User Tag List

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@Lexicon sooo I bought the walmart equate knock off of the healthy skin lotion you've posted, and I'm only like... 3 days into using it. But so far it has been great. I only use it once in the morning after I wash my face, and my face has not been greasy later on in the day at all and it hasn't made me break out either so far. Also, it's really dry from being cold here, so I haven't tested it in warmer weather yet.

Also another thing I bought to try on a whim:

This stuff has also provided just a touch a moisture (which is literally written right on the bottle but it's accurate) and I've been using it at night successfully so far without my face going bananas and throwing oil everywhere. Again, haven't tested it in the warmer Texas humidity/weather yet, but for the cold weather up here so far it's been great.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

ok, @cyrilraymond posted a video in johnnyyukon's random funny haha thread, and it was some parody makeup tutorial. i went down a rabbit hole of related videos of hers after watching, and wound up watching a 45 minute drugstore makeup review/tutorial by her. then i went to CVS and bought makeup. i was needing something lighter, more natural, and with a better finish. here's me in way-more-than-normal makeup testing it all out.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes decrescendo liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    @Lexicon sooo I bought the walmart equate knock off of the healthy skin lotion you've posted, and I'm only like... 3 days into using it. But so far it has been great. I only use it once in the morning after I wash my face, and my face has not been greasy later on in the day at all and it hasn't made me break out either so far. Also, it's really dry from being cold here, so I haven't tested it in warmer weather yet.

Also another thing I bought to try on a whim:

This stuff has also provided just a touch a moisture (which is literally written right on the bottle but it's accurate) and I've been using it at night successfully so far without my face going bananas and throwing oil everywhere. Again, haven't tested it in the warmer Texas humidity/weather yet, but for the cold weather up here so far it's been great.
    Awesome the Healthy Skin stuff is working for you so far!

I use that Clean & Clear moisturizer, too. Since I'm on Retin-A & peel intermittently, this stuff is great for adding a little bit of moisture here & there through the day if flaky skin starts to show up, without making my face greasy. The simple glycerin/dimethicone ingredients pick up the slack for me on those days. I hope they don't discontinue this.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So after a couple months of doing this, here's my verdict: while it is too much of a pain right now for me to do a major 'detox' of my scalp, I can say that treating it with straight ACV definitely works.

So far a zinc and sulfur mask from YG Labs + exfoliation coming only from microfiber clothes + Hydrovitron acne cleanser from DS Labs + Morning Burst in the evening or Equate's version of Neutrogena's Healthy Skin retinoid moisturizer in the morning has produced some pretty awesome effects. While this was also (TMI moment maybe) my lightest period I've had since starting my birth control, and that may have a say, I also have broken out less than I ever have this time of the month and I find myself not poking at my face at all. Only word of caution is not to use that moisturizer anywhere near your lips in addition to avoiding the eyes. I use morning burst moisturizer around my lips and then spread way-too-much lip balm with sunscreen in it over the skin. Keep a bigger buffer zone than you would suspect needing.

My next thing I want to try is detangling solution. I use pretty much exclusively Soultanicals with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and some of their conditioner from that line only if I'm in a total rush or if I'm detangling my hair before I wash it. So one of the products I use is this:

So I'm going to try mixing this with some distilled water and seeing if I treat my hair with this before I brush it if it'll calm down a lot of the static and harsh brushing that is ruining my hair lately.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

• Jane Iredale's mineral foundation is the best I've ever tried. It's expensive, but I hardly spend anything on the rest of my makeup and I do feel like it's worth it. I've sampled about 5 other mineral foundations and none have looked nearly as natural. Alima Pure's is worth trying, too, though. They have a huge range of shades and the samples are pretty cheap.
    • Ilia Beauty lipstick in Arabian Nights and Blossom Lady. I just wear them as stains. They're really beautiful colors...don't last long, though, so I don't know if I'm going to buy them (I've been using samples).
    • I've been using Shea Moisture's African Black Soap on my face. It started to smell weird after a few months, so I have to buy a new one, but my skin was clearer than it had been in years. I've never had zits clear up that fast, and I've used some high strength stuff. My skin's been a lot better in general since I stopped using benzoyl peroxide and started on ampicillin. (Used to have pretty bad cystic acne, now just small whiteheads [which would probably be gone if 1/2 my diet weren't dairy and wheat].)

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Also, Revlon's lip balms are great!! I just don't like the colors. There are only a couple neutrals and they're too light for me.

And if anyone knows what to do with frizzy, triangular, extremely voluminous 2C hair, please let me know. : ( I want to get a keratin treatment, but formaldehyde..

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    Also, Revlon's lip balms are great!! I just don't like the colors. There are only a couple neutrals and they're too light for me.

And if anyone knows what to do with frizzy, triangular, extremely voluminous 2C hair, please let me know. : ( I want to get a keratin treatment, but formaldehyde..
    Hi. what is 2c hair?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post

Hi. what is 2c hair?
    It's a type of curly hair. Hair Types - Discover Your Hair's Texture

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post

I have a friend with 2C/3A hair and she likes the Kerastase line.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes decrescendo, AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

Human Grumpy Cat Array senza tema's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

My curls don't fit into that chart. I have more than one texture in my hair.

IT'S LIKE TYPOLOGY ALL OVER AGAIN.
    Likes Opal, Codex, Showbread liked this post