• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's the big red thing?

I'm so excited too! I bought some GLITTER eye shadow at Claire's tonight for $5. :smile:

G

Glycerine

It's cheekstain.
Tarte+for+True+Blood+Collector%2527s+Palette+Natural+Cheek+Stain+%25284%2529.JPG

:D Yay for new makeup purchases!

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I cleaned my face last night with Ponds Cold Cream. I kind of liked it. What's your favorite skin regimen?

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tried Dr. Perricone but switched back to Lancome. My skin has appeared to be the healthiest while using Lancome products. I've tried Bliss, Dr. Perricone, Estee Lauder for long periods of time, as well.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I am so excited....I got this for my birthday.
248.jpg

I needed more neutral colors so I opted for this.

I was debating whether or not to splurge on this. Is the pigmentation strong enough, or does it fall victim to large palette/crap pigmentation syndrome?

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=13860]mujigay[/MENTION]: The pigmentation is decent but is much better with primer under it. But then again, I have medium tan skin with yellow undertones. If you want to get a similar palette with better pigmentation, the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary would be a better choice, IMO.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
[MENTION=13860]mujigay[/MENTION]: The pigmentation is decent but is much better with primer under it. But then again, I have medium tan skin with yellow undertones. If you want to get a similar palette with better pigmentation, the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary would be a better choice, IMO.

urban decay really does have amazing pigments.

have you tried using your eyeshadows with mac's fix+?
_5819753.jpg

it makes the shadows even more pigmented (kinda
like the wet/dry eyeshadow concept). but fix+ gives
this very, very awesome foiling effect:

6142315111_8a828fe465.jpg

(L: dry, R: with fix+)

just spritz the fix+ on your brush and use the eyeshadow.

i actually do this with even the very pigmented shadows
and loose pigments, i just love the finish. looks sooo good
with Urban Decay's rockstar shadow

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
any tips on acquiring makeup for non-staggering prices? I went to look at the primers after the advice here and a tiny bottle of smashbox primer was 50$!! I was expecting higher prices than the drugstore stuff but not 5-10x higher....do they at least have sales or something?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
any tips on acquiring makeup for non-staggering prices? I went to look at the primers after the advice here and a tiny bottle of smashbox primer was 50$!! I was expecting higher prices than the drugstore stuff but not 5-10x higher....do they at least have sales or something?

the sephora friends and family sale just ended. so did the urban decay sale.
but there should be another sale end of this month.

and there's the cosmetics company store which is like a makeup outlet.
here's a listing: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/brands/brands_3rd_level.asp?id=486

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cool, thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

http://www.hey-dollface.com/2010/07...ood-alternative-to-smashbox-photo-finish.html

The Sephora brand tends to be the least-expensive in the store. I think the quality is a little better than drugstore, but less-than-premium. It's still good stuff. Smashbox primers basically never go on sale. That would be nice! Although sometimes Sephora runs 10-20% off everything, if you sign up for their website e-mails, but this is only a couple of times a year, that I have caught. I am not a member of the Smashbox website, however, and maybe they run specials sometimes.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today I bought Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara. I love it. It has a silicone brush that's supposed to prevent clumping. I also bought Benefit's BAD gal waterproof eye liner that's supposed to not run and stay on for 10 hours.

theyrerealbenefitmascar.jpg

benefit-badgal-liner-waterproof-extra-black2.jpeg

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Today I bought Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara. I love it. It has a silicone brush that's supposed to prevent clumping. I also bought Benefit's BAD gal waterproof eye liner that's supposed to not run and stay on for 10 hours.

theyrerealbenefitmascar.jpg

benefit-badgal-liner-waterproof-extra-black2.jpeg

i've heard soooooo much about they're real!
it's all the rage on the beauty blogs! i normally
stick to asian brand mascaras, or else i get
'panda eyed'. but this is really tempting to try.

and i loooove the badgal eyeliners. i used to
use the big fat stick. i use this waterproof one
for my waterline! (have you tried urban decay
24/7 liners?) i think benefit's packaging for the
eyeliner is the still the best of its class. i love the
smudger sponge.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

http://makeupalley.com/product/show...1/MagiX-Face-Perfector/Avon/Primer/-Corrector
Avon Magix is favorably compared to Smashbox and costs $10 or less. I'd be happy to send you a sample (I am not affiliated in any way). I buy two or three when they go on sale for, like, $7.50 or whatever it is -- cheap. You use an amount about the size of a pea for your whole face.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not like patchouli oil.
Why was it ever invented?
Can't the gorgeous hippie girls find a new scent?

:happy:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All righty then!
Note to self: ditch the patchouli around teh Halla

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've decided that I'm going to try more all natural makeup, because, well, I just like it. Anyone have any suggestions?

and i loooove the badgal eyeliners. i used to
use the big fat stick. i use this waterproof one
for my waterline! (have you tried urban decay
24/7 liners?)
i think benefit's packaging for the
eyeliner is the still the best of its class. i love the
smudger sponge.

Nope, but I'm a big Urban Decay fan. I currently use their primers and makeup remover and I still use a couple of their old pressed power blushes that I wish they never discontinued because the colors are beautiful. :sad:

I do not like patchouli oil.
Why was it ever invented?
Can't the gorgeous hippie girls find a new scent?

:happy:

Ditto. I really dislike that scent. You can smell it when you're walking in crowds in NorCal. :sick:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've decided that I'm going to try more all natural makeup, because, well, I just like it. Anyone have any suggestions?

I really like Tarte, and I've chosen it for day makeup, after trying many varieties. Tarte offers a really natural look.

http://tartecosmetics.com/skinvigorating-glossary.php describes the ingredients they use in their products. Many of their products are formulated without mineral oil, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, paraben, and sodium laurel sulfate. They are cruelty-free, dermatologically and clinically tested, and have natural fragrance.

The way Tarte describes themselves on their website:

"So I set out to create a line that would prove that glamour can be good for you by pioneering the use of high-performance naturals™ that bring clinical results to the everyday woman! Ten years later tarte is the leader in earth engineered™ beauty offering the widest selection of natural cosmetics full of skinvigorating™ ingredients including our proprietary t5 super fruit complex™ (a blend of the five most active, free-radical fighting super fruits), vitamins, minerals and natural fruit and plant extracts. But it’s not just about what’s in our healthy formulas; it’s what’s not in them that really sets us apart! Our products are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances, just to name a few."

I use their primer some, which is very similar to the ever-popular Smashbox primer, shown here. http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-clean-slate-face-primer It is basically a more-natural version of the Smashbox primer.

I also use the foundation, http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-ReCreate-natural-anti-aging-foundation, and I love it, as it is very natural-looking for day.

I just bought this kit, http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-lip-service-limited-edition-LipSurgence-collection, the lip service limited-edition Lipsurgence collection. I love their lip tints, and this kit is an excellent deal. 5 full-size pencils for $29, as opposed to $24 for one, usually.

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-mini-cheek-stain-and-ring-set I also bought this set. 3 mini-size cheek stains for $25. They blend really well, are quick to apply, and look very natural for day.