Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Is it possible it's too dark? What I would do is mix powder foundation with the bronzer and see if that looks any better.

I really like this bronzer - NYX When A Leopard Gets A Tan:

It's crazy cheap and it's shiny and pretty and golden.
    I think it probably is too dark and has too red of a tint. Ugh, of course I bought the worst possible bronzer. I'll mix it with foundation next time and see if that makes it better. Thanks!
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

Bizarre Love Triangle Array Puffypolma's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My favorite foundation is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. It gives me pretty nice coverage without feeling too heavy.

Favorite eyeshadow palette would be Too Faced Chocolate Bar. Smells nice and looks gorgeous

Loving Colorpop's lip products recently since they are pretty affordable
    I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post

mixed with apple cider vinegar and turmeric. i actually see a difference which is rare.

i ordered some cheap knockoff face brush off groupon that i'm hoping works well.
    I bought this and apple cider vinegar too!

Haven't tried it yet and hope it work.
    I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Anyone using Retin-A cream - if you're having a lot of burning/irritation/peeling while you adjust to it, or increase dosage strength - this cream is surprisingly helpful. The fact that it's a hand cream gave me pause, as they're typically too rich (comedogenic, to be specific) to use on the face, but, I haven't had any issues like that, so far. My skin's fairly acne-prone, so the ingredients like shea butter & jojoba made me hesitant, but I gave it a try anyway (applied sparingly on top of my Retin-A & 2-3 pumps of my Cerave PM lotion at bedtime). Glad I did.

The 2% colloidal oatmeal works like a dream to calm redness, & the dimethicone holds in moisture without being too occlusive.* I use it in my neck, as well, since that skin is even more sensitive to the side effects of retinoids.

The 3oz tube will last you quite awhile- probably 6 months, at least. It's about 5 bucks.

*While this helps calm things down a lot, I think some degree of irritation during the adjustment phase is unavoidable, when it comes to retinoids. This cream just makes that period far more tolerable, ime. Gentle exfoliation in the mornings helps with some of the peeling, too.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I need a new everyday foundation for work. My skin used to respond to YSL Le teint touche eclat but for some reason, not anymore (maybe I just need a new bottle?).

What's the best lightweight foundation for oily skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Puffypolma View Post
    My favorite foundation is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation. It gives me pretty nice coverage without feeling too heavy.
    You must have amazing skin because I've noticed that people with great skin always rave about this foundation. My sister's glows beautifully when she wears it, I'm in complete awe. She's told me to try it but it didn't do much for me.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    I need a new everyday foundation for work. My skin used to respond to YSL Le teint touche eclat but for some reason, not anymore (maybe I just need a new bottle?).

What's the best lightweight foundation for oily skin?
    I use Mac's Studio Waterweight foundation or Chantecaille future skin, they're both gel type formulas that are super lightweight but have buildable coverage.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I wanna recommend Maybelline Matte lipstick in the shade Clay Crush. That lipstick is absolute my drugstore lipstick favorite.

tumblr_inline_nq1rp5fezW1sb17hi_400.jpg
    -River Phoenix
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

Does anyone use falsies? If so tell me everything I need to know. I want to wear falsies all day every day, that won't cost me an arm and a leg, and I don't really want extensions. Sephora has a few options but I don't know where to start and whether or not they're a one time use?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Does anyone use falsies? If so tell me everything I need to know. I want to wear falsies all day every day, that won't cost me an arm and a leg, and I don't really want extensions. Sephora has a few options but I don't know where to start and whether or not they're a one time use?
    I know you've said extensions are out of the running for you, but my girlfriends who switched to extensions from applying falsies everyday haven't stopped raving about how much they/their wallets love them.

Personally, I like the Huda Beauty lashes from Sephora. They are $20-30, gorgeous, and can be worn up to 15 times. I'm always nervous about using something on my eyes more than once, but I can get about 5 good uses out of them before they start to look a little worn. That said, I certainly don't wear falsies everyday so I can splurge on them. Less expensive falsies are not going to last as long, and may be more expensive in the long run.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

St Tropez in shower self tanner. This magical potion is Gamine-proof, and I am both pale af (with olive/green undertones) and a total klutz. I haven't managed to make myself orange, streaky, stinky or itchy. AAAAAnnnnnddd people have stopped asking me why I look so tired/sick.

I'm generally lazy and don't want to wear foundation/blush/bronzer (I like to go to the gym in the morning, and then go for a run on my lunch break so applying/removing/applying makeup would take up precious break time) so this is my three-minute miracle to looking put-together.

It's expensive, but a little goes a long way.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski