• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Thank you for recommending this to me, [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]! The dryness on my eyelids cleared up after one day of using this. It's by far the best thing I've used. I'm so happy with it!

Awesome!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What would you guys say is a good introduction to wearing make up? I don't think I need to wear concealer or anything like that, but I do want to do stuff that emphasizes my lips and eyes. So I guess an intro to lipsticks and eyeliners?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What would you guys say is a good introduction to wearing make up? I don't think I need to wear concealer or anything like that, but I do want to do stuff that emphasizes my lips and eyes. So I guess an intro to lipsticks and eyeliners?

First things first.

Sunscreen
Sunscreen
Oh, did I mention Sunscreen?

I like Biore Uv Aqua Rich Smooth Watery Gel Spf 50 and I think a few others in this thread do as well. If I could go back to my late teens/early 20's and change one thing I did, it would be to use sunscreen daily.

As far as lips and eyes go, see what you like. I would stay away from cheap products but you don't have to be buying high end ones either. Loreal, Maybelline, Physician's Formula are all drug store brands tried and true. I like soft pencil eyeliners but some like liquid and some like pencil. My go to lip product is Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip treatment. But it's pricey. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer is a very good alternative that I can find anywhere. I like natural colors like Honey or Fig that looks good no matter what. So experiment and take care of your skin, it's excellent that you are starting at an early age.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Ive been getting a cpl of hrs of sun everyday with good results. If you are careful its not too hard to build up a tan and not burn. Just take it slow and go in once you start pinking up.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ive been getting a cpl of hrs of sun everyday with good results. If you are careful its not too hard to build up a tan and not burn. Just take it slow and go in once you start pinking up.

yaaaaassss qween! come through, skin cancer!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not a problem if you're not burning. You should just tell me "I want you to die" instead of obliquely wishing skin cancer on me... Much simpler.

well, that was a reach.

Missha-All-Around-Safe-Block-Essence-Sun-Milk-70ml_1024x1024.jpg

nice, lightweight sunscreen that i recommend :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a problem if you're not burning. You should just tell me "I want you to die" instead of obliquely wishing skin cancer on me... Much simpler.

Actually, it's not true. I have been told this by a Mohs (skin cancer) surgeon. There is no such thing as a healthy tan unfortunately. It sucks but it's true. I will probably get skin cancer some day from driving around too much in a convertible, tanning on vacation and being outside a lot as a child.

American Society for Dermatologic Surgery

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Actually, it's not true. I have been told this by a Mohs (skin cancer) surgeon. There is no such thing as a healthy tan unfortunately. It sucks but it's true. I will probably get skin cancer some day from driving around too much in a convertible, tanning on vacation and being outside a lot as a child.

American Society for Dermatologic Surgery

My grandfather had skin cancer but got it removed every time. I've kind of separated the looks like a leather purse from has a healthy tan here. I don't have a problem having to get stuff removed, here in FL more than half of my parents friends and my Dad have had to have stuff removed, and they are all still with us. My grandpa died at 93 from a fall. He didn't have much to keep going for after my grandma died the year before.

I would have given a more full explanation of my position, but I wasn't feeling too generous after having cancer wished on me.

Luke 12:25 - Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My grandfather had skin cancer but got it removed every time. I've kind of separated the looks like a leather purse from has a healthy tan here. I don't have a problem having to get stuff removed, here in FL more than half of my parents friends and my Dad have had to have stuff removed, and they are all still with us. My grandpa died at 93 from a fall. He didn't have much to keep going for after my grandma died the year before.

I would have given a more full explanation of my position, but I wasn't feeling too generous after having cancer wished on me.

It can definitely be curable. However not always. "Among all people with melanoma of the skin, from the time of initial diagnosis, the 5-year survival is 92%. Overall survival depends on the thickness of the primary melanoma, whether the lymph nodes are involved, and whether there is spread of melanoma to distant sites. Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped organs that help fight infection. For very early-stage melanoma located at the site where it started, 5-year survival is 99%. Survival for melanoma that has spread to the nearby lymph nodes is 63%. If melanoma has spread to other parts of the body, survival is 20%."

You should look up images for "Mohs surgery" images. Makes you not want to get too much sun.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It can definitely be curable. However not always. "Among all people with melanoma of the skin, from the time of initial diagnosis, the 5-year survival is 92%. Overall survival depends on the thickness of the primary melanoma, whether the lymph nodes are involved, and whether there is spread of melanoma to distant sites. Lymph nodes are small, bean-shaped organs that help fight infection. For very early-stage melanoma located at the site where it started, 5-year survival is 99%. Survival for melanoma that has spread to the nearby lymph nodes is 63%. If melanoma has spread to other parts of the body, survival is 20%."

You should look up images for "Mohs surgery" images. Makes you not want to get too much sun.

Hence the difference between a tan and the leather purse. I come in once my skin feels warm. Like a medium rare burger. I stop when I get a little pink. And I've built up to where I am, starting earlier in the year when the sun is not as strong.

We all spend a lot of time drinking in the sun at parties over the summer, and in the past Ive been pale as hell and gotten badly burnt and just gotten burnt every so often. This year I'm trying to get a tan be more resistant to being in the boat all day by the time that comes around.

We all know to check for lumps, and compared to most of my friends, I've led a relatively pale existence for my childhood and adult hood wearing sunscreen consistently.

I've also gotta look good, since I'm losing weight and ready to get back in the relationship saddle I've got to raise my stock price as much as possible. I'm pretty picky (read you better be a total smoke show) when it comes to relationships.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
More briefly I'm not planning on doing this for the rest of my days, but for what I need to achieve now, the pain is worth the gain.

But that's just my opinion and others calculations on the matter may lead them to different choices.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

when i said you were reaching, i was referring to your false interpretation of me allegedly wishing cancer on you. i was commenting on the fact that you’re talking about tanning in a health and beauty product thread lol. it’s 2018, nobody tans and SPF is king!!!

apart from cancer, it is horrible for your skin and will give people that leathery floridian look.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
when i said you were reaching, i was referring to your false interpretation of me allegedly wishing cancer on you. i was commenting on the fact that you’re talking about tanning in a health and beauty product thread lol. it’s 2018, nobody tans and SPF is king!!!

apart from cancer, it is horrible for your skin and will give people that leathery floridian look.

You knew how I would interpret what you were saying.

Being nice is costs you nothing.

Ingrid in grids

[MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] Just wanted to rave about the CeraVe eye cream again! I can't stop touching my eyelids. So velvety.

Can you recommend anything for me in the way of a night-time moisturiser? Or any other products for my face that I could incorporate into a routine?

My skincare routine is basically non-existent. I've never really had issues with my skin—no breakouts, etc. At most, I get a little bit of post-viral eczema after getting over a cold (usually around my eyes), but that's about it.

I've been able to get away without even properly washing my face for a long time. Since moving to a new climate and hitting my mid-20s, I'm beginning to notice how the odd night of poor sleep or bad diet shows up on my face (usually as facial edema or appearing a bit lifeless). I want to start a routine, but don't really know where to start. I'm assuming my skin type is "dry."