User Tag List

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I bought a couple products I want to say good things about:

Soapwalla deodorant - an all natural deodorant recipe that actually works, sort of. It still has a slew of con's since it's all natural: it doesn't stop sweat, it has powders in it so it'll get black clothes powdery, and it's not as powerful as antiperspirants. With that said, I'm pleased with it. It's great for when I'm going running/working out and I don't care if I'm sweating, or if I'm going to bed since I don't care about sweating then either. It's pretty powerful when you first apply it, and I wish it came in other scents, but if I shower in the morning and put this stuff on it'll really keep me smelling good all day if I'm not sweating massively. I'm going to put it to Texas summer testing this summer and see how it fairs. So if anyone was looking at switching to all natural, this one might be given a try. (I was told to wash your armpits with a bit of ACV/water with all natural DO's to neutralize some of the baking soda on them.)

Soultanicals Fluffalicious Conditioner - I'm buying other things from this product line (just waiting for them to ship), but I bought a tub of the conditioner to see if it would help my hair. And it did. I have zero complaints about this product. A little goes a long way, it smells great and keeps smelling great long after I've washed my hair, it isn't an overpowering smell, and it helped kill some of the after-henna smell in my hair which usually lasts over a week.. I suspect it to be completely out in 3-4 days. You can apply it dry or wet, and the ingredient list is agreeable for someone trying to switch to more natural products but still wanting convenience in commercial product.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    recommendations for a very very gentle, affordable, mascara?
    http://www.humblebeeandme.com/diy-na...ctually-works/ This girl has a DIY recipe, which probably is a bit gentler since it doesn't need preservatives and stuff (and I bet for the price of the ingredients/amount needed per recipe you could make a decent amount for literally years for a fraction of commercial brand stuff). I suspect you probably don't want to spend actual time making beauty products.. but if commercial products continue to bug you a lot, maybe this would be an alternative? It really is a "mix together and apply" recipe, so no special tools or anything needed. Just a container and brush.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISFP

MAC Fluidline! I adore this eyeliner. It goes on super clean and lasts for at least eight hours.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper in Venice - Prettiest sheer lipstick. Ever. It's a very natural-looking dark neutral (brownish) pink. I'm a fair-skinned redhead but I think it would look good on almost anyone.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I've been using an all natural shampoo bar that I picked up at a local herbal shop. I love how it makes my hair feel.

Also, I've found that their body bar soaps leave me feeling much cleaner than store brands. No residue and they smell great.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

Ladies, what's a good, subtle scent you'd recommend that my wife might enjoy on me? She hates anything that smells, in her words, "too chemically"

And please don't say patchouli.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Paco Rabanne One Million, used extremely sparingly
    or
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Put whatever you try on at least an hour before she's going to smell it, so it can have time to dry down well. That should help with the "chemically" thing.

About the eyelash dye thing - many salons will tint your eyelashes. Some you have to ask, they don't always have it on the list of services.

MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    937 sp/so

CoverGirl LashBlash Fusion Mascara (in Very Black) is the best mascara I've ever tried. Every time I've switched brands I've come back to this one.
    “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” - Hermann Hesse

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

best mascara i've ever used. in brownish black.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    best mascara i've ever used. in brownish black.
    I use the same (or similar) kind from that brand!

Physician's Formula Organic wear®100% Natural Lash Boosting Mascara (in Ultra-Black)

One claim is that it contains a serum to boost lash growth, protect present lashes. I have fairly thick ones to begin with, and I haven't seen much difference in that regard. I'll usually to go w/mascaras that contain 'serums' because they do tend to be more moisturizing than others.

The overall effect of this mascara well surpassed my expectations. The brush bristles are super-short and very hard, compared to others. Perfect separation, never any clumps. Lashes stay soft all day, too (even after it dries, which does take slightly longer than other brands I've used). You don't have that gross, stiff, dried-out result. I assume it's the beeswax in the product.

It does wash off easily with some eye makeup remover (and yes, it runs if you cry), but I've always heard waterproof mascaras were quite bad for you.

Anyway, highly recommend. You can find it easily in drugstores.

Physician's Formula also carries a nice broad-spectrum SPF-30 loose powder I like a lot. High concentrations of Zinc Oxide, which is a great physical UVA/UVB barrier. Not as a primary sunscreen, though, as powders and sprays are not recognized by the FDA as effective sun protection. Every little bit helps though, right?

Physician's Formula Mineral Wear™Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30 (in Translucent Light)

I like that the brush is connected by a magnet inside, and also has a plastic cover to protect it from other cosmetics or dirt, but the overall 'egg' shape is a bit cumbersome if you take it with you places for touch-ups. Usually the clear cover cracks after a month or so, but it still holds together, ime.

It does deliver a nice airbrushed-looking result. Gentle on skin, too.
    Shades run a bit dark, so I'd suggest going a shade lighter than usual if any of you wanna try it.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Ladies, what's a good, subtle scent you'd recommend that my wife might enjoy on me? She hates anything that smells, in her words, "too chemically"

And please don't say patchouli.
    I hate perfumes/colognes, personally. They all smell like drain-cleaner to me. Are you sure you need one? Your wife may prefer your natural scent a lot (assuming you're clean/wear at least a deodorant of some kind).
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.