• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Philosophy's Take A Deep Breath Oil-Free Oxygenating Gel Cream. I don't have oily skin but in summer it's more combination. I like it a lot with eye cream for night time. I just can't figure out why the flakes after several months and it's a newer jar.

You were probably correct about the change in weather having an effect. It's either not doing enough for you right now, something in it is irritating your skin or you might consider getting an exfoliator. If it's just dryness, the exfoliator will make the product you're using absorb better. Could make it worse if it's an irritation issue, though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to probably post my shopping list for final approval from you and [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] before I commit. There's so much shit to buy, dude. Apparently you have to do double face cleaning? :huh:

The website says that you're supposed to introduce them gradually. How long did it take you guys to incorporate everything into your routine? Did you deal with breakouts or anything when you started?

IDK....it depends on the product, what you have used before and how sensitive your skin is.

I used tazarotene (a strong, prescription retinoid, similar to retin-a) for years and benzoyl peroxide besides that, so all the products I use now are incredibly gentle by comparison. I didnt start a whole new routine at once, just gradually trying new things, but I dont see the issue as long as its not too harsh. Of course, it can all depend on your skin and its sensitivity.

The stuff I have used did not give me initial breakouts. It soothes my skin. Inflamed acne is not "purging". The pores are irritated and there is an infection. I suppose whiteheads/black heads could be purging of clogged pores, but generally I don't think a breakout is a good sign.
What I have learned over the years is that harsh products are generally not good in the long-run, and moisturizing is underrated for soothing inflamed breakouts. Products with active ingredients (ie AHAs, BHAs, retinols) should be formulated to be as gentle as possible (ie no alcohol is a good sign), and you dont want to layer too many at a time, true. Anything like that, you may want to "build up" over time.

You dont have to do a double anything. If you wear makeup, you may simply want to use a remover before washing. I mainly only do that when I wear eye makeup or heavier foundation. Otherwise, one facewash is enough.

IDK if that helps any. :shrug:

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm going to probably post my shopping list for final approval from you and [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] before I commit. There's so much shit to buy, dude. Apparently you have to do double face cleaning? :huh:

The website says that you're supposed to introduce them gradually. How long did it take you guys to incorporate everything into your routine? Did you deal with breakouts or anything when you started?

I pretty much use the Reddit's Asian Beauty holy grail threads for tips. I can't add more value than that since I try to buy cruelty free, and that is difficult to find.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has anybody ever brought anything from Besame Cosmetics? I think their vintage veneer is super cute and I'm curious about it's mascara cake and lipsticks.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For those who like winged or "cat eye" eyeliner, this seems promising:

Perfect Winged Liner Is In Your Future With Vamp Stamp - Huffington Post

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
For those who like winged or "cat eye" eyeliner, this seems promising:

Perfect Winged Liner Is In Your Future With Vamp Stamp - Huffington Post

tramp_stamp.jpg

:coffee:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:laugh: Pretty sure the "Tramp Stamp" has universal recognition, nowadays. Some backpieces are pretty cool, regardless of location, though.
Funniest tramp stamp I've ever seen was on this ESTP guy who texted me unsolicited photos of his wiener, yrs ago.

Tattoo said, HAULIN A$$. Just, painful.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:laugh: Pretty sure the "Tramp Stamp" has universal recognition, nowadays. Some backpieces are pretty cool, regardless of location, though.
Funniest tramp stamp I've ever seen was on this ESTP guy who texted me unsolicited photos of his wiener, yrs ago.

Tattoo said, HAULIN A$$. Just, painful.

Dick pics, always classy :coffee:

was the tramp stamp on around his front nether region? :laugh:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dick pics, always classy :coffee:

was the tramp stamp on around his front nether region? :laugh:

No, it was on his lower back. *shakes head*

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was he aware that he was gay ?

Well, if he was sending dickpix to me/hit on me in other obnoxious ways, I'm assuming he's hetero or bisexual. I think he just thought the tattoo was funny, in a very basic, non-ironic way (hur-dur-huhhuh BUTTS). Muscular, tattooed guy with a bike - a lot of women were attracted to him in high school & into the 20's. I always thought he had an apelike skull structure & personality to match, though. :shrug:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well, if he was sending dickpix to me/hit on me in other obnoxious ways, I'm assuming he's hetero or bisexual. I think he just thought the tattoo was funny, in a very basic, non-ironic way. Muscular, tattooed guy with a bike - a lot of women were attracted to him in high school & into the 20's. I always thought he had an apelike skull structure & personality to match, though. :shrug:

You can act sophisticated all you want. But you can't hide the stiring in your loins woman.
uh wait, no actually you can.

Damn you biology.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can act sophisticated all you want. But you can't hide the stiring in your loins woman.
uh wait, no actually you can.

Damn you biology.

HA. But really.. dumb men with dumb faces aren't appealing. That guy was the only guy I've ever actually laughed at (privately, not to his face) for hitting on me. Tactics had to have worked on some people in the past. Which.. just hurts my brain. :C

But, we're getting off-topic, here. This is a makeup/beauty/health products thread, bear.
Care to share your fancy french grooming techniques with us?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
HA. But really.. dumb men with dumb faces aren't appealing. That guy was the only guy I've ever actually laughed at (privately, not to his face) for hitting on me. Tactics had to have worked on some people in the past. Which.. just hurts my brain. :C

But, we're getting off-topic, here. This is a makeup/beauty/health products thread, bear.
Care to share your fancy french grooming techniques with us?

Yes @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/5159.html" target="_blank">Lexicon</a>, no off topic posts please *shakes head*
I use uh, that multi purpose thingie (mask + scrub ) and apply a small bit of cream on my face afterwards.

But my main advise would be

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/5159.html" target="_blank">Lexicon</a>, no off topic posts please *shakes head*
I use uh, that multi purpose thingie (mask + scrub ) and apply a small bit of cream on my face afterwards.

But my main advise would be

Well, that isn't very fancy at all.
You disappoint me.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well, that isn't very fancy at all.
You disappoint me.

It's amazing though. Clears up my skin.
Also not smoking 2 packs a day helps.

You're just jealous of my firm boobs and smooth skin.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You were probably correct about the change in weather having an effect. It's either not doing enough for you right now, something in it is irritating your skin or you might consider getting an exfoliator. If it's just dryness, the exfoliator will make the product you're using absorb better. Could make it worse if it's an irritation issue, though.

It seems that I needed to upgrade the type of brush head I was using on my Clarisonic - from normal to deep pore. I also got my humidifier out a little earlier than usual - I put it on my nightstand and it really helps my skin in the colder months.