• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so I got my hair dyed black for my second semester of college, and the salon place made me pay $70 x.x so I wanted a cheaper way to keep it going.

L'oreal Preference. even if you don't have grey hairs, works great, and it comes with a little tube of conditioner that helps maintain the haircolor. It probably lasts as long as most box haircolors for that, but it hasn't murdered my hair since I've used it like 3 times since my hair dye began to fade. the fact I've only used it 3 times in maintaining this for almost a year probably says a lot. XD

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
L'Oreal's Voluminous Lash Paradise waterproof mascara is literally Better Than Sex, but you can just get it at Target for way less

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had two microneedling treatments at a med spa, one five weeks ago and another over a week ago. So far, my skin looks tighter, plumper, and brighter. I'm mostly happy with it. Last weekend I got a few free sample lotions in the mail. At least one of them has a fragrance to it and I put in on my skin. *sigh* And now my skin is a little inflamed and bumpy. Hopefully that will go away soon.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So, I tried some Overtone pastel red as it's super easy to apply and thought it might be a good solution to buying henna. I emailed back and forth with the people of overtone. I'm intimidated to try the vibrant red, but might be purchasing a sample to try.

My brief thoughts on it:
- It smells better than henna.
- it didn't do much to my hair the first 2 applications
- it didn't do much to my hair the last 2 applications. It did have a hint more pinkish tone to it though.
- It only lasts 4 applications (2 of them the top-half of my hair only) on my long ass hair.
- It works better if you wash your hair, no conditioner, let it dry entirely, and then use it.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh I'm glad that you've tried it! I was thinking about it but no one I knew has tested it out.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I just wanted to give a ringing endorsement of the Klairs skincare products.
Home - Dear, Klairs

I've had some redness/blotchy areas since the fall. Even just below one of my eyebrows, at first I thought it was a scratch. Nothing was helping, I even though it may be my pillow/laundry soap and that wasn't it either. I had a sample of the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming cream which I used for about a week after my normal serum/moisturizer step.

Dear,Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream

After about a week, most of the redness, including under my eyebrow was gone or nearly gone. I was so impressed I bought a calming set from Amazon with toner, serum, Vit. C drops, lotion and the calming cream. Amazing. The only thing I can't seem to find are their soothing sheet masks - I think those will work well with my winter dry skin. As a plus, I don't find their products to be out of line, price wise, with other K-beauty brands.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I just wanted to give a ringing endorsement of the Klairs skincare products.
Home - Dear, Klairs

I've had some redness/blotchy areas since the fall. Even just below one of my eyebrows, at first I thought it was a scratch. Nothing was helping, I even though it may be my pillow/laundry soap and that wasn't it either. I had a sample of the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming cream which I used for about a week after my normal serum/moisturizer step.

Dear,Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream

After about a week, most of the redness, including under my eyebrow was gone or nearly gone. I was so impressed I bought a calming set from Amazon with toner, serum, Vit. C drops, lotion and the calming cream. Amazing. The only thing I can't seem to find are their soothing sheet masks - I think those will work well with my winter dry skin. As a plus, I don't find their products to be out of line, price wise, with other K-beauty brands.

Hey ceecee's, do you still love this stuff. I'm looking for something as my skin has been increasingly red and inflamed. My skin is not oily at all, but it sounds like the ingredients in this stuff might be worth a shot. Is Klairs a k beauty brand?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hey ceecee's, do you still love this stuff. I'm looking for something as my skin has been increasingly red and inflamed. My skin is not oily at all, but it sounds like the ingredients in this stuff might be worth a shot. Is Klairs a k beauty brand?

Klairs is a K-beauty brand and I still love it. The one thing I did change is a foaming face wash. I got a lot of feedback at Asian Beauty
and decided on Hada Labo Rohto Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam, which is Japanese. Target carries Hada Labo but Amazon had the better prices. I'm really happy with both brands and Klairs definitely does the job on redness. My face tolerates Hyaluronic Acid very well so I also use sheet masks containing it a couple times a week and I keep them in the fridge. My skin is terribly dry in the winter and the redness/sensitivity on top of it sucks.

Breathing

Some nice recs in here...makes me want to buy stuff with money I don't have :newwink:
I like to keep my skincare routine simple. My skin is sensitive so I try not to overdo it with trying new things. I also have combination skin. I wash my face when needed (every other day to every two days) because staying on a routine instead of listening to my skin just makes it feel raw and irritated from over cleansing. When I don't use products to cleanse, I'll just rinse my face with cold water in the morning and at night. The stuff I use is decently priced I think. Roughly in the $5-$20 range I believe.

Skincare routine:
*Beauty 360 facial buff with peppermint Castile soap to cleanse and exfoliate
*shea moisture African black soap toner (better than witch hazel, it has salicylic acid and I think this is what really stopped blackheads and whiteheads for me)
*Right now I can't get the derma e vitamin e moisturizer (seriously great for sensitive skin and it really penetrates the skin), but the shea moisture dragon's blood moisturizer works well in its place. It stings a bit in the first few uses though.

**If anyone can recommend a cheap sunscreen and eye cream that would be great**. Using a regular moisturizer around the eyes unfortunately does cause milia ;L

Olive oil and a cotton pad removes makeup really well.

If anyone likes masks, the Skederm snail secretion mask is awesome. It was very soothing and didn't clog my pores. Bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar will also seriously pull everything out of your skin too.

If you're familiar with the hair chart floating around the web, mine is like a 3B. The products that really stick out in my hair routine are the aussie moist 3 minute miracle conditioner (great as a detangler) and the shea moisture yucca and plantain masque (great for strength and moisture. I do notice that my strands are a bit thicker after using it consistently). I recommend watering down the masque with any cheap conditioner because it is veerryy thick.
I also recommend using a moisturizer or cream instead of a lot of gel for styling curls. Changing this up really made my hair feel softer and more moisturized instead of tacky and dry not long after styling.

If anyone knows of a good leave-in let me know because I still can't find a good one : o

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Some nice recs in here...makes me want to buy stuff with money I don't have :newwink:
I like to keep my skincare routine simple. My skin is sensitive so I try not to overdo it with trying new things. I also have combination skin. I wash my face when needed (every other day to every two days) because staying on a routine instead of listening to my skin just makes it feel raw and irritated from over cleansing. When I don't use products to cleanse, I'll just rinse my face with cold water in the morning and at night. The stuff I use is decently priced I think. Roughly in the $5-$20 range I believe.

Skincare routine:
*Beauty 360 facial buff with peppermint Castile soap to cleanse and exfoliate
*shea moisture African black soap toner (better than witch hazel, it has salicylic acid and I think this is what really stopped blackheads and whiteheads for me)
*Right now I can't get the derma e vitamin e moisturizer (seriously great for sensitive skin and it really penetrates the skin), but the shea moisture dragon's blood moisturizer works well in its place. It stings a bit in the first few uses though.

**If anyone can recommend a cheap sunscreen and eye cream that would be great**. Using a regular moisturizer around the eyes unfortunately does cause milia ;L

Olive oil and a cotton pad removes makeup really well.

If anyone likes masks, the Skederm snail secretion mask is awesome. It was very soothing and didn't clog my pores. Bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar will also seriously pull everything out of your skin too.

If you're familiar with the hair chart floating around the web, mine is like a 3B. The products that really stick out in my hair routine are the aussie moist 3 minute miracle conditioner (great as a detangler) and the shea moisture yucca and plantain masque (great for strength and moisture. I do notice that my strands are a bit thicker after using it consistently). I recommend watering down the masque with any cheap conditioner because it is veerryy thick.
I also recommend using a moisturizer or cream instead of a lot of gel for styling curls. Changing this up really made my hair feel softer and more moisturized instead of tacky and dry not long after styling.

If anyone knows of a good leave-in let me know because I still can't find a good one : o

Cheap sunscreen - Biore UV aqua rich watery Essence sunscreen sunblock SPF50+/PA+++ It's under $10

Cheap eye cream - I like Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream. About $8 for a tube.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Leave-in - I like Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I love the scent but a little goes a long way and I have shoulder length hair. The tub might have been $12.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

If you want to give these a try for much less, WishTrend has all the samples for under $5, including the blue calming cream.

KLAIRS | Best Trial Kit

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Can anyone tell me of a reasonably affordable but virtually ALL natural/organic line of makeup?

All I need is a good tinted moisturizer (that actually helps to smooth skin tone a bit), mascara, and eyeliner.

I've looked into the Honest line, and I am just not sure. I've also tried the tinted moisturizer and didn't feel it concealed anything.

Previously, I've just used grocery-level brands, like Aveeno, Alba, and Physician's Formula. I was happy enough with the coverage for all of them, but want to step up my chemical-free game, and I'm also looking for reasons to NEVER have to step foot in another Walmart ever again.