123 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default THe Healing Powers of Hydrogen Peroxide

You know that something's going around when you log onto facebook and 1/3 of your friends have status updates involving being sick. It sucks. We all try to eat right, exorcize, and keep good hygiene but these don't always safe-guard us from the good ole' cold & flu viruses that hit.

Usually, when you get sick and end up at an insta-care they will run a quick strep test on you, many times ruling out bacterial infections.. and then your screwed. Antibiotics can't touch viruses, and you've got nothing left to save you except your own, already comprimised, immune system. Sometimes they will just do a quick rundown and throw a Z-pack at you. In all the times I've been to a doctor with some kind of cold/illness, I have NEVER had them reccomend Hydrogen Peroxide. But the healing benefits of hydrogen peroxide are nothing less than extraordinary! It is quite possibly the BEST item you can have in your home. It is an anti-bacterial AND an anti-viral. It oxgenates the bloodstream and tissues upon contact. Any virus, most bacterias, and most cancers CAN NOT SURVIVE in highly oxgenated environements. This one compound could, quite literally, be the seed of many cures, including the HIV-virus.

People seem to fall into 2 camps when it comes to HP. They either swear by it and rave on and on about its healing properties, or they deem it dangerous to injest. Many studies by highly credited doctors support HP as a safe compound to use, both orally and intravenously for certain conditions. It is safe, readily available, and dirt cheap.

Here are some conditions where HP has been used successfully:

Allergies
    Headaches
    Altitude Sickness
    Herpes Simplex
    Alzheimer's
    Herpes Zoster
    Anemia
    HIV Infection
    Arrhythmia
    Influenza
    Asthma
    Insect Bites
    Bacterial Infections
    Liver Cirrhosis
    Bronchitis
    Lupus Erythematosis
    Cancer
    Multiple Sclerosis
    Candida
    Parasitic Infections
    Cardiovascular Disease
    Parkinsonism
    Cerebral Vascular Disease
    Periodontal Disease
    Chronic Pain
    Prostatitis
    Diabetes Type 11
    Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Diabetic Gangrene
    Shingles
    Diabetic Retinopahty
    Sinusitis
    Digestion Problems
    Sore Throat
    Epstein-Barr Infection
    Ulcers
    Emphysema
    Viral Infections
    Food Allergies
    Warts
    Fungal Infections
    Yeast Infections
    Gingivitis

Obviously I'm not advocating that anyone goes out and drinks a bottle of HP. But I would highly consider using this for any skin infections, you can safely put small amounts of it in your baths, you can mix it with water and gargle/brush your teeth, etc. Some doctors advocate consuming 1-3 drops a day of the store brand 3% variety.

On a personal note: I caught some kind of sore throat virus, and my throat, tonsils, tongue just about killed me for 10 days. I finally went in and they told me exactly what I hoped they wouldn't. "It's a virus, nothing you can do. Sleep and drink lots of juice." I started researching this stuff online, ran across the HP studies, decided to brush my teeth and gargle with a mix of water and HP on and off for a day. WOke up the next day and my throat was almost completely healed.

Check it out!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

This thread engaged my NT Attack Mode like none other in several weeks.

I'll be going now!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I dunno Hux. I know that if you combine Hydrogen Peroxide, Vinegar and Salt then you can etch the copper off of circuit boards.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I would never suggest someone just "takes my word for it" .. do the research. And if you find accredited studies that there is more harm then good, post em here. I am always open to new info "p" =P

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm not convinced yet. I think you should drink some more HP and come back to us with more data.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    This thread engaged my NT Attack Mode like none other in several weeks.

I'll be going now!
    Why don't you put some thought into it, instead of being shitty. I'm interested in what you know.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Why don't you put some thought into it, instead of being shitty. I'm interested in what you know.
    That was me being nice...

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

That was me being nice...
    I don't know if you are misunderstanding what I'm saying here or not. OBVIOUSLY HP in highdoses is terribley dangerous. The few people that used it intravaneously were I believe, emphyzema patients and did this through medical supervision in hospitals. But the benefits of your typical, otc 3% when diluted an additional 50% has been widely reported. The FDA warns against the use of 35% and industrial strength. I don't see anything about 3% (but am still looking).

So if you have some real info to add to the discussion, PLEASE DO. Your not being "nice" by "sparing me from your critical NT logic" ... your coming across as egotistical and non-contributing. Even if my opinion on this is wrong.. i'd still rather be corrected than "spared". Make sense?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

As to what to make of the numerous claims asserted of the hydrogen peroxide, in the main, most external uses of household-strength hydrogen peroxide are relatively harmless (if not necessarily helpful), but internal use should be shunned. Gargle with it, wipe wounds with it, foam the wax out of your ears with it, bleach your hair and your clothes with it, but don't drink it or let someone shoot it into your veins.
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/peroxide.asp

"[T]here is no scientific evidence that hydrogen peroxide is a safe, effective or useful cancer treatment"
    -"Questionable methods of cancer management: hydrogen peroxide and other 'hyperoxygenation' therapies". CA: a cancer journal for clinicians 43 (1): 47–56. 1993.

Hydrogen peroxide looks like it's working as it bubbles and stings. An uncovered cut seems to dry up, scab and look less moist and open.

But multiple randomized, controlled trials -- the best kind of research -- show that hydrogen peroxide does not prevent or treat infections in wounds. Not only that, hydrogen peroxide slows healing and may even cause cellular damage. That bubbling you see? It's probably the hydrogen peroxide attacking you.
    http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-12/o...?_s=PM:OPINION

Just say no to medical quackery!

It's like I'm dealing with a forwarded email from my mother.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/peroxide.asp

"[T]here is no scientific evidence that hydrogen peroxide is a safe, effective or useful cancer treatment"
    -"Questionable methods of cancer management: hydrogen peroxide and other 'hyperoxygenation' therapies". CA: a cancer journal for clinicians 43 (1): 47–56. 1993.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-12/o...?_s=PM:OPINION

Just say no to medical quackery!

It's like I'm dealing with a forwarded email from my mother.
    Thanks for the info, McGuffin (even if you can't seem to let that snarky undertone go).. I will definately continue to research this more. But am quite baffled at how it resolved a nagging sore throat for me overnight, with useless healing properties. I'm sure a skeptic would indicate my body just coincidentally healed itself at that time, despite the bubbling attack of that HP!