User Tag List

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post

Eyelash curler is a brilliant device

I bought recently Maybelline, Fit Me Anti - Shine Free Foundation and it was a while since I was that contented with cosmetic. I rarely use foundation because I don't like to feel that I have something on my face. I don't feel this one , it covers well enough flaws and is in touch the same as skin.

I think it's light-medium coverage so maybe it can be disadvantage to some, but it serves me perfectly. And it's very handy, you can have it in handbag during having nasty cold or after sleepless night

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes Codex liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

So I have been having a really hard time finding a natural mascara that works for me. I cracked and started using normal mascara again, until I find a natural alternative that is just as good.
    When I cracked I decided to stick to cruelty free brands-- it's the least I can hold on to.

So that brings me to Essence.
    I absolutely love (LOVE) their mascara.
    I have tried these two and I have been extremely impressed by both of them. I mean, these are in the holy-grail category for me.
    Let's not forget they're practically 3-4 dollars each.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

FINALLY found a foundation that is not only the right shade (pale and pink undertone) but sheer to medium coverage. It's pricey, but soooo worth it.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Initial impression: The "all natural no make up" picture literally features a girl with a ton of photoshop and make up.

Half of them are stating they don't want a ton of make up or minimal make up while featuring girls plastered in it but they can't seem to tell they're caked in make up because it looks good and subtle? The other half are saying they want the crazy looks like smokey eyes, red lips, or bold colors. The make up looks good, and the girls look pretty, but minimal make up is more like what a girl proficient at make up does in 5 minutes when she's running late, or a girl that only does the eyes, or the lips... it has nothing to do with how much color or the style being used. There are 'natural looks' but those still require just as much make up and application as more obvious styles.. just different shades (matching the skin color and such, contouring to make the skin look smoother and not focus on color). Other than that, the ones stated are pretty classic staples, and a pretty wide approach.

Tldr: The article says, "Men like all different types of styles of make up that women wear."
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Men all think they like natural no makeup/little makeup look...but what they actually don't know is that that look takes some work!

I like the no-makeup look myself but I'm in a Morticia Addams phase so ya know, not exactly in it for the boys.

LOVE the Nasty Gal X MAC collection:
    Likes Alaska liked this post

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Men all think they like natural no makeup/little makeup look...but what they actually don't know is that that look takes some work!

I like the no-makeup look myself but I'm in a Morticia Addams phase so ya know, not exactly in it for the boys.

LOVE the Nasty Gal X MAC collection:
    I have all of those! They're so well wearing!

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I have all of those! They're so well wearing!
    The purple is ridiculously flattering.

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    FINALLY found a foundation that is not only the right shade (pale and pink undertone) but sheer to medium coverage. It's pricey, but soooo worth it.
    Yes!

I've always found it easy to match my skin tone with Chantecaille. They do pale skin tones really well. I regularly use a powder by them in Shell. I tried using their tinted moisturiser for a while, but didn't like the coverage and soon switched back to the NARS one in Finland.

Also, I'm guessing you're buying from Mecca ('cause Straya). Have you tried their suncreen range? It's so hard to find a good suncreen for your face with high SPF that doesn't feel greasy. This one is perfect. Up there with Korean and Japanese products and worth even purchasing from overseas, imo.

On the topic of sun protection, I've been using the SunSmart app every day to check UV levels. I'm not letting myself get a nasty t-shirt sunburn like I did last summer. I had a close call last week. Not cute.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I like dark lips...within reason, the darker the better...and will be drawn to something bold around the eyes.

But I guess, like a lot of other men, I like the idea of a woman who feels comfortable enough in her own skin not to smother it with makeup. When you wake up at 5am with a leg over your balls the mascara will have worn off. But maybe I'm ignorant.