Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Twerking & Lurking Array ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Is it possible that some women just cannot wear darker eye makeup even when tastefully applied?
    Certified makeup artist coming through to the rescue!

The shade and placement of the eye shadow are two big factors when it comes to tackling darker colors. I really struggled with it when I was beginning my makeup adventure, but I have it down pretty well now.
    If your eyes tend to appear smaller, then you may not want to line your whole eye with black liner and eye shadow. Instead, focus your darker shades on the outer v shape of your eye so that it pulls your look up and away from the center of your face. Personally, I add a bit of a highlighter to the inner corner of my eyes to brighten them up if I'm going with a darker look. Also, with eyeliner, you may either want to just put a peach color on your lash line OR put a little bit of a darker shade in the outer corner of your lash line. I like to use a smudge brush and lightly smudge it into the little bit of eye shadow I have under my eye.

As for the actual shade, some colors compliment some skin tones differently than others. If it's easier for you, I'd love to see a photo of your eyes to help you out some more if none of this was helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.
    Likes cascadeco, theforsaken, OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

@ayoitsStepho I will PM you in a minute~

#yaaaaassss
    Likes ayoitsStepho liked this post

was here Array that's not my name's Avatar
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so
    Socionics
    iei Ni

Kind of like Jennifer Lawrence? Her eyes could be called thin almonds. Maybe almond eyes can be found in many NF and ST types, then? But then, I kinda got in trouble by insinuating that facial features could correlate to a personality type, so maybe I'm wrong..
    Yeah but my eyelids are very visible so that it naturally looks darker anyway so that's why it works I guess. I think more than facial features, certain types are more prone to certain expressions which make us think of their features in a certain way.
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Kind of like Jennifer Lawrence? Her eyes could be called thin almonds. Maybe almond eyes can be found in many NF and ST types, then? But then, I kinda got in trouble by insinuating that facial features could correlate to a personality type, so maybe I'm wrong..
    Not sure how eye shape would correlate with type when people can look just like relatives who have nothing in common type-wise. Resting facial expression and range of facial expressiveness are easier to connect to type.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not sure how eye shape would correlate with type when people can look just like relatives who have nothing in common type-wise. Resting facial expression and range of facial expressiveness are easier to connect to type.
    I'm being dumb, forgive me. ;p Resting facial expressions actually sound more like what I was thinking of before, thank you for the clarification.

#yaaaaassss

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Finally someone who loves Korean Skin care as much as me. I love me some CosRX, and they're cruelty free
    I'm going to probably post my shopping list for final approval from you and @OrangeAppled before I commit. There's so much shit to buy, dude. Apparently you have to do double face cleaning?

The website says that you're supposed to introduce them gradually. How long did it take you guys to incorporate everything into your routine? Did you deal with breakouts or anything when you started?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Unrelated, but has anyone ever used Latisse or a similar product? I have short eyelashes and have been considering doing something like that instead of eyelash extensions. I've seen extensions a couple of times irl and they always look really trashy. Maybe the girls I've seen just have really cheap ones, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I'm going to probably post my shopping list for final approval from you and @OrangeAppled before I commit. There's so much shit to buy, dude. Apparently you have to do double face cleaning?

The website says that you're supposed to introduce them gradually. How long did it take you guys to incorporate everything into your routine? Did you deal with breakouts or anything when you started?
    Even though I'm not prone, I try one thing at a time, just to be sure nothing reacts. Currently my most vexing issue is that the gel moisturizer I really like for night time is flaking. I haven't switched from summer stuff to fall/winter yet but maybe that's a hint.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Even though I'm not prone, I try one thing at a time, just to be sure nothing reacts. Currently my most vexing issue is that the gel moisturizer I really like for night time is flaking. I haven't switched from summer stuff to fall/winter yet but maybe that's a hint.
    What are you using? I have combination skin so it's kind of day by day as to what's going to work well vs ruin my face. :/

The last time I really invested in skincare products I spent ~$275 for an Arcona Basic 5 set. They recommended the one for oily skin, rather than combination skin kit (I didn't know I was combination at that point) so it was great at first, but just did more harm than good over time. I've gone super back to basics and have used cetaphil wash and moisturizer, benzoyl peroxide spot treatment and a honey mask every other day for about 2 years now. My skins not bad but I'm ready to upgrade some.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    What are you using? I have combination skin so it's kind of day by day as to what's going to work well vs ruin my face. :/

The last time I really invested in skincare products I spent ~$275 for an Arcona Basic 5 set. They recommended the one for oily skin, rather than combination skin kit (I didn't know I was combination at that point) so it was great at first, but just did more harm than good over time. I've gone super back to basics and have used cetaphil wash and moisturizer, benzoyl peroxide spot treatment and a honey mask every other day for about 2 years now. My skins not bad but I'm ready to upgrade some.
    Philosophy's Take A Deep Breath Oil-Free Oxygenating Gel Cream. I don't have oily skin but in summer it's more combination. I like it a lot with eye cream for night time. I just can't figure out why the flakes after several months and it's a newer jar.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.