User Tag List

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    I know you've said extensions are out of the running for you, but my girlfriends who switched to extensions from applying falsies everyday haven't stopped raving about how much they/their wallets love them.

Personally, I like the Huda Beauty lashes from Sephora. They are $20-30, gorgeous, and can be worn up to 15 times. I'm always nervous about using something on my eyes more than once, but I can get about 5 good uses out of them before they start to look a little worn. That said, I certainly don't wear falsies everyday so I can splurge on them. Less expensive falsies are not going to last as long, and may be more expensive in the long run.
    I agree but there is a good brand that you can learn on.

Has everything you need, inexpensive and available anywhere. I like the partial Urban Decay Instalush - they seem to work better than whole lashes on my eyes. I wear them a couple times a week but I'd say 10 uses or so.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Gamine liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The beauty routine I've been using in it's entirety over the past year.

I doooo have an occasional witch hazel or burt's bees toner in my car for when I am really sweaty and just clearing my face until I get home.. And I am still going strong on using those waffled microfiber cloths for exfoliation on my face... But 99% of the time this is what I am using.

products.jpg

I have Lexicon to thank for almost all of it. :3

The face wash is fairly non irritating for Retin-A treated skin, and does make me feel pretty clean after use. Even though science is saying you're not suppose to scrub all of the oil off of your face, this cleanser helps remove a whooole lot of it, which I really need.

I don't use a toner on a daily basis.. just when I'm working out elsewhere and unable to wash my face in plain water right then and there.

I use the Wal-mart brand neutrogena Retin-A SPF cream during the day, and I mix about a dab of the Retin-A pump and the moisturizing gel together at night.

The masque is really my saving grace.. whenever I fail to wash my face that night, or need to give my skin a night's break from the Retin-A pump, I use this masque. It works as a spot treatment overnight, or a very thin layer will (mostly) blend in with my skin during the day.. at least enough that it doesn't call anymore attention to the break out than the breakout itself would. During TTOTM it helps calm all the inflammation that tends to occur, and it is the only thing that has helped me successfully stop picking and poking at my face when something really angry or painful appears because I trust in it actually working. It helps my face look less red too when I treat the whole thing.

Other things not featured: a dry sunscreen that I brush on my face during the day. I should put on an eye cream at night or something, but I have been a bit lazy in finding one. I use to use this eye-brightening cooling stick thing from some walmart brand for a while that I really liked, but haven't seen it lately. I think it's discontinued.

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes theforsaken liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Touch of Silver by Provoke is not a dye yet it puts ultra violet into my hair. It gives my hair a glamorous and distinctive look.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube
    Likes chickpea, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Does anyone have mascara recommendations for people with sensitive eyes (if that's a thing)? I've been using Maybelline Great Lash but it makes my eyes itch/water.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Does anyone have mascara recommendations for people with sensitive eyes (if that's a thing)? I've been using Maybelline Great Lash but it makes my eyes itch/water.
    @_@ everything makes my eyes itch and water... I just use some irritation-relieving eye drops before I apply and let my eyes cry it out a bit while my moisturizer is sinking into my skin anyways. It is still irritating because I don't wear it daily or anything and my eyes hate change apparently.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Almay One-coat Nourishing Lengthening Mascara is hypoallergenic. My ESFP friend swears by it (she gets dry eyes, watery eyes, just generally tempermental eyes). It has a nice, natural look to it.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100 % Natural Lash Boosting Mascara is what I use, often. It's marketed as hypoallergenic. It takes a while to dry, so you have to look out for smudges. It's not waterproof, so f your eyes water, I've found it can create some irritation if it leaks into your eye, unfortunately. May still be worth a try. The Almay one doesn't do this, my friend said. I plan to try it, soon.

Hope this helps!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Found a pretty great/cheap/effective antiperspirant that has no excess fragrance, bells/whistles. I hate that 'baby powder shower fresh mystery mountain breeze floral sunshine shit' additive in all of them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Almay-Cle...25-oz/10451094

Seems to work just as well as the expensive "clinical strength" antiperspirants, as far as maintaining dryness/preventing odor.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The beauty routine I've been using in it's entirety over the past year.

I doooo have an occasional witch hazel or burt's bees toner in my car for when I am really sweaty and just clearing my face until I get home.. And I am still going strong on using those waffled microfiber cloths for exfoliation on my face... But 99% of the time this is what I am using.

products.jpg

I have Lexicon to thank for almost all of it. :3

The face wash is fairly non irritating for Retin-A treated skin, and does make me feel pretty clean after use. Even though science is saying you're not suppose to scrub all of the oil off of your face, this cleanser helps remove a whooole lot of it, which I really need.

I don't use a toner on a daily basis.. just when I'm working out elsewhere and unable to wash my face in plain water right then and there.

I use the Wal-mart brand neutrogena Retin-A SPF cream during the day, and I mix about a dab of the Retin-A pump and the moisturizing gel together at night.

The masque is really my saving grace.. whenever I fail to wash my face that night, or need to give my skin a night's break from the Retin-A pump, I use this masque. It works as a spot treatment overnight, or a very thin layer will (mostly) blend in with my skin during the day.. at least enough that it doesn't call anymore attention to the break out than the breakout itself would. During TTOTM it helps calm all the inflammation that tends to occur, and it is the only thing that has helped me successfully stop picking and poking at my face when something really angry or painful appears because I trust in it actually working. It helps my face look less red too when I treat the whole thing.

Other things not featured: a dry sunscreen that I brush on my face during the day. I should put on an eye cream at night or something, but I have been a bit lazy in finding one. I use to use this eye-brightening cooling stick thing from some walmart brand for a while that I really liked, but haven't seen it lately. I think it's discontinued.

I'm really glad that cleanser worked for you! I love it.
    Or I guess I should say, loved it. Pretty sure Biore's discontinuing it, but you can still find it on Walmart's site & Amazon. I don't think it'll go bad if you store it in a cool, dark place.

I've tried a couple others in the meantime that seem okay. All of the other Biore cleansers are shit - they contain gimmicky, useless ingredients, & clogging waxes & irritating menthol (customers associate the tingling/tightness with cleanliness, unfortunately).

My friend's mom passed this one along to me - not sure why she disliked it. Might have been the texture. It comes out like an airy, lightweight foam that doesn't actually feel like you've put much of anything on your face.. but it's been able to wash off my makeup/water-resistant sunscreen easily. Doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry.

Clean & Clear's Daily Pore Cleanser is remarkably similar to the Biore Combo Skin cleanser, in ingredients/effectiveness, though the texture's a bit different. I've used it whenever I can't find the Biore one. The C&C site usually has printable $1-$2 off coupons, as well. Like the Biore line, Clean & Clear's other cleansers are all gimmick, minimal efficacy, so I wouldn't bother with the others.

Last thing - According to my dermatologist, you don't need a specific "eye cream" unless your nightly anti-wrinkle cream for your whole face is too irritating to use around your eyes. Sometimes it can cause a burning sensation, due to the tissue being more delicate, but it does go away with consistent use. Eye creams just have less active ingredient in it, so the irritation phase is lessened. I feel like eye creams are a waste of money, honestly.

Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'm really glad that cleanser worked for you! I love it.
    Or I guess I should say, loved it. Pretty sure Biore's discontinuing it, but you can still find it on Walmart's site & Amazon. I don't think it'll go bad if you store it in a cool, dark place.

I've tried a couple others in the meantime that seem okay. All of the other Biore cleansers are shit - they contain gimmicky, useless ingredients, & clogging waxes & irritating menthol (customers associate the tingling/tightness with cleanliness, unfortunately).

My friend's mom passed this one along to me - not sure why she disliked it. Might have been the texture. It comes out like an airy, lightweight foam that doesn't actually feel like you've put much of anything on your face.. but it's been able to wash off my makeup/water-resistant sunscreen easily. Doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry.

Clean & Clear's Daily Pore Cleanser is remarkably similar to the Biore Combo Skin cleanser, in ingredients/effectiveness, though the texture's a bit different. I've used it whenever I can't find the Biore one. The C&C site usually has printable $1-$2 off coupons, as well. Like the Biore line, Clean & Clear's other cleansers are all gimmick, minimal efficacy, so I wouldn't bother with the others.

Last thing - According to my dermatologist, you don't need a specific "eye cream" unless your nightly anti-wrinkle cream for your whole face is too irritating to use around your eyes. Sometimes it can cause a burning sensation, due to the tissue being more delicate, but it does go away with consistent use. Eye creams just have less active ingredient in it, so the irritation phase is lessened. I feel like eye creams are a waste of money, honestly.
    Thanks so much for the alternatives! I noticed them not being stocked on the shelves anymore, I ordered these two I got from online... Perhaps I should order more.. >.> .. I'll probably try the C&C one next, but these pumps have lasted me a long time.. so buying about 4 more ought to give me a year.

I dunno if I have a particular anti-wrinkle cream.. except that I use the retin-a pump. I use the neutrogena face lotion during the day, maybe I ought just use that?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Thanks so much for the alternatives! I noticed them not being stocked on the shelves anymore, I ordered these two I got from online... Perhaps I should order more.. >.> .. I'll probably try the C&C one next, but these pumps have lasted me a long time.. so buying about 4 more ought to give me a year.

I dunno if I have a particular anti-wrinkle cream.. except that I use the retin-a pump. I use the neutrogena face lotion during the day, maybe I ought just use that?

Yeah, I love how long that Biore cleanser can last. I actually save twist-tops from other products to use on the pump bottles when the pumps can't pull out any more product. I'd get an extra few days to a week out of the Biore cleanser that way.

Whatever facial moisturizers/wrinkle creams you use on your face, are fine to use around the eyes, but ones with chemical sunscreens (vs mineral) have a tendency to sting, a bit, IME.

Btw - the daytime face lotion... which one do you use? Most of Neutrogena's anti-aging daytime moisturizers contain some sort of vitamin A derivative (usually retinyl palmitate), which, if used during the day, can increase photosensitivity, despite being an antioxidant & acne fighter. My derm mentioned at my last appointment that she's hesitant to suggest those products to people, as prescription retinoids are indicated for night-only use due to the photosensitizing effect, so logic follows that OTC vitamin A derivatives could likely have a similar effect, over time.

The Neutrogena Healthy Defense line is good for daytime facial lotions that won't break you out, though.
    http://www.neutrogena.com/category/m...se-.do?nType=3

The "sensitive skin" one is a mineral-based vs chemical based sunscreen, which is a lot easier to use around the eyes. I got a few friends (& the s/o) on that one; they like it quite a bit. Takes a little blending, though, to avoid the white cast zinc oxide can create.

I use a tinted sunscreen from EltaMD (have to order online, it seems pricey, but you get 3 oz & it'll last you a good 6 months. It comes out to about the same as 2-3 tubes of the drugstore stuff, cost & quantity-wise. They have some untinted sunscreens that are probably great, too. You do need a moisturizer underneath most of these, though, even if it's just that C&C lightweight gel moisturizer.

Effective Sun Protection from EltaMD

I'll stop rambling, here. Hope this helps!