User Tag List

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@fivesounds - Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer tinted moisturizer makes for a nice lightweight, natural-looking foundation. That, or their Healthy Skin Glow Sheers tinted moisturizer. Personally I prefer Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte tinted moisturizer, but if you have dry skin issues, then you'd want something that doesn't have a matte finish. Revlon's tinted BB/CC creams are fairly skin-friendly, too, but I prefer Neutrogena over Revlon. Neutrogena's got some decent medicated concealer for blemishes, as well.

Oh! I forgot- new CC-cream from Physician's Formula - Physicians Formula

My INTP friend bought some recently - it's got decent coverage & doesn't break her out/irritate her skin. Worth checking out; I love that brand.

I'm a big fan of their spf30 loose powder, as well.
    Physicians Formula
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Any suggestions for very, very, VERY dry/flaky and sensitive skin? I like the face lotion I'm using (Cetaphil DailyAdvance), but I'm not sure if my overall routine is cutting it.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Array Mademoiselle's Avatar
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Any suggestions for very, very, VERY dry/flaky and sensitive skin? I like the face lotion I'm using (Cetaphil DailyAdvance), but I'm not sure if my overall routine is cutting it.

My skin is annoyingly sensitive, so I use baby products -What else you expect form a girl who still eats clerelac xD-
    baby lotion, baby wet wipers, baby powder instead of dry shampoo, baby shampoo etc.
    So I basically smell like new born babies. Fragrance can fix this.
    Also I’d suggest you try baby oil at night time, it’ll also thickens your skin.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I know this has been recommended a gazillion times, but the Neutrogena healthy skin, every morning.

Also, use night cream before bed. It helps a lot in the morning and the rest of the day.

Jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. I use Jojoba every night.

I prefer to use Origin's Drink UP 10 minute mask, but I leave it on. I use it maybe once a week.

Don't forget to drink lots of water!
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post

Also I’d suggest you try baby oil at night time, it’ll also thickens your skin.
    joharinohari
    Likes cm81 liked this post

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Array Mademoiselle's Avatar
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen View Post

I personally need to get thicker skin as my veins are visible…
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I know this has been recommended a gazillion times, but the Neutrogena healthy skin, every morning.
    Is that a cream that's useful for oily skin too? .. I have really oily skin, but the cleanser I use on my face dries it all out.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Hmm. Thick skin doesn't sound like an attribute for some reason. Unless it's a man's callused hands.

I just wanted to say I'm totally missing my face oil. I ran out and have been using extra virgin organic olice oil with some essential oil in it, but I can tell it neither is as good a humectant as my blend, nor does it keep my face as soft. I have dry skin so I have to slather with oil pretty much all day long. (except when i'm wearing makeup). I don't wear foundation for this reason, and because I feel like powder is enough for the most part.

Aphrodite's Awesome Facial Oil Blend:

1/3 part evening primrose oil (organic)
    1/3 part rosehip seed oil (organic)
    [i order the above oils from rose mountain herbs out of oregon]
    1/3 part extra virgin organic olive oil
    10 drops essential oil of your liking,

in about a 4 ounce spray bottle.

Apply generously after exfoliating (I make my own loofa soap and use that for exfoliating) and liberally throughout the day. These oils have the highest GLA content available and help with aging and scarring. And the eos kill germs, inhibiting acne and helping to keep you from getting ill, along with other beneficial side effects, emotional and physical!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

And just fyi. Coconut oil is good to use in soap making, but using it straight on the skin every day promotes drying because of its pH; it changes the skin's mantle. You might think, well, i have oily skin so this is good, but i suspect it does it in a way as to make your skin layered, as with eczema? Like thicker. Jojoba is a good oil for your body, but i'd not use it on your face.

I have just learned these things from making soap and cream and oils for my own face and body over the years. Cocoa butter is fun to work with, and to use in preparations or salves. Shea butter is the popular cream now, but I prefer cocoa butter because I LOVE that subtle, deep, chocolatey smell~

I'd Love to have a bff who wanted to do my makeup and hair. how fun would that be?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Watt liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Question Anyone..?

Green concealer stick. Supposed to neutralize redness. Never used it before. Heard good things, though. Hoping to minimize some redness from my recent surgery, just for the night.

Does it go on before or after foundation?
    Any other tips on this stuff?

Leaving at 5:30pm/Eastern.
    Thx.
    @Codex or anyone else who knows anything about makeup application. Brain fails me atm for names.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.