User Tag List

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer - Works miracles. Can't live without it. (Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. )
    totally agree, i really like this primer too! though it has silicone in it,
    so it has a slippery feeling to it. it's really hot where i am, and some
    days i just don't like that greasy feeling i get from it? how does it work
    in the summers for you?

have you tried make up forever's hd primer? it has a more lotiony feel
    which i actually prefer and it's oil free. it leaves a nice matte feeling
    on skin, and i feel my skin 'breathes' better. (i have combination skin,
    with very dry cheeks). get a sampler from sephora!

I used to have chipped nails after two days..... Now, with Orly Bonder and Won't Chip, and Opi Nail Lacquer, I can keep a manicure for two weeks with minimal maintenance.
    i love OPI and Sephora by OPI. my current fave is I'm Wired:
    (opaque electric coral red)

i love it, i do just one coat on my nails, and it's
    this beautiful sheer coral pinkish colour, and do
    a double coat on my toenails.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post

I really like the Poisetint, which is the only other tint I've tried--I find it 'streaks' more often than the benetint, which appears more natural imo. They don't have benefit products in Sweden. Not that I've noticed at least. So my sister usually gets me a few from Dubai, or Canada. Next time I'm in Canada, I'm going to try all of their stuff.

You're right about Benetint, it lasts FOR EVER. The only issue with me is, I'm always accidentally knocking it over...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

totally agree, i really like this primer too! though it has silicone in it,
    so it has a slippery feeling to it. it's really hot where i am, and some
    days i just don't like that greasy feeling i get from it? how does it work
    in the summers for you?
    I have dry, aging skin and live in a drier climate, so I like a little grease. The original formula does me well. I have problems with my makeup drying out and then sticking to my face, and making me look worse.

have you tried make up forever's hd primer? it has a more lotiony feel
    which i actually prefer and it's oil free. it leaves a nice matte feeling
    on skin, and i feel my skin 'breathes' better. (i have combination skin,
    with very dry cheeks). get a sampler from sephora!

Haven't tried this one, but I will make sure and test it in the store (and ask for a sample ha).

i love OPI and Sephora by OPI. my current fave is I'm Wired:
    (opaque electric coral red)

i love it, i do just one coat on my nails, and it's
    this beautiful sheer coral pinkish colour, and do
    a double coat on my toenails.
    Pretty color. I got the Opi sampler for Christmas, and I've been using it all year. Love it.

ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have oily, sensitive skin, so I look for products which keep my face from sliding off in warm weather.

My favorite eyeshadow primer, by far: Urban Decay Primer Potion (I like the champagne shade)

I'm a mineral makeup user since the powder is better for my shiny face & I find it non-irritating. My favorite foundation is Everyday Minerals, Intensive Formula, in Olive Fair. I only use this for a winter shade, as they discontinued my summer shade (boo!):

I'm actually using Bare Minerals for summer now, in Golden Fair, but ONLY the matte formula. The regular formula has a weird sheen & seems to exacerbate acne.

I love Korres Lip Butter. It feels like a balm, creamy & not sticky, but it has color still, so it looks like a lipstick with sheen or a not-too-shiny lip gloss:

I like their glosses for a similar reason, although they are glossier & therefore a tad stickier:
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

Next stop - ISFP Array Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Nixi
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

I'm a MAC girl, all the way:

These days I lean towards their mineral line, which has a very sheer but nice feel to it. I wear only the powder when I'm just staying at home, and use their cream foundation or satinfinish mineral foundation for more special occasions and more coverage.

I have their new mineral eyeshadows as well:

I love the different colours in them, and as they're handmade and baked, each one has different amounts of those colours. This one turns out into a very layered and deep grey. It shimmers slightly, and slides on well. The only downside I feel, is that it doesn't have as much staying power as their normal eyeshadows (which I also have a few off). They also all have that shine to them, which is beautiful, but not always the effect you're going for. I also hope they keep expanding on the colour range, as they have a phenomenal range in their normal collection but are just getting started on their mineral range.

Aside from that, my favorite lipstick of all times has got to be Ruby woo:

especially when paired with Russian Red Lipglass, for a killer finish on special occasions:

I stick usually with a pink Lip conditioner during the day, though I have several lipsticks as welll.

I am looking to try out OPI nail polishes, simply coz Mac doens't have that many different shades and I'm stil looking for an icy lavender one

I'm still trying out skin care products, but i haven't found a brand that I'm fully comfortable with yet. For now I'm using Nuxe:

...which does smell and feel like heaven in a jar..kinda like going to a spa. I'm still testing to see what my skin thinks of it after 6 weeks
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

I love Omorovicza Gold Sugar Scrub and Glam Glow self-tanning lotion.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I use Mac stuff pretty exclusive for foundation/skin and blush, but the price usually means I look for cheaper alternatives for other types of makeup.

I'm still playing around with other areas, but I like Urban Decay for my eyeliner. However, it's a smudgy style (not a precise line).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I swear by Nutrogena facial cleansing products now, because I have sensitive combination skin and still break out. I use the old-fashioned Nutrogena clear glycerine acne-bar when I'm low on cash, but I swear by the Nutrogena redness relieving wash in the green bottle...it is actually THE BEST stuff to wash my face in, because I'm prone to redness on my cheeks from skin sensitivity or rosacea or something.

I still have to moisturize even though I break out, and I find that these Garnier Nutritioniste products are great for moisturing without clogging up my pores.

But because I am also terrified of looking old, I dish out more money for this L'Oreal Collagen Micropulse for my eyes and Collagen Filler for around the eye and lip area.

I tend to not be very consistent about what make-up I use (though maybe I should be?) but I prefer this L'Oreal Voluminous liquid eye-liner in blackest black.

I'm addicted to chapstick and lip gloss, but I just grab whatever looks nice. Strawberry flavor is wonderful for clear lip gloss! Is that childish? Um...oops?
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

B&BW Intense Moisture Body Butter - Another good value from B&BW. I use this not because it is the best, but because it's the best I've found for the money. The scents are nice, and it leaves my skin feeling nicely moisturized without being sticky. The consistency is thick, and I like thicker creams.
    Oohh...that reminds me that I just discovered this stuff! It feels great on my skin and doesn't have an overpowering smell that could clash with perfumes or other scented products.

I like Bath and Body Works for similar products (sugar scrubs and body butters, et al) but haven't been there in a while. When I do I love Japanese Cherry Blossom!!!

I also like the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy line, like citrus-y sugar scrubs and the other Aromatherapy products with bergamot in it.

Speaking of aromatherapy, I'm also partial to things like lavender oil for relaxation.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma