• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION] is a slut shamer! :O
Also, please share your beauty secrets, especially that cream that you use.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I got a small cystic pimple on my chin yesterday. Its been nearly a year since my last one. What have I done which caused this? I have been eating like a piggie lately. Too much yammy food...

Anyways. I came on here to tell everyone how amazing Tea Tree oil is, even though it stinks. The beast hurts a lot less already and has gone down a bit. :cry:

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I really like Dior's perfume, J'adore. I've tried Si by Giorgio Armani and it's just not for me. It's nice, but it's not for me. Dior is the one.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
How do you guys deal with flaky winter skin? I can use coconut oil every day and my skin is STILL dry. And I live in pretty humid climate now too but NOPE, still an alligator.

Star Atlas

How do you guys deal with flaky winter skin? I can use coconut oil every day and my skin is STILL dry. And I live in pretty humid climate now too but NOPE, still an alligator.

I started using this:

Amazon.com: Peter Thomas Roth 100% Purified Squalane Oilless Oil, 1.0 Fluid Ounce: Peter Thomas Roth: Beauty

About a year ago. I have very sensitive skin that also gets incredibly dry when winter rolls around. This stuff is possibly made with magic because it works so beautifully.

I also will combine it with:

Amazon.com : Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Precious Cream, 1.7 Ounce : Beauty

For days that my skin gets really bad.

Thanks to snooping the health and beauty threads here I saw the one on Manuka Honey... 2 months in and my facial skin is an entirely different, and amazingly soft creature. I do a 40min-60 min (I usually watch an episode on Netlfix) mask every other day. Rinse off with cool water, pat dry, and apply some of the squalane oil.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Cream instead of oil. It permeates the skin better, usually. I have the same with oils - it stays on top of your skin, causing the odd pimple and still allows your skin to flake.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I started using this:

Amazon.com: Peter Thomas Roth 100% Purified Squalane Oilless Oil, 1.0 Fluid Ounce: Peter Thomas Roth: Beauty

About a year ago. I have very sensitive skin that also gets incredibly dry when winter rolls around. This stuff is possibly made with magic because it works so beautifully.

I also will combine it with:

Amazon.com : Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Precious Cream, 1.7 Ounce : Beauty

For days that my skin gets really bad.
These look amazing! Can you use it under primer or is it more like an 'apply at night and let it work its magic' kinda thing?
Cream instead of oil. It permeates the skin better, usually. I have the same with oils - it stays on top of your skin, causing the odd pimple and still allows your skin to flake.
For real? I didn't even know that. I've subscribed to the whole 'coconut oil for everything' and obviously it's a bit of a struggle. It's good for all of 5 minutes after I use it, but afterwards it's full on alligator skin again.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These look amazing! Can you use it under primer or is it more like an 'apply at night and let it work its magic' kinda thing?

For real? I didn't even know that. I've subscribed to the whole 'coconut oil for everything' and obviously it's a bit of a struggle. It's good for all of 5 minutes after I use it, but afterwards it's full on alligator skin again.

That's my experience. I use oil on my body after I shower, though, but definitely cream for my face as that has to endure more and is more sensitive to such things :)

Star Atlas

Ultimately you have to let your body, or in this case, your skin, speak to you. These are what work for me, but may not work for you. I highly recommend popping over to Sephora and getting some free samples of these items to see how they work with your skin. It's what I did after spending untold amounts of money desperately trying to find things that wouldn't make my face break out.

Now that Winter Is Coming, I tend to use at least the squalane oil in the morning. I can't wear primer as it just ends up being too much for my face. I put it on under my foundation and it stays surprisingly "dewy" all day. If my skin is feeling especially dry, then I will tap on a bit of the rose moisturizer. Usually I do more moisturizing at night with a full cleansing wash with:

Amazon.com: Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Cleansing Gel -
250 ml / 8.5 Fl oz: Peter Thomas Roth: Beauty

In regards to Coconut Oil, I hear such mixed reports about using it for moisturizing. I have two friends who use it and swear by it, but it never did anything for me. My SIL uses it all over her body and loves it. But if your skin is getting dry right afterwards, then I would stop using it as it just doesn't work for you.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Update - K-Beauty Haul

After consultation with [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION], purchased and received my first Korean beauty product haul.

In case there's other newbies out there who are interested in getting into K-beauty stuff, but are feeling overwhelmed, Orangeappled wrote a super helpful post earlier in this thread (it's post #513 if the link thing doesn't work for you) on how to create your routine. Here's another general outline on how Korean beauty routines are usually structured.

I also talked with the good people at Peach & Lily about specific product recommendations for my combination, acne-prone skin, which you can request if you email them. They sent some great [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION]-approved) recs, which is how I created my basic regimen. I actually ended up making most of the purchases from a wholesale k-beauty site, which ended up saving me about $200 off the Peach & Lily price. Everything I got came out to about $120 + what I paid for shipping, which is incredible given the amount of product I got. Let me know if you're interested in specific product links. They're all bucketed on a spreadsheet somewhere.

Starter Haul

1 - Double Cleansing

Oil Cleanser - Cremorlab T.E.N. Cremor Cleansing Gel Oil
Cleansing Mousse - Aromatica Sea Daffodil Cleansing Mousse

2 - Essence, Toner, Serum

Toner + Serum - Rose First Absolute Serum
Essence - Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

3 - Moisturizers

Moisturizer - Mizon All-in-One Snail Repair Cream
Eye Cream - Snail Repair Eye Cream

4 - Mask

Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask

Here's some obligatory haul pics. Testerkorea sent everything in a really adorable clamshell box.

aOLKpwi.jpg

Cleanser, essence and toner/serum

48Gg0As.jpg

Moisturizers

BrDpVjO.jpg

They also sent a cute thank you packet with samples :heart:

NTg4lXV.jpg

I've been using the products for about 2-3 weeks now and have had a really positive experience so far. I was a little overeager and ended up trying EVERYTHING at once.

This was a mistake.

Switched it up and have just been doing the double cleanser morning/evening + moisturizer, and do all of the products only the evening. I use a super basic, spf 30 Cetaphil moisturizer during the day. It's really evened out my skin, made it incredibly soft and the tone of my skin is like...more beautiful? Idk, I feel like my skin tone is richer and more "glowy". It's also drastically impacted my makeup game. Continuing to follow the wisdom of the good ladies of Korea, I stick to a BB cream and it's getting to the point that that's usually all I need.

I also just feel really good after I've gone through my routine, which was not something I expected. I just feel calm and like shits gonna be alright. It sounds strange but I'm guessing if the products are good for your skin they're probably good for you, too. :shrug:

That's my follow up. I've shunted my manuka honey to a body mask for now, so it's not like I'm cheating or anything. :cry:

Thanks again to OA and Codex. :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
After consultation with [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION], purchased and received my first Korean beauty product haul.

In case there's other newbies out there who are interested in getting into K-beauty stuff, but are feeling overwhelmed, Orangeappled wrote a super helpful post earlier in this thread (it's post #513 if the link thing doesn't work for you) on how to create your routine. Here's another general outline on how Korean beauty routines are usually structured.

I also talked with the good people at Peach & Lily about specific product recommendations for my combination, acne-prone skin, which you can request if you email them. They sent some great [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION]-approved) recs, which is how I created my basic regimen. I actually ended up making most of the purchases from a wholesale k-beauty site, which ended up saving me about $200 off the Peach & Lily price. Everything I got came out to about $120 + what I paid for shipping, which is incredible given the amount of product I got. Let me know if you're interested in specific product links. They're all bucketed on a spreadsheet somewhere.

Starter Haul

1 - Double Cleansing

Oil Cleanser - Cremorlab T.E.N. Cremor Cleansing Gel Oil
Cleansing Mousse - Aromatica Sea Daffodil Cleansing Mousse

2 - Essence, Toner, Serum

Toner + Serum - Rose First Absolute Serum
Essence - Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

3 - Moisturizers

Moisturizer - Mizon All-in-One Snail Repair Cream
Eye Cream - Snail Repair Eye Cream

4 - Mask

Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask

Here's some obligatory haul pics. Testerkorea sent everything in a really adorable clamshell box.

aOLKpwi.jpg

Cleanser, essence and toner/serum

48Gg0As.jpg

Moisturizers

BrDpVjO.jpg

They also sent a cute thank you packet with samples :heart:

NTg4lXV.jpg

I've been using the products for about 2-3 weeks now and have had a really positive experience so far. I was a little overeager and ended up trying EVERYTHING at once.

This was a mistake.

Switched it up and have just been doing the double cleanser morning/evening + moisturizer, and do all of the products only the evening. I use a super basic, spf 30 Cetaphil moisturizer during the day. It's really evened out my skin, made it incredibly soft and the tone of my skin is like...more beautiful? Idk, I feel like my skin tone is richer and more "glowy". It's also drastically impacted my makeup game. Continuing to follow the wisdom of the good ladies of Korea, I stick to a BB cream and it's getting to the point that that's usually all I need.

I also just feel really good after I've gone through my routine, which was not something I expected. I just feel calm and like shits gonna be alright. It sounds strange but I'm guessing if the products are good for your skin they're probably good for you, too. :shrug:

That's my follow up. I've shunted my manuka honey to a body mask for now, so it's not like I'm cheating or anything. :cry:

Thanks again to OA and Codex. :)

I'm glad you posted this, as I have also got on the K-beauty train.

I read a lot and used many of the recommendations from Snow White and the Asian Pear and https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/

Since we're into winter, I knew my face would be raisin-y and I took that into consideration.

What I have realized is that the double cleansing is something I should avoid for now. It's just too drying but the CosRx Low PH Good Morning gel cleanser is very gentle and works well. I'll return to that in the spring.

Morning Routine

Simple Micellar Cleansing Water - Since I clean my face at night, I don't need to heavily use anything else in the AM.

CosRx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner - I thought this was crazy and would dry my skin even more but, nope. It got rid of the whiteheads I have in a couple areas. It exfoliates so nicely too. I use the more premium round, thicker cosmetic pads to apply it and take my time going from the outside in in a circular motion.

CosRx Mela 14 White Ampule - I use a couple of drops, I think it's improved the texture of my skin. It's not sticky but a little tacky until it absorbs.

CosRx All In One Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream - This is great and I have no complaints. I would like to try the MIZON All In One to compare.

CosRx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask - Yes, for morning. The more I researched, the more I saw that, especially for dry mature skin, this was a recommendation.

Night routine

Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil - I've been using cleansing oil for some time as a makeup remover. I really love this and I take more time massaging it in and leaving it on my face, I think that's making a difference in how dry my face feels, overall.

CosRx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

CosRx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence - I may move to the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence in the spring. It has to dry on your skin, maybe 15 minutes before moisturizers or masks.

My Scheming Hot Spring Water Moisturizing Silk Facial Mask - Oh man, if your skin is dry this is amazing. I don't use one every night, probably 3 nights a week. This brand has many varieties, I'll give some others a try.

CosRx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Mask - This sleeping pack is so good, I can't say enough about it. No scent, no irritants, nothing but gentle moisture.

So far this is working very well. I've been using the products about a month. As far as price goes, it can't be beat. I will add Shiseido Senka Aging Care UV Sunscreen SPF50+ at some point too. I have not tried any of the BB samples yet but I am planning to.

I'm not expecting my skin to instantly look like I'm 16 again. But it's more than delivering on what I do need and I feel good about the ingredients too. I also bought everything on Amazon, some with Prime, some not but the delivery time wasn't bad, about 10 days.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like using coconut oil on my hair, although I don't notice much of a difference lately. Apparently it's really good for it, though. My hair is pretty fried from dying it so much, but I don't want to stop dying it, so I'm my own hair's worst enemy. I might try lemon juice, that's a more natural way of lightening the hair. Apple cider vinegar does the same, apparently, but it's also good for cleansing it. I've used that, as well (in normal + shampoo forms, a shampoo from the brand live clean), and it's a bit harsh on the hair.

peter pettishrooms

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Anyone use eyelid tape? What kind of brands do you recommend for someone with uneven and thin eyelid creases? (My left crease is smaller than my right and nearly a half lid.)

Mole

Permabanned
Touch of Silver by Provoke

A great success has been Touch of Silver by Provoke.

It is cheap, it is a shampoo that only has to be applied twice a week and rinsed off.

Touch of Silver applies pigment, not a dye, to the hair. The pigment is in ultraviolet and so invisible, but gives my hair a lovely glamorous shine. It also improves the quality of my hair, so much so I don't brush my hair anymore, rather I comb my hair with my fingers.

For Touch of Silver click on PRO:VOKE Touch Of Silver Hits the High Street - YouTube

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've been mostly sticking to the same routine I've had for quite a while now.. I'm still getting break outs during TTOTM, which the mask is helping with, but I've added a few things I got my hands on cheap at the flea market.

Boire cleanser + neutrogena moisturizer during the day, some burt's bees spot treatment, let dry, dust everything with sunscreen powder.

At night, exfoliate with a microfiber waffle cloth, biore cleanser, C&C gel moisturizer, Retin-A script.

Mask a few days in a row when I notice break outs. Sanitizing my phone at work during the shift with super industrial grade hospital sanitizers.

Things I have gaps in still: A moisturizer mask to soothe my skin when I have to take a break from the Retin-A cream.

I'm intersted in this K-beauty thing because my skin is 1. sensitive 2. really thin and pale 3. I'm tired of Retin-A cream sooo much... it works, but all of my freckles are gone because of it, and my face frequently looks like a big red blotchy mess very easily...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm intersted in this K-beauty thing because my skin is 1. sensitive 2. really thin and pale 3. I'm tired of Retin-A cream sooo much... it works, but all of my freckles are gone because of it, and my face frequently looks like a big red blotchy mess very easily...

I would recommend trying it and this is the issue I was having - redness/blotchy. One thing I will tell you, I used a Clarasoinic on my skin daily before I went to the k-skincare. I don't need it anymore to exfoliate. The AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner exfoliates and I can skip an extra product/step in my routine too (saves money). For now, I'm so in love with the silky sheet masks, my face has never felt this moisturized in the middle of winter in my entire life. I'm also happy to not be using anything with microbeads. Those get in Lake Michigan (can't filter them) and I don't want to contribute to that.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Got this recently:

Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara (in Carbon Black)

Healthy-Lengths-Mascara_Carbon-Black01_320x385.jpg

Big fan, so far. Lashes stay soft to the touch. No smudging, despite the fact that it's not waterproof. Doesn't run in the rain. Washed off easily with a basic facial cleanser. No lash loss, seems really gentle.
One coat adds a little length & pigment for enhancing a more 'natural' effect; 2 coats amps it up a bit. Beyond that, it'll start to clump up & look like crap, but you don't need more than 2 coats, anyway.

Just thought I'd share.