• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

uexplainable weight lost

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
still losing weight, i went from a size 6 to a size 4 and i probably could have gone even smaller, I didn't because I'm hoping to gain some weight back but it doesn't make a lot of sense as to why i'm losing weight.

The only thing I can come up with is I've been eating healthier. But before this I was right on the cusp of correct and underweight.anyone else experience this? I know unexplainable weight gain is more common, but thought i'd ask.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you know over what time-frame? Have you been more active for that duration?
Eating healthier may definitely play a part. It's surprising how much of certain healthier foods would need to be eaten in order to equate to most unhealthy choices. Have you noticed any changes in your energy level or anything remotely like that? :huh:

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
Can you give an example of an average day's worth of food?

Do you count calories?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
depression can drastically increase or decrease appetite, so it's really not surprising. Although I guess it doesn't hurt to ask your doctor - it could be a med thing too, lots of those can alter appetite.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What is "healthy"?

Are you getting enough fat and protein?

Are you totally vegan?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
One thing to investigate is hyperthyroidism.

See a physician right away, especially since you're probably underweight by now.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prpl,
Go see a doctor and get some blood tests done, even if it's just to reassure yourself. Javo is correct. Also ask for inflammatory markers, FBC, LFT, EUC, as well as TFT's, if you go ahead with blood tests....I'm not sure of the American medical system, but these should be the very basics.
It might be a Meds thing though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Can you give an example of an average day's worth of food?

Do you count calories?

I don't count calories so I have no clue how much I'm getting but it's usually

a bowl of cereal for breakfast
leftovers from the night before for lunch
a family meal (something vegetarian) for dinner (last night we had butternut squash risotto with fake chicken in it for the protein)

oh and i am going to the doctor not for this but for something else but they'll probably weigh me so.....

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
Not to completely dismiss the possibility but... check for stomach worms?
I know it sounds disgusting but it's possible. They suck the fat out of humans.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Loss of appetite? Which could be part of depression.

Or are you just eating when you actually feel hungry? I've found that when I only eat when I am hungry, I tend to lose weight.

Either case could be a problem.

Scottt

I am very glad to see your progress regarding weight loss,
i am to much conscious about my weight. My weight is increasing day by day. I will try to follow your ideas and instructions..

Last edited:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are lots of things that could be causing this.

Main things are you eating around the same amount as you were before you started loosing weight? Has your appetite decreased? If you are eatting similar amounts but loosing weight you may have worms (you can google the symptoms)

Another issue may be an over active thyroid - massively critical to get that checked out, typically happens late 20s or more likely mid 30's - you start burning lots of calories because you body is speeding. It often flips into under active thyroid. Thyroid issues are life threatening so worth getting the blood test.

Early stages of type 1 diabetes can cause weight loss i think (don't quote me on that)... if you are not born with the condition it can develop in the late teens early 20s. Again reasonably simple test.

any unexplained weight loss - or weight gain for that matter needs to be checked to rule out the synister stuff. Depression could be a symptom of lack of calories Or the reason you are not eatting enough... ie is a symptom or the cause... that needs to be fathomed.

Either way I hope you are successful sorting it out. Nice to hear someone is conscious of their body weight falling below a healthy level and knowing it's a problem not thinking it great. Healthy body weight and body image is really important for emotional and mental health.

Good luck and DON'T leave it to resolve it self, the doctor will help you find the reason, even if it is - you are not eatting enough, better to discount some of the above nasties.

Good luck and good appetite.