User Tag List

First 6789 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Why on earth would anyone do that instead of just using an eyelash curler??!
    Beauty comes with a price, honey.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

But the result looks identical, and it looks like way more of a hassle/possibly dangerous to eyes?....what am I missing?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTP

It looks great, but what in the heck are they perming them with, so close to the eyeball? That scares the crap out of me.
    Something Witty

ThatGirl

I think it is a thio solution, same as they use to perm hair. Its not supposed to be applied heavily enough to drip into the eye. It might even be a gel. I'm not sure never tried it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

tried the rimmel sexycurves mascara. I like it a lot so far! Hopefully it doesn't get goopy as it gets a little older.

.....any suggestions for concealing really dark blue undereye circles? Not puffy at all, just discoloured. My current best strategy seems to be liquid concealer all under the eye followed by solid stick concealer dotted carefully away from the wrinkle-prone areas, but it still doesn't cover everything, just makes them a little less scary, and it also seems to wear off throughout the day. I hate liquid foundation but I guess if it's necessary I can try it. Powder isn't helpful - doesn't conceal and also settles into all the cracks.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

.....any suggestions for concealing really dark blue undereye circles? Not puffy at all, just discoloured.
    I don't think it's possible to completely cover dark circles and still look human. Ha..... With all of the methods I have tried, I can always still see shadows there.

My current best strategy seems to be liquid concealer all under the eye followed by solid stick concealer dotted carefully away from the wrinkle-prone areas, but it still doesn't cover everything, just makes them a little less scary, and it also seems to wear off throughout the day.
    Do you use a makeup primer? That will give your makeup more staying power.

I hate liquid foundation but I guess if it's necessary I can try it. Powder isn't helpful - doesn't conceal and also settles into all the cracks.
    Liquid foundation seems to work best for me. As you've seen, powder just settles into the lines. I use no powder, but I do use powder blush, bronzers, and illuminators on occasion, and they seem to look ok, without settling into the lines. I use Mac Fix+ to set my makeup. It's not as good as powder for setting, but it works well enough, and it adds radiance. I use a Mac 187 brush to "dot" it on all over my face. I love this product.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Hi Randomnity, consider a skin primer potion (one that is not merely eyeshadow primer) to counteract the color and to keep concealers staying in place and smooth. Primers can often be worn without applying foundation on top and can help diffuse shine. Sometimes I use a redness correcting primer which appears green in the bottle but does not show up that way. Here are some options. I have used Sephora and Smashbox brand primers before. I haven't used Korres primer, but I do enjoy their other wonderful natural skincare products. These may be worth trying out.

Korres brand 3-in-1 primer, corrector, and antiaging product for the eyes

Smashbox brand photo finish color correcting foundation primer in apricot

Sephora brand perfecting eye primer
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

google tells me that some likely options are:

-radiant touch/touche eclat by YSL - looks like it costs a fortune though
    -makeup forever by sephora - mixed reviews, some very positive
    -dermablend quick fix
    -timeBalm
    -Cover FX
    -smashbox high definition
    -l'oreal touche magique
    -rimmel recover anti-fatique (on the cheaper/less effective end)

So many options.....every place I look suggests different ones. Any positive or negative experiences with any of these (or others)? I don't want to find out by buying a bunch of crap that doesn't work. I'll put my cap at 30$ for something that is absolutely amazing, but would prefer to spend much less.
    -end of thread-

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I wore make up once, (Amsterdam themed party, I was going as a hooker), I don't understand how you can sacrifice yourselves so much to wear that crap! Ok granted, it was laid pretty thick on me, but still, that stuff is so annoying! It's like you have a snake on your face. It makes you feel very uncomfortable and whatever you do you can't touch it or you'll get bitten! IN THE FACE!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Any positive or negative experiences with any of these (or others)? I don't want to find out by buying a bunch of crap that doesn't work. I'll put my cap at 30$ for something that is absolutely amazing, but would prefer to spend much less.
    I can't speak about dedicated undereye primers, only general ones. I was disappointed by Illamasqua. Smashbox is fine, MUFE is good, and Sephora brand is very comparable to MUFE, and in your price range at $14 USD. HTH.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism