User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Want to share what eye makeup you're wearing here? It looks awesome.
    Yes it does! It's subtle and yet enhances in a natural way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm product loyal to Definicils. I think it works best if you keep brushing it until you get the length and shape you want from your lashes rather than put some on, go to the other eye, come back to the first eye. Keep working with the first eye until it's right and then let it dry. (Does that make sense?) My lashes are medium to long, curly, and blonde. I have used Dior and YSL and for me the formulas are too thick, too many fibers. The only other one I really like is Estee Lauder. I have tried lots of drugstore mascaras and they always end up smudging under my eyes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think mascara preferences depend on your eye shape/size, lash length/color, & the look you're going for.

I have almond-ish eyes that are on the large side in person, with reasonably thick/long lashes that hit my sunglasses when I blink, but they are a light brown shade (my natural hair color), so they're not that noticeable without mascara. I also don't go for the "natural look". As a result, I like big brushes on mascara (small ones take forever to coat my whole eye), the blackest shade possible, and formulas which focus on volume so the length is not too long, but still giving me the dramatic look I like. I hate waterproof because it flakes & you have to rip your eyes off to remove it, but not too smudgey of a formula is important because my skin is oily & I get a raccoon look easily.

With that in mind, I prefer:
    DiorShow - my holy grail of mascaras, but quite pricey (FYI, I'm a semi-reformed product junkie, and "HG" or "holy grail" is a product junkie term used on makeup review sites )
    Bad Gal Lash (by Benefit) - almost as good as DiorShow, slightly less pricey

Drugstore options:
    Maybelline Volume Express Colossal (in the yellow tube) - my drugstore favorite
    L'oreal Voluminous - good, but tends to smudge a lot
    Hard Candy - hey, it's only 5 bucks!
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yeah, there are so many different preferences for different reasons that the exact reason one person doesn't like a product is someone else's reason to happily spend $30 a pop for it. It's helpful to say why you like it and what you expect.

figsfiggyfigs

For eyeliner, I like the Mac liquid liner with angled brush. I also like bottled liquid liners. I used to be an avid fan.

MBTI
    INTP

Try using an eyelash primer first.

After i started using one i founda huge difference. I use the one by Dior and i use dior mascara ontop. looks great.

ThatGirl

Epicuren is $180 for a 4oz bottle?!?!?!

A salon I worked at carried it and we each received a whole goodie bag filled with their products. I liked it but......$180 a botttle!?!?! That's insane.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Epicuren is $180 for a 4oz bottle?!?!?!

A salon I worked at carried it and we each received a whole goodie bag filled with their products. I liked it but......$180 a botttle!?!?! That's insane.
    Yea, even Lancome has products in that price range. I stop at about $90 a bottle. I'm not paying more than that for moisturizers. Lancome's Secret de Vie is $250 for a 1.7 oz. bottle.
    I used Lancome for about 3 years, but I recently switched to Dr. Perricone. I'm gonna try that out for awhile. I liked Lancome also for the amount of freebies I was able to collect. Everytime I bought a bottle I got a bundle of free stuff... shadows, mascaras, blushes, moisturizers, hand creams, concealers, etc. I didn't buy any mascara for 3 years, and I still have a ton of freebies to go through. It can get expensive, but when you add up all the freebies, you realize that the overall price isn't too bad considering all the items you don't have to buy.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

wow you must have a lot of disposable income. 250$ for makeup is staggering.
    -end of thread-

ThatGirl

I could pay that much if it meant I would look 23 for the rest of my life, well into my 100's.