User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    STOP framing! :steam: Edit: WTF no :steam:?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I do still have time. Idk, maybe give myself time. Something.
    Exactly how long are you going to wait to find a decent endocrinologist?

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Exactly how long are you going to wait to find a decent endocrinologist?
    Two more months then I am on it. Need to find out what insurance I am going to pick first. Been waiting five years since first told about it, a couple more months...... :/

I wonder how much that will really fix though.

Two more months then I am on it. Need to find out what insurance I am going to pick first. Been waiting five years since first told about it, a couple more months...... :/

I wonder how much that will really fix though.
    In 5 years, you haven't researched the serious implications of hypothyroidism?
    Have you gone mad?

ThatGirl

In 5 years, you haven't researched the serious implications of hypothyroidism?
    Have you gone mad?
    Lol, but I am not solely hypo. Basically it is an auto-immune. My antibodies attack my thyroid which then fluctuates between hyper and hypo. If I were to post pictures you could see every two years or so, that I go from stick skinny, no matter what I eat, to chubby.

The treatment, as I have read is to use a supplement to regulate the thyroid, at a low normal rate, so the body stops recognizing then attacking it. I am a little apprehensive about that.

I have had family members undergo radio iodine treatment, have their's removed, bad thyroid seems to hit everyone in my family, so I know a bit about it. To be honest, *looks down sheepishly*, I kind of like when I am in hyper mode. I feel good. Lots of energy, a little crazy, but overall okay with it. Lol.

Lol, but I am not solely hypo. Basically it is an auto-immune. My antibodies attack my thyroid which then fluctuates between hyper and hypo. If I were to post pictures you could see every two years or so, that I go from stick skinny, no matter what I eat, to chubby.

The treatment, as I have read is to use a supplement to regulate the thyroid, at a low normal rate, so the body stops recognizing then attacking it. I am a little apprehensive about that.

I have had family members undergo radio iodine treatment, have their removed, bad thyroid seems to hit everyone in my family, so I know a bit about it. To be honest, *looks down sheepishly*, I kind of like when I am in hyper mode. I feel good. Lots of energy, a little crazy, but overall okay with it. Lol.
    Yeah, I know what you have - Hashimoto's. If my endo read your post she would smack you.

ThatGirl

Yeah, I know what you have - Hashimoto's. If my endo read your post she would smack you.
    LMAO! I know, I do intend to get it looked at, see how treatment goes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Taking Synthroid is not such a big deal compared to the effects of not. I think this is something you can't afford to ignore. Untreated hypothyroidism can seriously affect a lot of functions in the body. The hardest part is if you fluctuate between hyper and hypo.

If there's any way that you can reduce stress in your life though, that does have a very profound impact on regulating thyroid (I know in the case of my cousin with hyperthyroidism, she needs to have regular exercise as an outlet and also try to consciously reduce stress in her life or else things get worse).

ThatGirl

Yikes, I just re-read the symptoms etc. :horor:

Probably time to see the doc.

I was told about three years ago I was a bit high in cholesterol. I thought it was the top-ramen, pizza, and alcohol.

MBTI
    ISTx

God damn, you look OLD!!!!!! 8()

jk