Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I have had good luck with the stila stay all day liner as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lue View Post

Has anyone tried any of the face products with charcoal in them?

This charcoal mask has been a decent exfoliator for my face once/twice a week. Best used in the shower.
    The brand is kinda gimmicky, but the product itself is good. It's not 'all natural' - but the chemical additives are fairly limited.

https://www.freemanbeauty.com/produc...polishing-mask

I've used a few sample sized activated charcoal cleansers, and while they haven't irritated my skin or anything, I see no remarkable difference in my skin beyond what I get from cleansers containing salicyclic acid instead. That charcoal mask is definitely a favorite in terms of scrubs, though. It is rather coarse, so a gentle hand is necessary. Makes my skin really soft afterward. Sunscreen's even more important if you're using a strong exfoliant, though, so it's good to keep that in mind. Sunscreens containing titanium dioxide & zinc oxide minerals (natural physical barriers) are good for sensitive skinned people & those who are trying to limit chemical products.

*tips hat*
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good waterproof liquid eyeliner?
    Eyeko. I really like it, despite it not really being waterproof, I still have to use makeup remove to remove it.

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    This charcoal mask has been a decent exfoliator for my face once/twice a week. Best used in the shower.
    The brand is kinda gimmicky, but the product itself is good. It's not 'all natural' - but the chemical additives are fairly limited.
    I've been using this too. I really like it so far!
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Best make up remover I've ever used: oil. Just oil with castor oil in it. Mascara used to make me SCRUB my eyeballs like crazy, all those milky "oooh la la" bullshits didn't ever work for me. I'd stick them on, then scrub them off.. and still have little streaks under my eyes the next morning. I dab like 30% castor oil + 70% of some other oil on my face and eyelashes, rub it in for a moment, and run pretty hot water on a microfiber cloth and all that stuff comes right off without really scrubbing at it all. If I could do OCM all the time I would (I'm lazy) because I think there is something do that.. but I just use it as make up remover right now. I run witch hazel on a cotton ball over my face after and no make up gets left behind, not even small black streaks from mascara and eyeliner.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Best make up remover I've ever used: oil. Just oil with castor oil in it. Mascara used to make me SCRUB my eyeballs like crazy, all those milky "oooh la la" bullshits didn't ever work for me. I'd stick them on, then scrub them off.. and still have little streaks under my eyes the next morning. I dab like 30% castor oil + 70% of some other oil on my face and eyelashes, rub it in for a moment, and run pretty hot water on a microfiber cloth and all that stuff comes right off without really scrubbing at it all. If I could do OCM all the time I would (I'm lazy) because I think there is something do that.. but I just use it as make up remover right now. I run witch hazel on a cotton ball over my face after and no make up gets left behind, not even small black streaks from mascara and eyeliner.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

@Codex I found that french stuff just tended to be way cooler than american stuff.

I use a saline rinse all the time for allergies, and the french one I used lasted twice as long and was cheaper and gentler than the gentle ones here in the US.

But that stuff is no where near as cheap as castor oil + sunflower or almond oil.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

For anyone with sensitive eyes, this is the gentlest eye make remover:

AVOID this, it'll burn your eyes:

For those with acne-prone skin, I strongly recommend that you don't use natural make-up as it will exacerbate your condition (because they're large molecules and therefore will block your pores).

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Surprisingly good

I have this in the undercover pot version, it's one of my favourite concealers. I really love Laura Mercier's products because they're not thick or sticky. Have you tried her translucent loose setting powder? It's the best powder I'd used. Her faux mascara is incredible, too but it's only for going out.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Somehow I always end up stumbling across Mary Kay people, in my life -- had two friends in high school who sold products, and a coworker invited me to someone's Mary Kay party last year -- so I usually use the Mary Kay brand of eye makeup remover. It's pretty efficient, in that you don't have to use a lot of it to remove all your eye makeup, and it doesn't irritate my eyes like other brands do.

@kyuuei how much do those oils cost? Where do you get them?
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

planning to use some tea tree essential oil for my face. anyone have any experience with it?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.