• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
smooth skin regimen (body)

Been using a combination of products for awhile, now. My skin has started feeling as soft as a child's skin.. which..there's no non-creepy way to say that, I guess. I live with a 7 year old. Her mom touched my arm & proclaimed it to be similar in texture to her kid's/wanted to know what I'd been doing. I guess this routine's making my skin healthier, if it feels 'younger.'

I've used Dial bodywash for years (the fresh spring water scented kind.. whatever that means). I'd add an eye dropper's worth of tea tree oil to the bottle for an added antimicrobial effect.

I just switched to this (below) a few months ago - grabbed it to try out because you get more for the cost, & I liked most of the ingredients. It has a really light, crisp scent that I can't quite place. It doesn't really moisturize like the label claims, but it doesn't strip your skin, either. I still religiously moisturize post-shower, anyway (w/Olay Quench Daily body Lotion. Not a fan of the new perfumey scent, but it has niacinamide (B3), panthenol (B5), green tea extract, vitamin E & some water-binding amino acids, so can't really beat that. The scent wears off when the lotion absorbs, which is rather quick. Kinda pricey at 1st glance, but a little goes a long way, & the ingredients make it worth it. There are usually printable coupons for it kicking around, too).

$3.47 at Walmart.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Essence-Tea-Tree-Oil-Ultra-Moisturizing-Body-Wash-24-Oz/10324103

9ecf01cc-bbba-4cba-835b-cf074d2c3fff_1.fcaa2c22518ee829cf5010f1cfdf4b4c.jp  eg

bolded the additives I liked about this bodywash.

Ingredients:
Purified Water (Aqua),S Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauramide Dea, Sodium Chloride, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium PEG-7, Olive Oil Carboxylate, Rosmairnus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (White Tea And Oolong Tea), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Seed Extract, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Polyquaternium-7, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA-Copper, Citric Acid, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

Picked up a replacement mesh sponge yesterday - I've been stuck on this one, it exfoliates like no other. Just coarser material than the typical mesh sponge, but still gentle.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EcoTools-Bath-Sponge/19400174

46f8acf4-18e4-4693-9aae-b3027d7d4deb_1.7c8b749db303050f76f143281d5e7feb.jp  eg

The "green" aspects of it are a perk too, I guess. Made from 100% recycled materials. Also 100% recyclable when you're done w/it. If that's a selling point for you, I mean.

And these razors are epic. Idk why I didn't try out men's razors sooner. Again, kinda pricey at first glance, but they last awhile & keep everything insanely smooth for days on end.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schick-Hydro-Refill-Cartridge-4-count/16627635

db4ddf83-a178-42b5-a758-d04536690eee_1.b348dce7d32b3f2ff9d031ee97bf7958.jp  eg

Coupled w/this shave cream (for use anywhere - I'm basically hairless from the neck down. I have crazy sensitive skin & really coarse-textured hair, it's always been an irritant more than anything else. Walmart recently came out w/a generic of this, & it's just as good, actually - same ingredient lineup & rustproof can), & this miracle gel - applied to the 'bikini area' immediately post-shower. Zero bumps/cuts/burns. That gel's already in this thread for chafing issues, & for its lesser known use as a makeup primer - it apparently performs better than expensive dept store primers, & is only a fraction of the cost).

Sunscreen's a must, too. Even during cooler months/on overcast days. Recently switched to this; it's pretty awesome. CVS Clear Zinc Broad Spectrum Sun Lotion

So yeah.. with regular use, this combination of stuff will make people wonder if you're sapping the youth from any children in your immediate area/possibly accuse you of witchcraft. Which makes it worth sharing.

Now I want to watch Hocus Pocus.. :thinking:

Mole

Permabanned
Vitamin K2

Vitamin K2 is just new on the market in Australia. Vitamin K2 takes calcium from soft tissues such as the heart, veins and arteries, and joints, and deposits it on hard tissue such as teeth and bones. This is perhaps even more important for women.

Removing calcium from the heart, veins and arteries, and joints helps our circulation and movement, depositing calcium on our hard tissues such as teeth and bones avoids osteoporosis, and gives us strong teeth and bones.

Our standard diet us usually deficient in vitamin K2 so it is necessary to take a supplement.

DB968

Ginger Snap
Hello, I have a question for those who had to face dark circles under the eyes/corner. I'm only catching up with sleep but they don't seem to go away. Is there any natural product, homemade product you've used to get rid of these? I use both a concealer and an eye illuminator, and it still shows a little. I have light skin and it's horrible. Meanwhile I'll try to sleep earlier. Thanks in advance.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Been using lots of shits in my face.

But changing my skin care now because winter is over and summer is near.

Before i use moisturizer and it makes my skin good.

But using moisturizer now makes me breakout.

I started using shiseido d program acne trial set.

It's pretty awesome.

Now I'm using these

dd409a2da1617ee2b12112ac0c61bbab.jpg

I'm gonna buy the lotion and emulsion bottles. XD

I loove it. XD

It doesn't break me out anymore.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Foundation oxidizing on my skin, then my face turn to orange,the story of my life..
That's why I did not wear foundation for many years

On other news my skin is awful right now, looks like I'm sick, this sucks

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Foundation oxidizing on my skin, then my face turn to orange,the story of my life..

I'm not an expert on this, but I use collagen cream and various oils on my face. I sometime use a touch of olive oil on my face and lightly on my hair. I live where it is really dry and I'm not super young anymore. Recently I've been having an allergic reaction to my shampoo and/or conditioner where my scalp has been getting sores. It is supposed to be top of the line, expensive, and does have complex ingredients.

I've been trying to move towards using simpler things which is why the olive oil appeals to me. I heard that it was used historically, and it makes some sense to avoid complex chemicals. I am still trying to find ways to improve my hair because my problems there might be physiological. If anyone knows how to make dry, thinner hair a bit shinier, stronger, and thicker, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I've been trying to move towards using simpler things which is why the olive oil appeals to me. I heard that it was used historically, and it makes some sense to avoid complex chemicals. I am still trying to find ways to improve my hair because my problems there might be physiological. If anyone knows how to make dry, thinner hair a bit shinier, stronger, and thicker, I'd be glad to hear about it.

When my hair are getting dry and weak, shampoo for babies and silk serum for hair help me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Do you use a primer?

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not an expert on this, but I use collagen cream and various oils on my face. I sometime use a touch of olive oil on my face and lightly on my hair. I live where it is really dry and I'm not super young anymore. Recently I've been having an allergic reaction to my shampoo and/or conditioner where my scalp has been getting sores. It is supposed to be top of the line, expensive, and does have complex ingredients.

I used to have very short hair until I was 20 and they looked thick and strong... but then I decided I wanted long hair and for some reason when my hair is long, it becomes very obvious how thin they actually are. So over the time a long list containing every product I tried, developed.. my friends all recommended different stuff for me, like the olive oil and coconut oil but oils didn't do anything for me. I realized after a while every hair has different needs and responds to different products, so trying out is a good idea. But I've tried nearly ever brand you can get your hands on at the drugstore and they were a waste of time, money and water... the only thing that proofed helpful were the products from my hairdresser. I would recommend Kerastase. It's probably a little expensive and I'm not much a fan of chemical ingredients either but I tried out so many hard-pressed, unrefined, organic oils that did nothing at all, I just don't care anymore. I think at least I got something that works, you know.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I used to have very short hair until I was 20 and they looked thick and strong... but then I decided I wanted long hair and for some reason when my hair is long, it becomes very obvious how thin they actually are. So over the time a long list containing every product I tried, developed.. my friends all recommended different stuff for me, like the olive oil and coconut oil but oils didn't do anything for me. I realized after a while every hair has different needs and responds to different products, so trying out is a good idea. But I've tried nearly ever brand you can get your hands on at the drugstore and they were a waste of time, money and water... the only thing that proofed helpful were the products from my hairdresser. I would recommend Kerastase. It's probably a little expensive and I'm not much a fan of chemical ingredients either but I tried out so many hard-pressed, unrefined, organic oils that did nothing at all, I just don't care anymore. I think at least I got something that works, you know.

That's a very good product. I think the only good hair products are from the salon/professional stores as well.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's a very good product. I think the only good hair products are from the salon/professional stores as well.

It is a fact. I hate how expensive most of these products are - at least for a student like me - but the difference in quality between a drugstore hair conditioner and one from the hairdressers shop is incredibly huge. I'd even go so far to say most drugstore hair products are doing the contrary and damage your hair. I have experience with this. It's because of all the silicones and other stuff they put into it, which makes your hair feel soft right after the treatment, but according to my hairdresser, these chemicals cling themselves around your hair and "clog" it up, so no conditioner can actually get inside to moisturize it from the inside out. It's doing the opposite, give moisture to the outside while the inside of your hair is still dry as hell.

On a side-note: Shouldn't post here while talking to a friend at the same time. So many typos, duuuh.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Rosehip oil is the bomb for facial skin. It gives a nice glow, moisturizes beautifully, reduces redness and calms acne. I mix it with vitamin c serum and hyaluronic acid and put it on my hands, chest and neck as well. It absorbs quickly, isn't expensive and is great under makeup.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As I think you know, I have had a fairly complex relationship with my hair for a long time. :laugh: I too have very thin hair, and a frustrating hairline, and though historically my hair got greasy very quickly (I think that's a plague of thin-haired people), I think it was also pretty dry. One thing I've finally realized, over the past few years I've had hair again (after having shaved it off), is that in focusing instead on my scalp health, rather than the hair, my hair has improved quite a lot. My hair used to get greasy after a single day, but now it can go 2, sometimes almost 3 days, without needing a wash. And it's because I've been buying more expensive products that target the scalp specifically. I use Aveda 'Invati' which I believe helps a lot in terms of removing product buildup and dead skin from the scalp, and clearing scalp pores. Also, whereas I used to not use so much conditioner (thinking it is what made my hair more greasy, thus I didn't need conditioner), I now will lather it on thick. I actually use 'Scalp Benefits' from Aveda, and also have been experimenting rotating with some more natural stuff from Target (one with seaweed, I really like pretty well), but I haven't really found a true winner. So I may just have to stick with the super expensive Aveda. On the plus side, their products come in big bottles so they can actually last quite a long time. Like, my Invati shampoo bottle lasts probably 6 months at least, probably a bit more.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Layed out in the sun today for 30 minutes and sweat out a pound of water. You just gotta know how to cut weight like the wrestlers.