User Tag List

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

MBTI
    GONE

@fidelia - 'fancy rinse'? A temporary color that washes out in a few. If your hair is dark, there is little chance of the color sticking around longer. However, you can't lighten your hair with temporary rinse so it limits your options. If you only want to cover the gray, there are also sprays and powders which will mask the greys.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sprays and powders do NOT appeal to me! I want something that feels like my normal hair and will not get on stuff. Fancy rinse? Is that the name brand or the category?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I kind of feel like I'm about to holler down a well, because I don't think you will be convinced, but I earnestly beg you to consider letting your hair do its thing. With fair skin and blue/green eyes, silvery hair will be gorgeous. You might really love it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Lol - my mum has that. She let it go grey naturally and then kind of rethought it later as it became more universally popular for women to dye their hair. She is teaching and figured that people think she looks much older than other people her age because of it. She asked her hairdresser about lowlights (realizing that it would look funny to suddenly have brown hair again) and her hairdresser refused because she thought my mum's hair was already a really nice colour and it would mess it up!

Mostly it's that my hair is long and curly. I'd like it long for awhile yet, but grey hair texture can make that combo look a little...witchy. I don't foresee dying my hair forever, but I'd kind of like to have brown hair for another 10 years or so anyway. I've never dyed my hair before and generally don't like it that it doesn't look natural when people do, even if they've done a nice job of it. It's also expensive to maintain, so I don't foresee going with anything very far off of what my hair usually is.

However Tilty, I will give your suggestion some thought...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's a real pain the butt to dye your hair when its long, and once you've done it, it is very hard to undo, so you either have to cut it all off or keep dying it. There are products to help with the texture issue, but again, you might find that you don't have texture issues. My hair is medium length and curly as you can see from my picture and I'm letting it get very long. So far, I get a lot of compliments.

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I LOVE silvery grey hair. Some of the most beautiful hair I have seen is silvery going on white.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Sprays and powders do NOT appeal to me! I want something that feels like my normal hair and will not get on stuff. Fancy rinse? Is that the name brand or the category?
    It's what they call it at the beauty school - 'fanciful rinse' it costs $3 and might even include a blowdry and hairstyling. If it's that cheap around where I live (which is a metro area with high cost of living) I'm sure you can find it for just as cheap if not cheaper where you area.

You can also try to do a combo of indigo/henna on your hair. It is a more involved process but strengthens your hair and there is no lightening/stripping of your hair.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

What happens to Fanciful if it gets wet? For some reason, I have the thought that the color runs. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    @Jenaphor @mmhmm @Antimony (you Azn, girl?) @Sparrow if she's posted in this thread - any rec's for foundations for Asian skin?

And I wear purple liner, supposedly it makes dark brown eyes pop.
    Hey love <3. When I do wear foundation I wear Clinique - Superfit makeup - the color is called "Honey", its oil free and long lasting .

I usually use Lancome Dual Finish Powder too (you can use it dry or wet) - color "Matte Amande III".

I adore black liquid eye liner too <3.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Glycerine

@CzeCze: purple, gold, olive green look really good on Asian brown eyes!