User Tag List

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Yeah, I love how long that Biore cleanser can last. I actually save twist-tops from other products to use on the pump bottles when the pumps can't pull out any more product. I'd get an extra few days to a week out of the Biore cleanser that way.

Whatever facial moisturizers/wrinkle creams you use on your face, are fine to use around the eyes, but ones with chemical sunscreens (vs mineral) have a tendency to sting, a bit, IME.

Btw - the daytime face lotion... which one do you use? Most of Neutrogena's anti-aging daytime moisturizers contain some sort of vitamin A derivative (usually retinyl palmitate), which, if used during the day, can increase photosensitivity, despite being an antioxidant & acne fighter. My derm mentioned at my last appointment that she's hesitant to suggest those products to people, as prescription retinoids are indicated for night-only use due to the photosensitizing effect, so logic follows that OTC vitamin A derivatives could likely have a similar effect, over time.

The Neutrogena Healthy Defense line is good for daytime facial lotions that won't break you out, though.
    http://www.neutrogena.com/category/m...se-.do?nType=3

The "sensitive skin" one is a mineral-based vs chemical based sunscreen, which is a lot easier to use around the eyes. I got a few friends (& the s/o) on that one; they like it quite a bit. Takes a little blending, though, to avoid the white cast zinc oxide can create.

I use a tinted sunscreen from EltaMD (have to order online, it seems pricey, but you get 3 oz & it'll last you a good 6 months. It comes out to about the same as 2-3 tubes of the drugstore stuff, cost & quantity-wise. They have some untinted sunscreens that are probably great, too. You do need a moisturizer underneath most of these, though, even if it's just that C&C lightweight gel moisturizer.

Effective Sun Protection from EltaMD

I'll stop rambling, here. Hope this helps!

I've been using the neutrogena one pictured + a powdered sunscreen... though, I work the night shift, and the few times I am in the sun I protect myself pretty well (frequent use of umbrellas and my straw hat) so I'm rarely in the sun long enough to burn.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senior Member Array Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

this thing is a true gem. a little bit goes a long way before you start to look scary, but it's good for filling in spots that look sparse and just giving your eyebrows a bit more color in general.
    Perfect Brow Pencil - Anastasia Beverly Hills | Sephora

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Goat's milk soap is the gospel truth.
    Don't question me on it, just buy it and try it, and your skin will thank me.

#yaaaaassss

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    638 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Goat's milk soap is the gospel truth.
    Don't question me on it, just buy it and try it, and your skin will thank me.
    My mom is obsessed with that stuff, and it's really good for me because my skin is so sensitive. I don't get any rashes or headaches after I started using it.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    My mom is obsessed with that stuff, and it's really good for me because my skin is so sensitive. I don't get any rashes or headaches after I started using it.
    Mmhm.
    It keeps my skin buttery soft and glowing, and doesn't dry me out like 99% of other soaps out there. It has a calm, unique scent to it that I love.
    I'm so sorry that you have sensitive skin! Goat's milk is super good for that too; I know the brand 'Canus' has a sensitive version one if you need that extra insurance.

#yaaaaassss
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The flea market has had those spray-on-lotion bottles lately for cheap.. and omgggg I use lotion SO much more often on my skin when I can just spray it on quickly and go. I usually slather on a handful of vaseline brand men's lotion because of the quick absorption after a shower, but them sprays.. <3 <3
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I love my Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette.

#yaaaaassss
    Likes ayoitsStepho liked this post

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

So I am all about Korean skincare and makeup now.

I especially love Etude for makeup, which I raided when I was in South Korea because the store was just , and I like CosRX for skincare. CosRX makes really great beta and alpha hydroxy products that are alcohol free & good for treating acne or blemishes (ie discoloration). I am only use benzoyl peroxide lightly at night here & there to keep my skin clear now. The face washes are very gentle but get your makeup off too. You pretty much cannot go wrong with any moisturizer; for drugstore prices you get high quality ingredients, and none ever seem to clog my pores but leave me glowy and smooth. Lots of stuff has niaminicide in it too, which is an anti-inflammatory and also helps fade discoloration (it may be billed as skin whitening/brightening, but it means "evening out skin tone").

With most Korean brands, the lightest foundations work really well for me. Here in the US, light foundations are either too pink/flat beige if a neutral shade or look orange on me even when they claim to be yellow base. I have VERY strong olive undertones, yet am quite fair, and people assume olive = tanned. My hairdresser has noted how I have no pink tone in my skin, yet, I need to cover some surface redness from acne treatments and mild hyper-pigmentation. So sure, I can use green color corrector if in a pinch, but these foundation colors for pale Korean women are just perfect!

Something about the formulas wear better on m oily, large pored skin too. I love the cushion pacts (short for compacts), as it makes foundation fast and easy to apply, and you get good coverage without a lot of product.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

With most Korean brands, the lightest foundations work really well for me. Here in the US, light foundations are either too pink/flat beige if a neutral shade or look orange on me even when they claim to be yellow base. I have VERY strong olive undertones, yet am quite fair, and people assume olive = tanned. My hairdresser has noted how I have no pink tone in my skin, yet, I need to cover some surface redness from acne treatments and mild hyper-pigmentation. So sure, I can use green color corrector if in a pinch, but these foundation colors for pale Korean women are just perfect!
    How annoying is it that people always assume olive skin = tanned skin or golden undertones? It's a neutral skintone that has green in it, it appears ashy at times. I also struggle to find an appropriate shade for my olive skin tone, I always have to tell the make up artists what shade fits best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I use Chantecaille future skin, they're both gel type formulas that are super lightweight but have buildable coverage.
    Thank you so much for recommending this foundation! I can't stop gushing about it to other people (and Mecca MUAs). Best foundation by far!
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    Thank you so much for recommending this foundation! I can't stop gushing about it to other people (and Mecca MUAs). Best foundation by far!
    You are so welcome!!! it's my holy grail foundation and one of the only ones that actually MATCHES my skin

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Likes Raffaella liked this post