User Tag List

Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@kyuuei: Meant to update that after a month of using it, and the short answer is that I wouldn't recommend it. My hair seemed a lot healthier, but my scalp didn't like it much at all. Might just move back to sulfate shampoo -- I always had good luck with TreSemme.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Products I use pretty much every day:

Lancome "Gloss In Love" is the first lipgloss I've tried to be not sticky. Everyone wants to say, oh this gloss isn't sticky. THIS one is the only one I have found that to be completely true with.

L'Oreal Silkissime Eyeliner is a dupe for Urban Decay's Perversion 24/7 liner pencil. Then I did some research and discovered that many prestige brands are produced by the L'Oreal company as well.

The Tarte Full Coverage Powder Foundation is the lightest powder I have found. I really like the coverage and the fact that it's not a liquid

The Juice Beauty CC Cream is my go to moisturizer under foundation. I think it provides a litter color correcting and helps my makeup glide on more smoothly.

Other than that, I use the Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 quite a bit, and I have a few mascaras that I use, but nothing to write home about.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Face stuff- Spiezia is my absolute favorite (when I can afford it), when I can't 100% Pure.
    Perfume- I usually wear a really cheap scented oil called Frankincense and Myrrh, but I love Fresh Sake.
    Makeup- I don't wear much of it anymore. Benetint was one of my favorites, but I tried to lessen the amount of chemicals I put on my skin so I use 100% Pure Cranberry Glow.
    Hair: Coconut Oil is a favorite.
    Health Products: I love apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and good essential oils. Right now I'm using DoTerra.
    Soap: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap
    Deodorant: The only natural deodorant that has ever really worked for me is Herbal Sport, but I can't get that all the time. So I usually stick with Tom's, and just re-apply.

Has anyone tried any of the face products with charcoal in them?

MBTI
    INTJ

Surprisingly good

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Clean & Clear discontinued their oil-absorbing treatment (I know the site says "NEW!" but it's not new.. & I emailed them to check, & they confirmed).. anyone know of a cheap[ & noncomedogenic] mattifying cream that works?
    Humidity is making my skin too shiny for comfort.

Also, update- this sunscreen is now my all-time my favorite, for my face. Been using it a few months now. Doesn't make my face shiny (or any worse, my skin tends to be oily, & even so, it doesn't melt off if I overheat). Matches my skin perfectly, & the tint just subtly evens out my skin tone. Use some Neutrogena shine ctrl pressed powder to set it, & I'm good to go. The amount of zinc oxide in this stuff is awesome. 9%. Most sunscreens containing even 2% zinc oxide leave a weird white cast.. but not this. Zinc's pretty much the best UVA/UVB blocker you can use. If you're pale, I'd suggest trying this. Even if you're not, maybe try it under your foundation (maybe it'll just add a little brightness without looking mismatched? ). Little goes a long way.
    EltaMD
    If you order it from Dermstore.com, you get cool samples, & their return policy is decent.

I also use this concealer on my recent surgical scars, as it's non-irritating, minimizes redness, & is SPF 30, and when it comes to scars, you can never really have too much sun protection.. especially with fresh scars.

Dermablend Quick-Fix Concealer with SPF30 sunscreen, Ivory
    (not sure why it has low reviews on drugstore.com. It's fantastic. Lasts. Looks natural.) It's expensive, but 1 tube lasts a whole year, which is just enough time in terms of SPF expiration, too.

(I use physician's formula SPF30 loose powder (translucent light) for a 2nd sunscreen application if I've gone out in the afternoon (Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% Zinc Oxide 10%). If I go out earlier, though, I use one of these witch hazel towelletes to remove the EltaMD sunscreen after a few hrs, & reapply it. Then the P.F. powder counts as a 3rd application about 2h later. Needless to say, I'm pretty religious about proper sunscreen application.

These things^ are great for if you get all sweaty/gross & don't have time/access to a sink to clean up.
    I use them on my face/neck. Cools you off & helps prevent breakouts.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Member Array Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

C.O Bigelow's rose salve. You can put it on exceptionally dry parts of your skin and make it good as new. I use it as a lip balm and on my cuticles.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Can anyone recommend a good waterproof liquid eyeliner?
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I like the Kat Von D Ink Liner
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I've had good luck with Maybelline's Master Kajal waterproof eyeliner (it's more like a super soft crayon... went with that after I couldn't find waterproof liquid liner in navy blue before my patience ran out) I spent all day outside in the hot weather wearing it for a long weekend and it didn't budge
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Still using Soultanicals stuff, I've been getting more and more compliments on my hair as of lately.

I added a treatment oil to the mix, and that stuff is lovely and adds tons of shine to my hair. My dandruff problems aren't perfect or anything but mostly that's my own lazy ass's fault. Overall, great products and the solution I've been looking for coupled with a couple Lush products.

Now I'm working on finding decent face products.. I'm a fan of witch hazel and will continue to use that. I don't have a decent wash I love yet, but I am using honey as an after mask mask and that's helping. No moisturizers I love either..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge