User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

ThatGirl

Exactly,

I still think of myself like this.

This is disturbing.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I do still have time. Idk, maybe give myself time. Something.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Exactly,

I still think of myself like this.

This is disturbing.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I do still have time. Idk, maybe give myself time. Something.
    The biggest difference is the change in attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Agreed. Not that your current haircut is terrible but your prior one was more flattering.

MBTI
    INTP

It's hard to tell, TG, because of the attitude difference and the lighting, etc., but you definitely don't look drastically different.

I do know from experience, too, that when I'm depressed, I feel like I look old or unattractive, then when I'm in a better headspace, I see that my physical appearance hasn't really changed.

I agree with Jenaphor, though--that first haircut looked amazing on you. Highlights, too.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Try investing in a good warm-toned lamp and put it next to the mirror where you usually do your makeup (or the mirror you most look into at home--could be the bathroom mirror). Poor lighting (especially in these fluorescently-lit times, which just KILL my asian skintone) will make you look years older. And your psyche will feel a lot better if the mirror you most look into is telling you nice things--self-confidence does wonders for your looks. You can actually see some of the tonal difference between your two photos--the first one's lighting brought out the pink overtones in your skin/makeup, and second's lighting took out all the pink tones.

One thing you can do to quickly and immediately look more youthful--open up your eyes a tiny bit more than they are now. Look up some eye-widening exercises on the net. For some reason, we all get much squintier as we get older, and merely opening up your eyes makes a huge difference to your overall look.

Also, yes, to add to the chorus--the first haircut was more flattering and more edgy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    No...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Agreed. Not that your current haircut is terrible but your prior one was more flattering.
    And no.

The main difference is the angle you took the picture from. Just make sure people are always looking down upon you (should be relatively easy) and you're solid. I don't think you look that much different at all. Face got a little chubbier, but no one'll care if you're making over 100K.

You're making over 100K, right?

RDF

@TG:

Just judging from some of your threads, it sounds like you have a pretty full life right now. I remember a thread where you were planning on venturing out and doing some things you wanted to accomplish before your 30th birthday. And then if I understood it right, you recently applied for and landed a job or a promotion that you wanted. And then you were planning on working on your disposition or your temper or whatever.

It sounds like you're setting priorities, and that specifically you’re prioritizing life experience and self-improvement ahead of facials and detox regimens. Nothing wrong with that.

If you’re showing the effects of aging, then view it as a choice, not as a failing. You can’t be all things for all people. You have to set priorities and invest your limited time and resources in the things that suit you. Personally I think you’re right to set your priorities as you have. The main thing is to keep a sense of adventure alive and keep your head fresh. That’s the investment that really counts over the long-term.

BTW, I think you look good in the more recent photo. Of course, that’s coming from an older guy--everything’s relative. But to me you look *real* in the second photo, whereas in the first you look young, poised, but untested.

Young people all look the same. It takes a bit of age and experience to start to differentiate people’s looks over time. Show off a little wear and tear from a life lived well or adventurously, and that’s way more attractive than mere soft skin and straight lines.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    No...

And no.

The main difference is the angle you took the picture from. Just make sure people are always looking down upon you (should be relatively easy) and you're solid. I don't think you look that much different at all. Face got a little chubbier, but no one'll care if you're making over 100K.

Remember that one time we were walking through the parking lot, and you were talking about how I was much more tolerant than you had imagined, and asked me when I was going to start framing with you?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    No...

And no.

You are lustful o er giant lots of dook ND knonwo kniow bounds hh??!?!?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Remember that one time we were walking through the parking lot, and you were talking about how I was much more tolerant than you had imagined, and asked me when I was going to start framing with you?

STOP framing! :steam: Edit: WTF no :steam:?