MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

@fidelia
    I heart coxrx!
    For bumpiness, BHA is the right track as well as retin-a and vitamin c. Although ALL of it might be a bit much....
    IMO an AHA is best for skin texture and treating blemishes, and cosrx makes a great AHA serum called AHA whitehead power liquid. It's obviously for whiteheads (little bumpy acne that is not inflamed), but it works for my inflammatory and even hormonal cystic acne too.
    Im not sure what kind of redness you mean... general redness or hyperpigmentation? AHA will help a lot with hyperpigmentation, as will retin-a and vitamin c. The cosrx BHA and AHA serums have nianmiacide which is supposed to be great for both kinds of redness. Centella Asiatica is in a lot of K beauty too and is supposed to be great for soothing redness too. Although I tried the cosrx centella blemish cream but it didn't seem to do much and I use enough products... XD
    Anyhow, everything you are doing is speeding up exfoliation which can help with preventing breakouts and improving texture, and it can help with discoloration, BUT, it can also make your skin raw and sensitive to the sun. That means redness if you're fair. So you need moisturizers that soothe and protect.
    The snail mucin and honey ampoules might help. I'm using Klairs rich moist soothing cream which is really gentle. They make a night blue calming cream that gets good reviews. Might be worth checking out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

The retinol seems quite gentle - no irritation. I have very fair skin, but about four years ago maybe, it started being a bit pink all the time if I didn't use foundation or bb cream. I assume it has to do with aging. At that time, I mostly only was wearing sun screen. I'll look up the things you mentioned.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I've never tried oil cleansers. Do they feel oily? Also I didn't realize Eucerin has SPF.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think about sunscreen? Any strong opinions?
    Ceecee answered the oily question but I wanted to add that before I tried oil cleansers, I had that Goldilocks problem where I couldn't find a cleaser that wasn't too drying, too harsh, to mild, caused irritation. Yadda. If you have that issue, I highly recommend oil cleasers as they could be a good fit that is overlooked because oil = stigma of clogging pores but the cleansers don't have the same viscosity. They are light.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Oh hey! I missed those two posts of yours, ceecee. Thank you for the info!

Also thanks MDP!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

So I bought miscellar water to try and can't believe the amount of junk it got off my face and chest after I thought that was clean. Also bought cleansing oil, but it has no direction for use. I just kind of put a dropper full on, added water and rubbed my face a little and then rinsed with a washcloth. I liked how it felt after.

I did order the cosrx aha stuff as well as the mucin snail stuff. Also, anyone have opinions about blue tansy oil? I was told it's good to reduce inflammation in skin.

I'm doing a month long liver cleanse where I take certain supplements, eat super clean, exercise every day, and get extra sleep. I'm curious whether it will make a difference for my skin. My lymphatic system isn't working as it should, which means inflammation everywhere in my body, so I'm hoping this gives it a boost. I'm already doing dry brushing, juicing, rebounding etc - all the standard stuff they say that helps with that.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

Default Distingué

I asked for a normal haircut, but they gave me a buzz cut. I look quite different, particularly as I pigment my hair with Touch of Silver by Provoke, click on Review | Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo & Intensive Conditioner - YouTube. It feels nice to touch, and gives me a clean cut look, and I don't have to do my hair. And if truth be known, je suis distingué.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, chickpea, biohazard liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I've been shaving my face the pasts couple of weeks with a disposal eyebrow razor. It's amazing. I've noticed my makeup goes on way easier and my hyperpigmentation is fading quicker. I've also incorporated high quality olive oil to wash my face with/moisturize and I've noticed my PIH fading super quick and no longer having a lot of redness.
    WHERE YOU STOP IS WHERE I BEGIN.

Senior Member Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

if anyone is interested in cheap nail polish, I've found Wet n Wild to be a good brand.
    my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?view=jazzylarsen
    My Nohari: http://kevan.org/nohari?view=JazzyLarsen
    4w3, 5w6, 1w2 Sx/So ENFP
    You're damned if you do and damned if you don't, so you might as well be yourself.

I'm attempting the no likes experiment.
    Likes biohazard, Nørrsken liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Hair stuff.

I have ridiculously thick, coarse hair. I’ve kept it short (pixie length) since I was about 17, though I’ve let it grow back out over the past couple years. It’s down to my shoulders now. My mother forced me to keep it long (past my butt) throughout childhood. Maddening memories of mounds of monstrous mats meander about my mind.

And now, they’ve come back. Every morning is a damned rats’ nest. Layers of knots. I keep my hair in a low ponytail for sleep; it’s mostly intact when I wake up. I can’t braid. I try & my inept, spidery fingers just get tangled/confused.

Anyone know what the best sort of brush or comb is for detangling serious mats without damaging your hair? Or a non-oily detangling spray?

Also looking for a decent, affordable (read: cheap) 2in1 shampoo/conditioner for color-treated hair. Winter’s coming, & sometimes the hot water doesn’t last as long in the colder months, so this would be a great time reducer every so often. Nothing super oily, as oily hair products tend to cause breakouts for me/my hair ends up looking greasy within a day.

Thanks in advance.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Hair stuff.

I have ridiculously thick, coarse hair. I’ve kept it short (pixie length) since I was about 17, though I’ve let it grow back out over the past couple years. It’s down to my shoulders now. My mother forced me to keep it long (past my butt) throughout childhood. Maddening memories of mounds of monstrous mats meander about my mind.

And now, they’ve come back. Every morning is a damned rats’ nest. Layers of knots. I keep my hair in a low ponytail for sleep; it’s mostly intact when I wake up. I can’t braid. I try & my inept, spidery fingers just get tangled/confused.

Anyone know what the best sort of brush or comb is for detangling serious mats without damaging your hair? Or a non-oily detangling spray?

Also looking for a decent, affordable (read: cheap) 2in1 shampoo/conditioner for color-treated hair. Winter’s coming, & sometimes the hot water doesn’t last as long in the colder months, so this would be a great time reducer every so often. Nothing super oily, as oily hair products tend to cause breakouts for me/my hair ends up looking greasy within a day.

Thanks in advance.
    L'Oreal makes a sulfate free drugstore priced shampoo - that's ideal for colored hair. I also have an problem with tangled hair - mostly at the base of my head. It's maddening! Anyway, I started using a WET Brush to get the tangles out but I found they also make a detangler. Works great and it's about $15. The brush is about $10.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.