Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You might have seen this by now, it's gone viral, but I thought it would be interesting to toss in here. I was kind of amazed at how bad her acne actually was/is, compared to how she can cover it enough to land modeling jobs.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex33wtqnNz8"]Covering Acne[/YOUTUBE]

I feel kind of fortunate that my skin is so good and I don't have to deal with this. (I have more trouble with my brows and eyeshadow.)
    wow, I'm impressed, considering how much of a pain it is to cover even a few zits. Expensive makeup does help, I guess. *takes notes* Although I'd be worried about coating it in makeup making it break out even more.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

WOW. Just wow.

figsfiggyfigs

Very impressive.

Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Domino and I have had trouble with break outs on our faces, upper chests, and backs since we were teenagers. We FINALLY found something that stops it, or at least heals it very very quickly. Dont know if anyone else here has problem skin that's also sensitive, but here's the product.

http://www.vitacost.com/CSI-Vitamin-C-12-Youth-Serum

And at $15.00, it doesnt make you want to scream and clutch your wallet. Well, at least not because you paid too much for something. Sometimes I still like to scream and clutch just for fun.
    7w6 so/sx

" The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

figsfiggyfigs

Feels so good, I want to be constantly rubbing my face.

figsfiggyfigs

Holy fuck.

MBTI
    INTP

Went Christmas shopping at Sephora the other day and ended up with two things for myself. It's not my fault they make the fun gift sets at Christmas, at such great prices! :-D

One of the things I got (Can't find a pic right now) is a set of lip glosses and lipsticks/lipstains, with stuff from Lancome, Tarte, Benefit, Kat von D, Buxom, etc. All in shades I will use! Also got a great Bare Minerals set for $20 with two eyeshadows, full mascara and liner, and a gorgeous red lip gloss thing. And I'm getting the Naked palette for Christmas from my sister! Squee!
    Something Witty

Coming to this thread late in the day and not wanting to review the whole thing, is there a lot of products included in this which may be for men or is this really a ladies thread? Also does anyone have a simple rule for telling the cosmetic con trick from the genuine product which is going to provide benefit?

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Coming to this thread late in the day and not wanting to review the whole thing, is there a lot of products included in this which may be for men or is this really a ladies thread? Also does anyone have a simple rule for telling the cosmetic con trick from the genuine product which is going to provide benefit?
    I don't recall seeing any men products in this thread and unfortunately I'm not up on them. As for the bolded, doing your research helps. With makeup I watch/read reviews and just do good old fashion testing at the makeup counter. I'm also concerned about ingredients, which is why I like all-natural makeups. With skincare, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I like all-natural products (i.e. ones that are organic or that I make myself) or going with what a dermatologist recommend. I completely stay away from skincare products sold in department stores.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I went to Sephora the other day and found a lipstick I love- Intimidation. Fitting name. I mixed a little with Seduction and mischievously smiled at guys in stores.

If you want really nice skin, here is something that works for me- sugar and oil. About half and half. Maybe a little more sugar for more exfoliation.

I start out with a warm or hot shower and after I shave/wash I scrub my body with the mixture. It makes my skin so soft and smooth. During this, I turn the water down to cold (pretty much when I feel like I am getting too hot). The cold water makes my hair really, really shiny.

It is good, especially if I don't have lotion/body butter (body butter is my new favorite thing to moisturize with). I would also recommend if you are planning on wearing a dress or skirt or shorts (without tights/stockings, of course). It makes your legs shine in a really sexy way.

For acne- neem oil. I hate the smell of it, but I must confess, it is a miracle for acne. You can get some at those health supplement stores. We have this:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...&aparam=319622

and if I break out, I apply. Even if you are at the apex of acne, it works amazingly.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex