User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's that Jenaphor's avatar scares me shitless, but otherwise I would chip in that discussion by saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you could do what the vain rich people do and get botox and look like a manquin and a face lift. personally i think you shouldn't beauty isn't meant to last forever that's why flowers die so quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's that Jenaphor's avatar scares me shitless, but otherwise I would chip in that discussion by saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.".
    That was a baby picture, as coined by Juice. WMDs are now my preference.

The above quote is what I'm trying to understand Fluffywolf. What she's said in that quote, isn't that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What it says to me is that she believes beauty = youth.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    That was a baby picture, as coined by Juice. WMDs are now my preference.

The above quote is what I'm trying to understand Fluffywolf. What she's said in that quote, isn't that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What it says to me is that she believes beauty = youth.
    Actually it is. That's the beauty of the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's just that your eyes and hers are not the same.

It's just that your eyes and hers are not the same.
    I'll settle for this with the proviso of "eyes and brain functioning".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'll settle for this with the proviso of "eyes and brain functioning".
    Hey, you can settle on whatever you want. I never intended to join this discussion in the first place out of fear of being blown to smithereens by that bazooka girl.

RDF

I’m seeing a J vs. P moment.

TG said rather enigmatically: “I’m getting older! I don’t like this!”

J interprets rather literally: “It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with looks or beauty, because older people can be beautiful. TG simply doesn’t like the fact that the years are passing. That’s all we can know, based on what she said.”

FP reads the high emotionality of the statement and interpolates: “TG is showing a lot of emotion. So she’s communicating that it’s about more than just the passage of the years. In most women, such high emotionality would likely mean that they see their looks fading a bit with age. So I’ll try to reassure her on the subject of looks--a little fading is a natual process.”

But J doesn’t like that kind of reasoning: J says, “You’re equating the passage of years with loss of beauty. TG didn’t say that. So I assume it’s a prejudice of yours that you’re inserting.”

FP responds: “Not quite. It’s just FP interpolation. We do that, and most often we’re right. If we’re wrong, then we prefer that the OP correct us, rather than get docked for PC points by onlookers. In other words it would be helpful if TG were to fill in the blanks by explaining just what exactly about the aging process is bugging her so much.”

[Note:] Naturally I’m doing what FPs do--I’m interpolating the thought processes of the participants and taking a stance based on my interpolation. Always risky, but that’s what FPs do.

RDF

Hey, you can settle on whatever you want. I never intended to join this discussion in the first place out of fear of being blown to smithereens by that bazooka girl.
    Women with large, dangerous phallic objects.

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post

J interprets rather literally: “It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with looks or beauty, because older people can be beautiful. TG simply doesn’t like the fact that the years are passing. That’s all we can know, based on what she said.”

FP reads the high emotionality of the statement and interpolates: “TG is showing a lot of emotion. So she’s communicating that it’s about more than just the passage of the years. In most women, such high emotionality would likely mean that they see their looks fading a bit with age. So I’ll try to reassure her on the subject of looks--a little fading is a natual process.”

But J doesn’t like that kind of reasoning: J says, “You’re equating the passage of years with loss of beauty. TG didn’t say that. So I assume it’s a prejudice of yours that you’re inserting.”

FP responds: “Not quite. It’s just FP interpolation. We do that, and most often we’re right. If we’re wrong, then we prefer that the OP correct us, rather than get docked for PC points by onlookers. In other words it would be helpful if TG were to fill in the blanks by explaining just what exactly about the aging process is bugging her so much.”

[Note:] Naturally I’m doing what FPs do--I’m interpolating the thought processes of the participants and taking a stance based on my interpolation. Always risky, but that’s what FPs do.
    Whoah Fineline!

*backs slowly away from thread*

MBTI
    yupp

thank you
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Women with large, dangerous phallic objects.
    "This brick wall, it will save me!" Pfuh, NFP optimism. :P