.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By light-ish, do you mean colour? or density?

Colour, they vaguely match my hair which is dark blonde veering towards brown. Especially light on the ends (maybe everyone's are like that?) so it makes a huge difference to have the whole lash dark, especially since I have oddly dark eyebrows. I think the density is fairly average-ish, I have no idea actually, hahaha.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Colour, they vaguely match my hair which is dark blonde veering towards brown. Especially light on the ends (maybe everyone's are like that?) so it makes a huge difference to have the whole lash dark, especially since I have oddly dark eyebrows. I think the density is fairly average-ish, I have no idea actually, hahaha.

they have commercial eye-lash dye. I don't know how common it is in the US, but I know it is VERY common in scandinavia. They have it in every store, you'll probably manage to find some in the US.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
huh, good to know. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. will have to investigate...dye might also be irritating though unfortunately.

F

figsfiggyfigs

huh, good to know. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years. will have to investigate...dye might also be irritating though unfortunately.

Well, I assume it won't be too bad considering they're specifically produced and commercialized for eyelashes. Do look into it, I'd think the momentary irritation is worth the overall results.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Ive tried TONS of mascaras before.

I have to say, this is seriously top notch, esp considering it's only a Drugstore brand. I love it.

Collageeetwtwg.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I bought a couple products I want to say good things about:

Soapwalla deodorant - an all natural deodorant recipe that actually works, sort of. It still has a slew of con's since it's all natural: it doesn't stop sweat, it has powders in it so it'll get black clothes powdery, and it's not as powerful as antiperspirants. With that said, I'm pleased with it. It's great for when I'm going running/working out and I don't care if I'm sweating, or if I'm going to bed since I don't care about sweating then either. It's pretty powerful when you first apply it, and I wish it came in other scents, but if I shower in the morning and put this stuff on it'll really keep me smelling good all day if I'm not sweating massively. I'm going to put it to Texas summer testing this summer and see how it fairs. So if anyone was looking at switching to all natural, this one might be given a try. (I was told to wash your armpits with a bit of ACV/water with all natural DO's to neutralize some of the baking soda on them.)

Soultanicals Fluffalicious Conditioner - I'm buying other things from this product line (just waiting for them to ship), but I bought a tub of the conditioner to see if it would help my hair. And it did. I have zero complaints about this product. A little goes a long way, it smells great and keeps smelling great long after I've washed my hair, it isn't an overpowering smell, and it helped kill some of the after-henna smell in my hair which usually lasts over a week.. I suspect it to be completely out in 3-4 days. You can apply it dry or wet, and the ingredient list is agreeable for someone trying to switch to more natural products but still wanting convenience in commercial product.

recommendations for a very very gentle, affordable, mascara?

http://www.humblebeeandme.com/diy-natural-clay-mascara-that-actually-works/ This girl has a DIY recipe, which probably is a bit gentler since it doesn't need preservatives and stuff (and I bet for the price of the ingredients/amount needed per recipe you could make a decent amount for literally years for a fraction of commercial brand stuff). I suspect you probably don't want to spend actual time making beauty products.. but if commercial products continue to bug you a lot, maybe this would be an alternative? It really is a "mix together and apply" recipe, so no special tools or anything needed. Just a container and brush.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper in Venice - Prettiest sheer lipstick. Ever. It's a very natural-looking dark neutral (brownish) pink. I'm a fair-skinned redhead but I think it would look good on almost anyone.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been using an all natural shampoo bar that I picked up at a local herbal shop. I love how it makes my hair feel.

Also, I've found that their body bar soaps leave me feeling much cleaner than store brands. No residue and they smell great.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ladies, what's a good, subtle scent you'd recommend that my wife might enjoy on me? She hates anything that smells, in her words, "too chemically"

And please don't say patchouli.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paco Rabanne One Million, used extremely sparingly
or
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
Put whatever you try on at least an hour before she's going to smell it, so it can have time to dry down well. That should help with the "chemically" thing.

About the eyelash dye thing - many salons will tint your eyelashes. Some you have to ask, they don't always have it on the list of services.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
CoverGirl LashBlash Fusion Mascara (in Very Black) is the best mascara I've ever tried. Every time I've switched brands I've come back to this one.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
best mascara i've ever used. in brownish black.

14781.jpeg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
best mascara i've ever used. in brownish black.

:holy: I use the same (or similar) kind from that brand!

07561.jpg

Physician's Formula Organic wear®100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara (in Ultra-Black)

One claim is that it contains a serum to boost lash growth, protect present lashes. I have fairly thick ones to begin with, and I haven't seen much difference in that regard. I'll usually to go w/mascaras that contain 'serums' because they do tend to be more moisturizing than others.

The overall effect of this mascara well surpassed my expectations. The brush bristles are super-short and very hard, compared to others. Perfect separation, never any clumps. Lashes stay soft all day, too (even after it dries, which does take slightly longer than other brands I've used). You don't have that gross, stiff, dried-out result. I assume it's the beeswax in the product.

It does wash off easily with some eye makeup remover (and yes, it runs if you cry), but I've always heard waterproof mascaras were quite bad for you.

Anyway, highly recommend. You can find it easily in drugstores.

Physician's Formula also carries a nice broad-spectrum SPF-30 loose powder I like a lot. High concentrations of Zinc Oxide, which is a great physical UVA/UVB barrier. Not as a primary sunscreen, though, as powders and sprays are not recognized by the FDA as effective sun protection. Every little bit helps though, right?

Physician's Formula Mineral Wearâ„¢Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30 (in Translucent Light)

07315.jpg

I like that the brush is connected by a magnet inside, and also has a plastic cover to protect it from other cosmetics or dirt, but the overall 'egg' shape is a bit cumbersome if you take it with you places for touch-ups. Usually the clear cover cracks after a month or so, but it still holds together, ime.

It does deliver a nice airbrushed-looking result. Gentle on skin, too.
Shades run a bit dark, so I'd suggest going a shade lighter than usual if any of you wanna try it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ladies, what's a good, subtle scent you'd recommend that my wife might enjoy on me? She hates anything that smells, in her words, "too chemically"

And please don't say patchouli.

I hate perfumes/colognes, personally. They all smell like drain-cleaner to me. Are you sure you need one? Your wife may prefer your natural scent a lot (assuming you're clean/wear at least a deodorant of some kind).