You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I tend to stay from eye-shadows. Maybe it's because I don't know how to put them on properly, even when I take the time to try....

I also think " Where would I wear that"

So, answer my question ladies, which sort of occasion would call for yellow eye-shadow? And how would one "wear" it?
    Yellow eye shadow, to me, is a night thing. An 'on the town' sort of thing. I personally wouldn't wear yellow eye shadow, in general. What color are your eyes? I mentioned the other day that I thought grey eyes might pair very nicely with yellow. Actually, any eye color would work.

And there are sooo many different ways to apply/style makeup. The simplest way, in my opinion, is to take a makeup brush and take a little bit on the end, lightly brushing over the eyelid to get the result you want. It is an art, so I hope you are artistic

@mrcockburn, makeup can get wayyy more complicated than this.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    These blend like a DREAM, A DREAM I TELL YOU! Your dog could swipe these eye shadows on you and they would be perfectly blended,
    Sold.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I hope you try them and love them as much as I do.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I tend to stay from eye-shadows. Maybe it's because I don't know how to put them on properly, even when I take the time to try....

I also think " Where would I wear that"

So, answer my question ladies, which sort of occasion would call for yellow eye-shadow? And how would one "wear" it?
    Depends on what tone and shade of yellow. I'm guessing you're a winter, so cool tones would suit you although you've got a bit of hybrid in you, so some warm and neutral shades would also suit. Say you were to wear a yellow, cool tone sundress. You could add a touch of yellow eyeshadow on the inner corner of your eye and maybe under the brow, to emphasize your eyebrows.

Personally, I wouldn't wear yellow since it's already a natural colour for me!

A look that would be fantastic on you is this but not quite so dark. You could also simplify especially the layers of eyeliner and the need to layer so many different colours of shadow:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdII2OWpazk&feature=relmfu"]YW![/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Yellow eye shadow, to me, is a night thing. An 'on the town' sort of thing. I personally wouldn't wear yellow eye shadow, in general. What color are your eyes? I mentioned the other day that I thought grey eyes might pair very nicely with yellow. Actually, any eye color would work.

And there are sooo many different ways to apply/style makeup. The simplest way, in my opinion, is to take a makeup brush and take a little bit on the end, lightly brushing over the eyelid to get the result you want. It is an art, so I hope you are artistic

@mrcockburn, makeup can get wayyy more complicated than this.
    are you kidding me. Fuck that shit, man...if I don't look like the Phantom of the Opera unmasked, I'm satisfied.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

figsfiggyfigs

For a yellow-y tone, I usually use Mac's "vanilla" eyeshadow. To ME, the base seems light god.
    not me.

I do love golds. Unfortunately, they make the person wearing it, seem a little unhealthy.

Which is why I usually go for eyeliners.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Odyne View Post
    Does anyone recommend a good facial moisturizer? I tried Neutrogena, but it felt really heavy on my skins and my face started breaking out.

this is the one I used which I DONT like and DONT recommend.

If you have any other favorite face care products, please suggest away.
    I love Philosophy. I use the Miracle Worker line for daytime and Omega 3 6 9 for night. My face is T zone and way more dry come winter and this combo works really well. I also use regular Purity cleanser but my mom has oily skin and prefers the foaming variety.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

When im home alone and bored. I like to play with colour.

These are all from Urban Decay.

(excuse the ugly mug)

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    GONE

@Jenaphor @mmhmm @Antimony (you Azn, girl?) @Sparrow if she's posted in this thread - any rec's for foundations for Asian skin?

And I wear purple liner, supposedly it makes dark brown eyes pop.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

@CzeCze

Every product named is made by MAC since it doesn't cause any breakouts on me so I'm loyal to the death. Very sensitive skin.

Don't care day: No foundation or a light dusting of Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
    Full war paint: Beyond moisturizer, layer first with Prep and Prime (silicon base), then Select SPF15 with a light dusting of the Mineralize Skinfinish or Bronzing Powder to set. On days I really look washed out a la dawn of the living dead, after applying the P&P and Select SPF15, I'll lightly dust my entire face with a Powder Blush (Cubic) which brings some human colour back into my face, then dust over with the Mineralize Skinfinish.