User Tag List

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    any tips on acquiring makeup for non-staggering prices? I went to look at the primers after the advice here and a tiny bottle of smashbox primer was 50$!! I was expecting higher prices than the drugstore stuff but not 5-10x higher....do they at least have sales or something?
    http://www.hey-dollface.com/2010/07/...to-finish.html

The Sephora brand tends to be the least-expensive in the store. I think the quality is a little better than drugstore, but less-than-premium. It's still good stuff. Smashbox primers basically never go on sale. That would be nice! Although sometimes Sephora runs 10-20% off everything, if you sign up for their website e-mails, but this is only a couple of times a year, that I have caught. I am not a member of the Smashbox website, however, and maybe they run specials sometimes.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Today I bought Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara. I love it. It has a silicone brush that's supposed to prevent clumping. I also bought Benefit's BAD gal waterproof eye liner that's supposed to not run and stay on for 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Today I bought Benefit's "They're Real" Mascara. I love it. It has a silicone brush that's supposed to prevent clumping. I also bought Benefit's BAD gal waterproof eye liner that's supposed to not run and stay on for 10 hours.

i've heard soooooo much about they're real!
    it's all the rage on the beauty blogs! i normally
    stick to asian brand mascaras, or else i get
    'panda eyed'. but this is really tempting to try.

and i loooove the badgal eyeliners. i used to
    use the big fat stick. i use this waterproof one
    for my waterline! (have you tried urban decay
    24/7 liners?) i think benefit's packaging for the
    eyeliner is the still the best of its class. i love the
    smudger sponge.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    any tips on acquiring makeup for non-staggering prices? I went to look at the primers after the advice here and a tiny bottle of smashbox primer was 50$!! I was expecting higher prices than the drugstore stuff but not 5-10x higher....do they at least have sales or something?
    http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...mer/-Corrector
    Avon Magix is favorably compared to Smashbox and costs $10 or less. I'd be happy to send you a sample (I am not affiliated in any way). I buy two or three when they go on sale for, like, $7.50 or whatever it is -- cheap. You use an amount about the size of a pea for your whole face.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I do not like patchouli oil.
    Why was it ever invented?
    Can't the gorgeous hippie girls find a new scent?

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

All righty then!
    Note to self: ditch the patchouli around teh Halla

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I've decided that I'm going to try more all natural makeup, because, well, I just like it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    and i loooove the badgal eyeliners. i used to
    use the big fat stick. i use this waterproof one
    for my waterline! (have you tried urban decay
    24/7 liners?)
    i think benefit's packaging for the
    eyeliner is the still the best of its class. i love the
    smudger sponge.
    Nope, but I'm a big Urban Decay fan. I currently use their primers and makeup remover and I still use a couple of their old pressed power blushes that I wish they never discontinued because the colors are beautiful. :sad:

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I do not like patchouli oil.
    Why was it ever invented?
    Can't the gorgeous hippie girls find a new scent?

Ditto. I really dislike that scent. You can smell it when you're walking in crowds in NorCal.

I've decided that I'm going to try more all natural makeup, because, well, I just like it. Anyone have any suggestions?
    On application or particular brands?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I really like Tarte, and I've chosen it for day makeup, after trying many varieties. Tarte offers a really natural look.

http://tartecosmetics.com/skinvigorating-glossary.php describes the ingredients they use in their products. Many of their products are formulated without mineral oil, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, paraben, and sodium laurel sulfate. They are cruelty-free, dermatologically and clinically tested, and have natural fragrance.

The way Tarte describes themselves on their website:

"So I set out to create a line that would prove that glamour can be good for you by pioneering the use of high-performance naturals™ that bring clinical results to the everyday woman! Ten years later tarte is the leader in earth engineered™ beauty offering the widest selection of natural cosmetics full of skinvigorating™ ingredients including our proprietary t5 super fruit complex™ (a blend of the five most active, free-radical fighting super fruits), vitamins, minerals and natural fruit and plant extracts. But it’s not just about what’s in our healthy formulas; it’s what’s not in them that really sets us apart! Our products are formulated without parabens, phthalates and synthetic fragrances, just to name a few."

I use their primer some, which is very similar to the ever-popular Smashbox primer, shown here. http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item...te-face-primer It is basically a more-natural version of the Smashbox primer.

I also use the foundation, http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item...ing-foundation, and I love it, as it is very natural-looking for day.

I just bought this kit, http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item...nce-collection, the lip service limited-edition Lipsurgence collection. I love their lip tints, and this kit is an excellent deal. 5 full-size pencils for $29, as opposed to $24 for one, usually.

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item...n-and-ring-set I also bought this set. 3 mini-size cheek stains for $25. They blend really well, are quick to apply, and look very natural for day.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    On application or particular brands?
    Brands. I wish Lush made makeup.