User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmmm... this whole forum could get really passive aggressive really fast if we start talking this way.

She's really ugly, looks like an orange monkey, too much alcohol, really dumb.... eh hem.. Snooki, I mean, of course.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    THIS. Ugh. This happened to me this year. I lost the padding under my eyes and a bit in the hollows of my cheeks. I always had kind of a rounder face, but good cheekbones, so I always used to look forward to my face thinning out a bit. But when it happens, all you can think is that the stuffing makes you look more youthful. Plus, the stuffing holds things up. I've always taken good care of my skin, and only had one tiny line under my eyes that appeared when I smiled--and that arrived at 32. Then this year, at exactly 38 1/2, that padding disappeared and suddenly the fine lines under my eyes are more plentiful because they don't have anything to fill them. I hate it, but I also think I'm probably the main one that notices, and I know I got away with not having any lines for a long time.
    FWIW I didn't realize you were in your late 30s when I saw your pics

And yes, fat is your anti-aging friend. "Fleshy padding" on the forehead and cheekbones are some of the hallmarks of youth.

It's why in medieval days, a beauty tip was "to be fat" because it plumped up all the possible wrinkles in your face. Back then, being fat wasn't considered a negative so that remedy actually worked. Unlike what it means in modern times, akin to telling someone "this medication for social anxiety will give you terrible bad breath that no one will want to be near".
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Yikes, I just re-read the symptoms etc. :horor:

Probably time to see the doc.

I was told about three years ago I was a bit high in cholesterol. I thought it was the top-ramen, pizza, and alcohol.
    Coming to this thread late.

Aging...wooo...no comment. I don't even want to think about what I looked liked compared to now. And extremely stressful events (for me, divorce) can have a meteoric impact on one's looks. I'm a little apprehensive about looking older. I've asked other people how old do I look--get answers that usually range in the low 30s. I think the best feedback was when I went to the dermatologist for a chemical peel. I was asking the young lady that did the treatment about anti-aging stuff and what she recommended and she exclaimed, "Don't touch your face! You don't need anything at all done to it!"

I wanted to kiss the top of her little blond head.

@ ThatGirl: Hashimoto's can be really tough to regulate. I have Grave's disease and I resisted the radioactive iodine treatment for various reasons. I've usually been able to bring it into remission by taking PTU for around 18 months. Unfortunately, the iodine is beginning to look really attractive...hyperthyroidism can fuck with your mind something bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave%27s_disease

I've been through this and don't really want it to happen again.

Oddly enough, the doctor thought that I had Hashimoto's in the post-partum period but it was just transient changes that can occur at that time. It looked hypothyroid then.

ThatGirl

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about your condition, I am sure that can be pretty frustrating. A friend of mine who had chronic hyperthyroidism was very erratic mentally. Just doing impulsive things as she so felt, that didn't really make much sense at all.

I am looking forward to seeing a doc, and observing any changes in mood. I think I should stop feeling so damn tired all the time. If 4 shots of espresso doesn't do anything for you, something is wrong. Lol.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Wear sunscreen. I don't care if it's sunny. I don't care if it's overcast. I don't care if you're only outside "for a little bit." Wear it. Wear it to bed. Put it on before you shower. Put it on before you even dream of sunny climates.

The sun is your face's #1 enemy.

note: especially when in the snow, sand and especially water. It reflects the sun, amplifying the damage.

Without sunscreen in dry land, I'll take a few hours to burn. If I'm out surfing, it happens within an hour.

I'm blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned though - but even if you're black, the sunscreen will prevent damage.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

ThatGirl

Lol, I am actually pretty fair, and am not a fan of being in the hot sun. I even wait until around 7pm to swim in the summer. I will work an SPF into my makeup routine though, just in case.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol, I am actually pretty fair, and am not a fan of being in the hot sun. I even wait until around 7pm to swim in the summer. I will work an SPF into my makeup routine though, just in case.
    yep, good idea. Because the thing with sun damage is that it's cumulative. You don't need to have a solid 8 hour block on a beach of roasting yourself in baby oil for the long-term effects to appear. Little by little over the years.

I know you probably hear that all the time, but only because it's so true.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    ...in medieval days, a beauty tip was "to be fat.
    Yes, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder yet we blind ourselves to beauty by desperately trying to be conventionally beautiful.

And if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then appreciating beauty is a creative act. So it is an act outside of the purview of the conventional.

So we need to learn how to see with our own eyes rather than with the eyes of those around us.

MBTI
    GONE

@mmhmm I just got a juicer and am drinking an infamous "green smoothie"

They are as disgusting and unpalatable as I remember.

I eat lots of kale and now collard greens. I dun know why I need a green smoothie. Blech. I'd rather eat a salad then shove the salad through some high speed chopper and drink the mess. I feel like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    @mmhmm I just got a juicer and am drinking an infamous "green smoothie"

They are as disgusting and unpalatable as I remember.

I eat lots of kale and now collard greens. I dun know why I need a green smoothie. Blech. I'd rather eat a salad then shove the salad through some high speed chopper and drink the mess. I feel like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.
    it's the green taste that makes it gross, be sure you put
    lots of fruit in while you palate adapts. the trick with green
    smoothies, is that it has to be tasty.. or else.. well don't
    want to drink it.

my favourite is: cold pressed orange juice + mangoes + kale
    if i have time, i'll only use the leaves, then go steam the uh
    non-leaf bit.

(also i use a 3HP blender - you could blend and entire cow.)
    blending vs juicing: http://greensmoothiesblog.com/blending-vs-juicing/
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken