• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

G

Glycerine

[MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION]:

Ohhhh, I ordered some sugar pill... I will report back when I get it!

[MENTION=9602]YWIR[/MENTION]: It's not for everyday but the bright yellow could be used as some of accent or if you wanted to go for the dramatic look. I guess if you used too much, you might end looking like a cheap hooker.

Odyne

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Does anyone recommend a good facial moisturizer? I tried Neutrogena, but it felt really heavy on my skins and my face started breaking out.

this is the one I used which I DONT like and DONT recommend.
neutrogena-oil-free-facial-moisturizer-0-lrg.png

If you have any other favorite face care products, please suggest away.

rav3n

Does anyone recommend a good facial moisturizer? I tried Neutrogena, but it felt really heavy on my skins and my face started breaking out.

What type of skin do you have? Also, how sensitive?

rav3n

Normal to slightly oily around the nose.
Since there's no dramatic T-zone difference, there's a moisturiser called Gorgeous by Lush. It advertises as being good for all skin types but if there's a dramatic difference in skin zones, I'd recommend two different moisturisers for each zone.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to stick with products I like rather than waste money/time experimenting and clowning around looking like a clown. :p

Imagine you were a creeper watching me through a window shower with your binoculars. Here's what you'd find:

Face:
3750ea_LG__75773_std.JPG

889_l.jpg

Hair:
Gliss_Shampoo_Gold_Shine_Blond_GSHBL_logo.jpg

Lol, I remember using this when I was 14 years old in Germany, and it makes my hair so glowy. Way better than that Sheer Blonde crap. So now I order it online. :p

Alba-Botanica-Hair-Conditioner-Gardenia-Hydrating-724742008567.jpg

My trademark hair smell. IF you see a random spazzy blonde, sniff her head. If it smells like this, it's me.

100percentpurecarrotfacialscrub.jpg

My body wash. It's supposed to be for the face, but whatever. It has carrot and tomato in it. I'M BATHING IN A SALAD.

irish_spring.jpg

For the netherlands and pittsburgh of my body.

bbees.jpg

Facial moisturizer, with the spf...

P40404_hero.jpg

Mascara

300eep_xl.jpg

Eyeliner

40764227_carmex_lip_balm.jpg

I fuckin love the smell of this stuff.

Oh ya, deoderant. lmao

speedstick.jpg

Now you can be sexy like me. :mwah:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting...you guys wear a lot of makeup. I can't remember the last time I wore eyeshadow, except when I was 12 and went through a blue eyeshadow phase. Prior to that, I was obsessed with liquid, sparkly purple eyeshadow. And when I was 14, I had a weird thing about putting these star things on my eyes. Like this, except not so many, and they were gold.

16141small_4th_eye.jpg

(This isn't me, btw.)

But you guys make makeup so complicated. :blink:

I LOVE noxema. I was just thinking to myself that I need to buy some more. Seriously. That stuff is godlike. I like to splash ice cold water on my face in the winter, lather on the noxema, and rinse with more ice cold water. It makes me feel like one with my ice cube nature.

OUCH. I know what product you're talking about. Can you say migraine.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!

it's the spf that makes it feel heavy.
a product with less spf will feel lighter.

my all time favourite facial sunblock is
from laroche posay and you
can get it at most walgreens/drugstores.

i use this ontop of my more expensive
moisturizers (i use the melt-in milk: pictured)
and i've been using this consistently
for the past year and a half? two years?

the price isn't bad, $35.50 for the milk (normal/oily skin)
and $28.90 for the lotion (normal/dry skin)
one tube lasts me a little over a year.
and where i live, the sun is always
always shining.

if it's damn hot outside and i feel like
i'm melting, i can wear just the milk
alone with out moisturizer, but if you
have drier skin (especially cheeks)
you might want to go for the lotion.
(though i found a great moisturizer
i can wear throughout the year, so i just
apply the milk on top after i moisturize)

the first few seconds on your skin it
may seem a bit greasy, but it's because
of the spreadibility of the product. you
only need a little bit. after a min it just
'melts in' to your skin, high absorbency
and very light to wear. this is the key
selling point for me. it doesn't feel
sunscreeny or greasy. very nice naked
face feel.

233C.jpg

if you're looking for kinda all in one
(without doing seperate moisturizer
and sunblock) solution, they have
moisturizer with spf, which works great
too and very light on the skin, but
you do give up the higher SPF.

i prefer a higher spf factor because
i have discolouration on my cheeks
so opt to use two seperate products.

103C.jpg

$ 31.50

with all that said, i don't think it's the
right range of products to use as a
stand alone, if you have very, very dry
skin. but i think it's great to use
on top of your favourite moisturizer.
(they make moisturizers also, but
i've never checked them out aside
wth one pictured above)

they're kinda more famous for their
facial / body sunscreens.

---shine control

products like benefit dr feelgood
can help with the shiny. it's one
of my favourites.

spd_20090830155745_b.jpg

or a good face primer will help
control the oils. choose something
that has a lotion-y texture and it'll
feel light. primers with more silicone
(gives a super smooth finish + fills
in pores and lines) will feel heavier
especially in the heat.

everyday primer i really like
is benefit's that gal

that-gal-primer-benefit.jpg

i'm actually using the mini 0.25oz tube
and use it probably 4 out of 7 days
for the past month. and still have
some left. i put it on my cheeks where
i need more coverage and all over the
t-zone. just little dabs.

6-pcs-benefit-that-gal-6c369.jpg

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
oh ! a lot of people like kiehl's abyssine cream ($45)... but it's ehhh for me.
i just feel with a lot of kiehl's products you already need to have good
skin? (or very young skin) i dunno... i didn't like it. it smells nice but i
wouldn't buy the full size (used trial size) and on application it felt nice,
but then it just makes my fave very greasy... even though i have dry cheeks.

i wear makeup every weekday, and it is not conducive to makeup
staying power, it even defies the laws of primer products. my make
up just falls off, even if i'm not using foundation and just blush...
all comes off. no likey.

kiehls-bergdorf-goodman-beauty-products-since-1851-abyssine-cream-spf-23.jpg

oh i also have shiseido urban environment spf50 (i like highhhh spf)
it's about the same price range as the la roche above ($30). this one
works well, but i use it in colder weather because i feel it's a bit
more thicker than the milk consistency. i get very dry cheeks when
the weather is more cold and dry... but honestly i still prefer the
la roche, only because i really like the moisturizer i'm using, and
don't mind using a seperate product for sunscreen that is very light.

so this may be another good alternative if you're looking for
a more all in one solution.

shiseido-urban-environment-uv-protection-cream-spf50.jpg

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eyebrows: Make your own eyebrow gel with mineral eyeshadow + hair pomade. Dip your brush into the pomade and then into the eyeshadow. Smoosh your brush around in the eyeshadow cap or on a small paper plate to mix the powder into the gel, and then paint your eyebrows. (I keep a stack of small paper plates in my vanity drawer to use as palettes). I use American Crew pomade from the drugstore.

Skin care: Johnson's baby wash as a facial cleanser is cheap and effective, takes off eye makeup without irritating your eyes. Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Rose w/Aloe Vera is a good toner - put it on a cotton pad and go over your face after washing it, for light exfoliation. Japan Health - Squalane Ultra Fine Oil is an excellent moisturizer -- I use it at night. For day, under makeup, I like Bare Escentuals I.D. Barevitamins Skin Rev-Er Upper because it's light and it has mild AHAs.

Eyeshadow:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod132980095&parentId=
Dior Beauty 5 Couleurs Lift quints! You get an eyeshadow base, three colors of shadow, a gel liner plus applicators and a magnifying mirror, all in one compact the size of your palm. These blend like a DREAM, A DREAM I TELL YOU! Your dog could swipe these eye shadows on you and they would be perfectly blended, it's like they melt into each other or something. Zero effort for maximum chic. And don't let how they look in the pan fool you -- if you put them on with a fluffy brush, they got on extremely sheer.

I like Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation applied sparingly and blended fast on top of still-wet moisturizer. It really does last all day and doesn't transfer so if you touch your face and then pick up a piece of paper, you won't leave a makeup swipe on it. It also comes in good colors for pink, WASPy people.

MAC Blushcreme is my favorite because it blends out so sheer and never looks cakey. Maybelline Dream Mousse is also really nice.

I love MAC Malt, Quarry, Copperplate, and Vapour for a day look, with MAC Syrup lipstick.

I like a quick all over swipe with Coty Airspun Translucent face powder on a fiberoptic brush (http://www.essentialbeautysupplies.com/catalog/Fiber_Optic_Brushes-25-1.html) to set and for a more poreless finish.

I'm also a fan of Rosebud Salve, always have a tin of it in my purse as it works for cuticles and handcream as well as lip balm.

Sally Beauty Fingerpaints wear like iron if you use their base and top coat as well.

I like Carol's Daughter Curl Perfecting hair products (although I wish they would tone down the scent), and I use Citre Shine Frizz Anti-Frizz serum as well.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to stay from eye-shadows. Maybe it's because I don't know how to put them on properly, even when I take the time to try....

I also think " Where would I wear that"

So, answer my question ladies, which sort of occasion would call for yellow eye-shadow? And how would one "wear" it?

Yellow eye shadow, to me, is a night thing. An 'on the town' sort of thing. I personally wouldn't wear yellow eye shadow, in general. What color are your eyes? I mentioned the other day that I thought grey eyes might pair very nicely with yellow. Actually, any eye color would work.

And there are sooo many different ways to apply/style makeup. The simplest way, in my opinion, is to take a makeup brush and take a little bit on the end, lightly brushing over the eyelid to get the result you want. It is an art, so I hope you are artistic :biggrin:

[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION], makeup can get wayyy more complicated than this. :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope you try them and love them as much as I do.

rav3n

I tend to stay from eye-shadows. Maybe it's because I don't know how to put them on properly, even when I take the time to try....

I also think " Where would I wear that"

So, answer my question ladies, which sort of occasion would call for yellow eye-shadow? And how would one "wear" it?
Depends on what tone and shade of yellow. I'm guessing you're a winter, so cool tones would suit you although you've got a bit of hybrid in you, so some warm and neutral shades would also suit. Say you were to wear a yellow, cool tone sundress. You could add a touch of yellow eyeshadow on the inner corner of your eye and maybe under the brow, to emphasize your eyebrows.

Personally, I wouldn't wear yellow since it's already a natural colour for me! :laugh:

A look that would be fantastic on you is this but not quite so dark. You could also simplify especially the layers of eyeliner and the need to layer so many different colours of shadow:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdII2OWpazk&feature=relmfu"]YW![/YOUTUBE]

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yellow eye shadow, to me, is a night thing. An 'on the town' sort of thing. I personally wouldn't wear yellow eye shadow, in general. What color are your eyes? I mentioned the other day that I thought grey eyes might pair very nicely with yellow. Actually, any eye color would work.

And there are sooo many different ways to apply/style makeup. The simplest way, in my opinion, is to take a makeup brush and take a little bit on the end, lightly brushing over the eyelid to get the result you want. It is an art, so I hope you are artistic :biggrin:

[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION], makeup can get wayyy more complicated than this. :)

are you kidding me. Fuck that shit, man...if I don't look like the Phantom of the Opera unmasked, I'm satisfied.

F

figsfiggyfigs

For a yellow-y tone, I usually use Mac's "vanilla" eyeshadow. To ME, the base seems light god.
0.jpg
not me.
mac_shadow_swatches047.jpg

I do love golds. Unfortunately, they make the person wearing it, seem a little unhealthy.
ferragamo-gold-eyeshadow-300rb070108.jpg

Which is why I usually go for eyeliners.
014.JPG

043009_hudgens_400X400.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I love Philosophy. I use the Miracle Worker line for daytime and Omega 3 6 9 for night. My face is T zone and way more dry come winter and this combo works really well. I also use regular Purity cleanser but my mom has oily skin and prefers the foaming variety.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
When im home alone and bored. I like to play with colour.

These are all from Urban Decay.

Photo153.jpg

(excuse the ugly mug)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=10808]Jenaphor[/MENTION] [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] [MENTION=7197]Antimony[/MENTION] (you Azn, girl?) [MENTION=10137]Sparrow[/MENTION] if she's posted in this thread - any rec's for foundations for Asian skin?

And I wear purple liner, supposedly it makes dark brown eyes pop.

rav3n

[MENTION=1009]CzeCze[/MENTION]

Every product named is made by MAC since it doesn't cause any breakouts on me so I'm loyal to the death. Very sensitive skin.

Don't care day: No foundation or a light dusting of Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
Full war paint: Beyond moisturizer, layer first with Prep and Prime (silicon base), then Select SPF15 with a light dusting of the Mineralize Skinfinish or Bronzing Powder to set. On days I really look washed out a la dawn of the living dead, after applying the P&P and Select SPF15, I'll lightly dust my entire face with a Powder Blush (Cubic) which brings some human colour back into my face, then dust over with the Mineralize Skinfinish.