User Tag List

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by allosaurus View Post
    Hi guys, thank you for the advice. I'm 24, so I should probably chill a bit about anti-aging or I'll start looking underage here. I use a vitamin A cream which I think works, but genetics are also a wonderful thing too.

On a side note, I just got my first Birch Box! I haven't opened it yet but I'm EXCITED. Anyone subscribe to any of this stuff? What are your guys' favorites?
    I got it for some time but I stopped about a year ago. Two things - WEI Chinese Licorice Anti Aging CC Cream and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. Honey is my favorite color but I use them all. Those products were the best of the best.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Picked up this finely ground loose powder by e.l.f. Never tried their stuff before.

Has silicones in it - seems to retain moisture effectively. Lot of other powders can exacerbate the flaky phase my skin's going through with tretinoin cream. I don't use the puff it came with, I use a bare minerals kabuki brush instead.

INTP friend turned me on to an alcohol free witch hazel (same as I've been using) with rose water added to it. It seems to calm my skin down pretty well. Has a crisp, light scent; normally I can't stand floral smells.

ingredients: purified water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, fragrance (natural rose), hamamelis virginiana extract, rosa centifola flower water, citric acid, citrus frandis seed extract.

Dunno if I posted this before, but I've recently been using an avocado oil/colloidal oatmeal clay mask once or twice a week before showers. Liking it a lot.

@kyuuei - regarding skin dryness/sensitivity from the adjustment phase of tretinoin, I've found that the Monistat chafe relief powder gel a lot of people use for a primer works really well as a skin protectant/soother for tretinoin irritation. I just apply all my usual moisturizers, and put a small amt, like, dime sized or less, of the chafe gel on my face to top everything off, and I peel/dry out a lot less frequently. I got a skin protectant lotion from the hospital once with the same % dimethicone in it as the chafe gel- that's where I got the idea. It's never clogged my pores or broken me out. Might be worth a try.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@Lexicon (instead of quoting everything XD)

The chafing gel sounds like a good way to go, I'm going to definitely pick that up and give it a try.. I was trying to experiment with the idea of a moisturizing mask before showers as well.. maybe something I can just put on for 5-10 minutes and wash off. The mask I have I am in love with for helping my skin from flaring up, but it can be a little harsh if my face is actively peeling. What I've noticed with the vit. A script cream is that my skin cycles from it and tends to get really irritated, then it backs off and is fine.. then flares up again. Today when I put it on nothing--no irritation, no itching, no redness, it was great. so I think some more moisture might help.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Dope& diamonds. Array Dyslexxie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I got it for some time but I stopped about a year ago. Two things - WEI Chinese Licorice Anti Aging CC Cream and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. Honey is my favorite color but I use them all. Those products were the best of the best.
    I <3 Fresh Sugar!

Check out what I got from Birchbox and the Beauty Box:
    0b218f74-bdfc-4739-8116-497b03065ca2.jpgfdbe61d8-0039-4a09-9adf-257085a023fc.jpg73c5ff6c-9c7a-47c7-94e0-e5843ce0e2a9.jpg
    There are a few lip sticks/stains and cheek stains in some ridic colors so I'm pretty excited. I was expecting more pizzazz but I'll give this a solid 3 months before I decide.

Spreadsheet Samurai Array Alaska's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Other people say that they like how I style myself, but I don't actually have much to offer here.

Mascara: black, cheap

Eyeshadow: brown, cheap

Lips: not as cheap -

This is the only category where I prefer a specific product. For other beauty things, I try variants out more randomly.

Skin: Luck - my sisters have had very bad breakout problems, but I've never had any. A skin routine beyond the minimum of sometimes the same soap as the rest of my body/sometimes just water never had the chance to really occur to me. This is something I'm very grateful for. My skin has some dry and some oily tendencies, but is mostly just neutral.

Hair: Buzz errrrthing. Apparently my hair is in the crew cut family (didn't know that until just now - thank you, Google). I control it with a squeeze of wax most days. I guess I can tell you a lot about short haircuts, having gone through about all of them in the process of getting older and less self-conscious about my preferences. There isn't any drama lost with removing hair - if you don't have much, it all shifts into your head shape, your face, your facial expressions. If you have shapes in those places that you like, this is one way to play with them. Like, I have a long neck and a prominent nose.

Both: Whenever I run into a product that works as combined body wash and shampoo, I buy the most massive available bottle of it.

Aging: Let it show, make a fun game of finding aesthetic ways to play it up.

"Play" is a word I'll use a lot when talking about appearance.
    4w5 6w7 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Nijntje liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    @Lexicon (instead of quoting everything XD)

The chafing gel sounds like a good way to go, I'm going to definitely pick that up and give it a try.. I was trying to experiment with the idea of a moisturizing mask before showers as well.. maybe something I can just put on for 5-10 minutes and wash off. The mask I have I am in love with for helping my skin from flaring up, but it can be a little harsh if my face is actively peeling. What I've noticed with the vit. A script cream is that my skin cycles from it and tends to get really irritated, then it backs off and is fine.. then flares up again. Today when I put it on nothing--no irritation, no itching, no redness, it was great. so I think some more moisture might help.
    I've never tried a moisturizing mask, let me know how that works out and what you used, if you do try it.

Do you wait the 20-30 minutes after washing your face/showering to apply the tretinoin? I only just realized like a year ago that it's listed on the package insert instructions for it. Helps reduce irritation. So far, doing that has lessened the burning/peeling quite a bit. Also switching to a fattier night cream has helped, a bunch. I use the CeraVe PM Lotion. CVS has a generic of it, too.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Lexicon

Updates from earlier:

1) I think I found a lotion that works! Didn't end up trying CeraVe, but tried Eucerin and liked it a LOT more than Cetaphil. Fingers crossed that it continues to work this winter.

2) I love that sugar/charcoal facial mask. Been using it once a week and my skin feels SO nice afterwards. <3 Thank you for the recommendation!
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Be Concerned - TØP Array themightyfetus's Avatar

I don't know, I have some cheap ass makeup I got from drug stores, because I'm basically broke. It's not the best. And because I'm a lazy, attractively-impaired bum, I just splash water on my face twice a day.
    I don't mean to pry, but why would you even make the eyes?

6w7-2w3-9w1

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

My fav thing is loofah in the shower.

Green clay masks twice weekly (tho I need to get some clay)

and eo infusions with seed oils slathered several times per day.

edit: and i may reconsider and wear eyeliner and mascara again.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I've been using the Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner. I do like it because it comes out pretty "Ungh", but my second one seems to have dried up quickly/ the tip has gotten fuzzies over a short time, which make a nice line difficult.

I'm not big on lipsticks because I have small lips and don't want to smear the ESFP lol, but I'm a bit obsessed lately.
    Recently bought Nyx Sweet Pink, and just ordered Nyx Copenhagen and Nyx Violet from their cybermonday sale.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance