• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

OMG I Am Looking So OLD!!!!!!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, getting older will do that to you.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
a good diet is the key. i eat an insane amount
of vegetables--green smoothies. everyday.
and hydrate with coconut water.

and i swear by sisley's all day all year moisturizer.
a bottle lasts me about 6 months. so the
price is well worth it.

aday.jpg

i also never. ever. do facials. (just detox instead)
and i juice feast every 6 months for a few days. and
only use plant base facial products. a more affordable
brand is clarins. though clarins worked better before i
got into my thirties.

and i hardly drink. maybe a glass or two of wine
a month. alcohol is terrible for your skin.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Mmhmm, is that avatar of you? I thought you were in yours mid 20s at the latest, especially since you seem to be...attached?...to Jock. But then again, we're Asian and everyone knows east Asians age well. :p

But yeah, good lifestyle tips.

When I saw you TG in LA, you didn't look old or 'older' from the first time we met near the airport.

Wear lots of SPF, drink lots of water, don't smoke, don't drink to excess, get enough sleep, eat healthy. Get a satin/silk pillowcase. Mhmm's 'extreme' green diet will work but easy enough to take out salt, sugar, caffeine, and 'bad fats' like butter, dairy in general, white starches...right? RIIIGHT?

Also, wear age appropriate but stylish clothing and similar hairstyle, natural make up only.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
TG, what, particularly, is making you feel like you look old?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, mmhmm! For that price, it better make me look permanently 25! And retroactively, too! Is there really that big a difference between that and other moisturizers you've tried?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
TG, what, particularly, is making you feel like you look old?

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, mmhmm! For that price, it better make me look permanently 25! And retroactively, too! Is there really that big a difference between that and other moisturizers you've tried?

LOL Just clicked the moisturizer link.

Mhmm - Oh you fancy huh?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Mmhmm, is that avatar of you? I thought you were in yours mid 20s at the latest, especially since you seem to be...attached?...to Jock. But then again, we're Asian and everyone knows east Asians age well. :p

But yeah, good lifestyle tips.

When I saw you TG in LA, you didn't look old or 'older' from the first time we met near the airport.

Wear lots of SPF, drink lots of water, don't smoke, don't drink to excess, get enough sleep, eat healthy. Get a satin/silk pillowcase. Mhmm's 'extreme' green diet will work but easy enough to take out salt, sugar, caffeine, and 'bad fats' like butter, dairy in general, white starches...right? RIIIGHT?

Also, wear age appropriate but stylish clothing and similar hairstyle, natural make up only.

yes, that's me. i'm older than jock.
am in my early 30s.

don't have to completely cut out the
delicious deep fried foods, but just
make sure it's balanced out. just be
aware of when you eat certain foods.
and counter it with something healthy.

i suggested green smoothies based on
that it's extremely nutrient densed, and
your body absorbs it up well, plus it helps
you shit like megamega battle-shit. taking
out toxins and debloating.

well i converted because it completely
streamlined my routine. it replaced all
my other products. i just use this mainly.
the only other product i use is the express
flower gel for when i do long haul flights.
no night cream. no eye cream. no spot
corrector. no toner. no special facewash.
just one moisturizer and i'm good.

i used to use creme de la mer and la prarie's
skin caviar
. it was ehhh. i didn't find it restorative
actually. when i was younger i used clarins which
is a decent entry level brand, but it just involved
too many products and the method to activate
it's ingredients (warming in the palms of your hand)
and clarins' recommedded way to apply the cream
(jaw, cheeks, apples, forehead) was just too... many steps.

i like simple simple.

the other product i like is lancome's hydra zen.
(though i haven't used this new formula as pictured
below) the only trouble with is, it doesn't last
all day, and i still needed to use other products.

b_085201.jpg

i primarily look for a "skin-destresser" moisturizer.

LOL Just clicked the moisturizer link.

Mhmm - Oh you fancy huh?

i used to be a very, very heavy smoker.
pack a day for over 10 years. and lots
of partying and all the goodies that came
along with that. so a very strikingly different
lifestyle than now. plus lots of floating down
the mekong on an innertube with languid
clouds of opium surrounding me.

i like this moisturizer because it's the only
thing i've found to be both restorative and
preventive. plus, as i mentioned above, it
keeps skin care very, very simple. plus my
skin now is softer than a baby's ass.

i have very few lines around eyes and mouth,
and i'm laughing and talking all the time.

it's worth dropping by the counter to try some
of their samples, however, i don't think they
give out all day all year samples unless you
make x amount of purchases.

or go to the counter with a clean face and put
it on your cheek. feel it instantly. boing.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i'm really vain too like mmhmm - this is what i do.

slap i use
i use gentle BHAs and AHAs - acids are your friend. google to see why. i went to see a proper non-quack dermatologist/vain doctor when i was mid 20s seeking preservation tips. i also use a vitamin c serum by kiehl's - there's evidence that vitamin c applied topically actually does good things for your skin. makes my skin crazy smooth and soft. i use sk-II eye gel (only one that doesn't sting and it's very moisturising) and their spooky masks sometimes. i would probably rub turds on my face if cate blanchett recommended it.

more importantly than that junk - i've been using a high SPF sunscreen everyday since i was around 12. make sure you use one that blocks UV and UVB rays. put it on your face/hands/neck/decolletage EVERYDAY even if it's cloudy. no tanning. physical sunscreens (not chemical) are good. i use one called invisible zinc because elle macpherson told me too and she's hot. not sure if you can buy it outside australia?

before putting anything on your skin check out product reviews on makeupalley.com and try to find out more about the active ingredients.

diet etc
don't drink too much booze, no cigarettes, no recreational drugging. drink lots of water and herbal teas. get your protein and good fats (avocado, salmon etc). limit your white stuff (sugar/pasta/flour etc), have hot safe sex. take vitamins, fish oil and zinc, and laugh lots. life is funny. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Facial exercises help. :) Also, yes, treating your body right. Exercise. No heavy drinking or smoking.

I have very fair skin, and get very sick if I get burned (even a little bit) so I stay out of the sun. That's a big deal in the long run. I use a vitamin C serum and extra virgin olive oil - they improve texture and resiliency.

I'm vegan (not for everyone's blood types - some people need meat protein) and take vitamins so there's a lot less drag on my systems.

Then again, I'm forced to look after myself like a glass menagerie because I have a pain disorder. I'm sure I would be falling face first into a pizza/meringue pie/tub of awesome sauce if I could.

rav3n

TG, you don't look old, at least according to the pics I've seen. Don't even know how old you are.

As far as looking young for a long time, most of it is genetics. Mid-thirties here and prefer natural products, hydrating, eating healthy and exercising. Beyond that, let the cards fall where they may.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, it's good not to freak out.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you could do what the vain rich people do and get botox and look like a manquin and a face lift. personally i think you shouldn't beauty isn't meant to last forever that's why flowers die so quickly

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm going to start a skin care line for my next business. Good profit margins.

I follow the regime in this book: Essential Oils and facial exercises.

You need to tinker a bit with what oils feel best to you.

And rose water is nice.

Lots of good suggestions already in thread, so won't repeat them. :)

Honestly, things change whether you want them to or not, and when you consider that movie stars can't prevent the aging process, you've got to figure "regular folks" won't be able to either. The best is to try to age gracefully and take good care of your body.

But I admit, I sometimes look in the mirror and although I think I am doing well for 44, I can see the changes and can feel a tad down. Then I smack myself and realize any day I am on this side of the grass, I am doing ok.

40 is like some magic number for physiological aging becoming more noticeable. I even have to squint at the small print now. :/

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever you do, just don't end up like Marijke Helweger.

It's not the solution and the world can't handle two of them.