User Tag List

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    INTJ

I adore Monistat chafing gel as a primer. I used to spend ~40 dollars on Benefit Porefessional, which is pretty much the same thing with a little tint, 1/4 the amount, and 7x the price!

I only use Monistat now.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post

I adore Monistat chafing gel as a primer. I used to spend ~40 dollars on Benefit Porefessional, which is pretty much the same thing with a little tint, 1/4 the amount, and 7x the price!

I only use Monistat now.
    I use a tinted moisturizer vs foundation, so I don't really need a primer (it just feels too heavy) - but I'm prescribed Retin-A cream for acne- a side effect of it is temporary peeling/irritation. I've found applying the Monistat chafe relief gel over the Retin-A (+ a night cream) before bed seems to reduce a lot of that peeling. It's breathable, too, so, no concerns with it breaking me out. Hopefully the manufacturer never catches wind of how versatile this stuff is. They'd probably jack up the price.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Interesting!!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm now in a job where I HAVE to wear makeup as part of the "brand image".

It's bizarre to go from not wearing any to having to wear it every time I go to work. I mean, I LOVE makeup, but I'm just so gosh darn lazy normally to wear it.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I just got done watching this lady do her thing, and I think I'm going to give it a try. There's two main things missing from my total hair-care-ish routine right now and that's shampoo that I love and am not scared to use whenever I want.. and something to make my scalp stop itching and be all dry and flaky. Moisturizing it helps, but if I moisturize it everyday I get build up, have to wash, and then it dries it all out again. I like ACV rinses and use them occasionally with mint tea.. so I'm thinking maybe some herb-infused ACV in my hair trying this girl's technique out to see if it'll help?

Also, my acne has been pretty well controlled lately with the use of 2 masks on a daily basis instead of 1-2x a week. Zinc and sulphur mask in the evening, and after that's dry and done, microfiber cloth on my face to scrub it, and then a honey mask, literally just cheap honey, for about an hour or 4.. and rinse that off. I've been using witch hazel before I do the rest of it all. We'll see how it does all month long though.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

I'm fascinated by how subtly (and boldly) makeup can change the way you look, but I'm far too lazy to bother with anything that takes longer than 5 minutes or requires touchup later in the day!
    (I also have a tendency to forget that I have eye makeup on, and reflexively rub my eyes... oh no)

effective, comfortable, and easy to use: my key guidelines for selecting beauty products.
    I generally don't use mascara because I wear glasses and spend several hours each week in microbio and chem labs. Too much of a liability.
    I have light/neutral toned combination skin, partial monolids and short (but not sparse) eyelashes. My eyelid shape has made it pretty difficult to find flattering makeup ideas, since neither monolid nor double lid looks work for me..

Skincare
    Glow Tonic by Pixi - this is the only 'optional' skincare product I use. It's had an incredible effect on reducing acne and improving complexion overall.
    Aside from some small blemishes I can now pretty much do away with foundation and concealer. I swear by it!

Makeup
    I'm a huge fan of the Pixi brand as most of their products suit my skin type very well and cater to a natural look. Pixi is more expensive than drugstore brands but I have found the quality to be well worth the price.

Eyeliner: Endless Silky Eye Pen by Pixi
    These pens don't make the sharpest lines but they're vibrant enough to be used as eyeliners, and most importantly, they're easy to use and don't budge once dry (silicone-based). They're not entirely opaque but can be blended, built up, layered, or even used as a primer.. I also experimented with liquid and gel liners in the past but found that my eyelid shape and difficulty of use made them poor choices for me.

Eyeshadow: Lid Last Shadow Pen by Pixi and Color Tattoo by Maybelline
    The Lid Last pens are my daily go-to. They also stay decently well throughout the day and hold up through accidental eye rubbing! :D I just wish it came in a white color so I could use it as a highlighter as well.
    I use Color Tattoo when I'm feeling fancier, it's a lot more annoying to apply but gives me sharper lines and contrast. The consistency varies between pots. I have Audacious Asphalt, Barely Branded and Too Cool. AA and TC feel somewhat 'dry' and a bit crumbly while BB is creamy and easy to apply.

I also mess around with powder/pigment eyeshadow for color and contour purposes but generally can't be bothered, especially if I have lab or expect to have a long day.

Ti > true neutral:514:LII:RluEI:ISA < Ni
    Likes Calliope liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    This charcoal mask has been a decent exfoliator for my face once/twice a week. Best used in the shower.
    The brand is kinda gimmicky, but the product itself is good. It's not 'all natural' - but the chemical additives are fairly limited.

https://www.freemanbeauty.com/produc...polishing-mask

I've used a few sample sized activated charcoal cleansers, and while they haven't irritated my skin or anything, I see no remarkable difference in my skin beyond what I get from cleansers containing salicyclic acid instead. That charcoal mask is definitely a favorite in terms of scrubs, though. It is rather coarse, so a gentle hand is necessary. Makes my skin really soft afterward. Sunscreen's even more important if you're using a strong exfoliant, though, so it's good to keep that in mind. Sunscreens containing titanium dioxide & zinc oxide minerals (natural physical barriers) are good for sensitive skinned people & those who are trying to limit chemical products.

*tips hat*
    grazie.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I feel somewhat like Patrick Bateman minus the psycho tendencies.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I feel somewhat like Patrick Bateman minus the psycho tendencies.
    Don't tell me you use concealer.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Woaden View Post
    Don't tell me you use concealer.
    Makeup is the only thing left for me to become a true metrosexual, but I don't like makeup so I'll never truly be one.