MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    There you go judging again- you judger!

That's exactly what I'd expect an incontrovertible introvert to say!!!

I'm going to go practice my makeup. *hmph*

@mmhmm: Thanks for all the info, I have obviously found a topic that you know and care a lot about! It's just going to take me some time to absorb it ...and also make an Ulta run.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    (@OrangeAppled how do you like the urban
    decay primer potion on your lids? do you find it
    easy to apply? did you use any other
    kinds of primers before?)
    I've used smashbox photofinish eye primer, a few drugstore brands which escape me now (hard candy maybe), and mac prep + prime; I've also used mac paint (which is not a primer, but works decently as one). I have never tried elf, but if it's cheap I probably will when my UD runs out .

I liked Urban Decay's the best mainly because it lasted the longest. Since I have veeery oily skin, many primers do nothing for me.

I also really liked the wand application, but the packaging has changed now (which helps to not waste product, which is a plus). The others were tubes or jars & required a finger, which Urban Decay does now also. The elf I've seen has a wand, which I think is a plus, however, it does usually waste product at the end if the tube is not squeezable.

Other points for UD: it spreads easily at first and then dries fast & doesn't budge. I found others too lotion-y & greasy, too watery or goopy, taking too much time to dry before being able to apply shadow, or drying too fast before you can spread it around, etc.

The downside - if you're not good at blending shadow, I find this makes it harder, but that's true of any primer that works. It's made to keep shadow from smudging, after all. If you think applying the shadow before it dries will solve the issue, the problem then is that sometimes it just wipes the primer off. However, it is workable. Another possible downside or plus, depending on how you see it, is that it is VERY dry. I do not use this everyday, because I think it could be drying to the eye area over time. I only use it when I go out or do something a bit special. The reason that's a plus is this is no doubt why it lasts so long. Your makeup won't budge because it's dried in place, basically.

Good points are that you need less eyeshadow product, as the colors show up more vividly & don't soak into the skin as much. It's also "neat" to work with, preventing shadow from dusting below your eye or other undesirable areas when applying. I also really like that they have different colors now, because the shimmery colors work well on their own as a shadow if you just want a sheer, natural color & some eyeliner.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I liked Urban Decay's the best
    Me too. I've also tried Too Faced's shadow primer, which is supposedly UD Primer Potion's main competitor. I didn't like it as much. It's not as sticky as UD's.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Senser!
    Maybe you are a senser, you can't spell
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Maybe you are a senser, you can't spell
    That don't even make since.

MBTI
    INTP

Love Urban Decay's Primer Potion, though I bought the huge tube and it dried out before I finished it. I got a sample of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray, and I like that quite a bit, too. It's a bit thinner in consistency than the UD, and spreads nicely. I also have a palette by Lauren Luke that comes with a couple of primers, and I use and like those, too.
    Something Witty

Senior Member Array Nomenclature's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I get cysts also (in fact, that's almost all I get. I'll be 99% clear with one massive, painful cyst). Do you use the AHA face wash in this line?
    YUP. I looked in the ingredients and there was glycolic acid, lactic acid, malic acid, and salicylic acid. My brother has the kit: cleanser, shaving cream, moisturizer, and something else. Also used to have the 35% glycolic acid peel.

My favorite daytime moisturizer is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/SPF. It's the highest concentration of glycolic acid in a product I can find in the drugstore.
    Guess what I just got yesterday! Thanks. It's just annoying to go out of my way to look up the glycolic acid content because it doesn't say on the packaging... I mean, you would think that it's listed in the "active ingredients" section, but I don't know if it's a snag on the FDA's part or if it was meant to be that way or what.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Glycerine

Has anyone ever tried Sugarpill? I like the color intensity and am tempted to get some... http://www.sugarpillshop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Has anyone ever tried Sugarpill? I like the color intensity and am tempted to get some... http://www.sugarpillshop.com/
    i've heard of them through the beauty blogs!
    their famous colour is the yellow buttercupcake

i've actually been wanting to try it out!
    it's appealing because how highly pigmented
    it is, and would seem to be easier to use
    than the traditional loose pigments... which
    gets everywhereeeeee.

plus they're matte, and it's so hard to find
    great matte shadows with good pigmentation.

vintage or tacky uses it quite a lot
    in her fantasy tutorials... that's
    the buttercupcake yellow on the eye.

i really like the palettes! want want want.

Burning Heart - Colors: Flamepoint, Buttercupcake, Love+, Poison Plum

i really want the poison plum.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

I tend to stay from eye-shadows. Maybe it's because I don't know how to put them on properly, even when I take the time to try....

I also think " Where would I wear that"

So, answer my question ladies, which sort of occasion would call for yellow eye-shadow? And how would one "wear" it?