User Tag List

First 123 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that's the thing I am getting enough of those things, I just don't understand why my head hurts and i feel like I'm going to faint all the time eating this way.
    Are you eating enough fresh veggies? Are you getting outside enough? Getting any exercise in? Even just taking a half hour walk can do wonders.

MBTI
    yupp

yes I am my diet consists of mostly fresh veggies
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Anew Leaf

hmm, have you gotten your blood sugar checked out?

MBTI
    yupp

no, think i should?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Anew Leaf

Might be a good idea. If you are able to, go see an endocrinologist... they can run a bunch of blood tests to check all sorts of stuff including iron, blood sugar, and thyroid.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

is a vegetarian diet your goal? if so there's tons and tons of resources online, especially for this particular issue. The most common cause is just not eating enough calories. It's hard to eat as many calories of beans compared to your average steak. Your diet might also be too low in fat (preventing vitamin absorption).

If it's not your goal, obviously just eat meat less than the amount that makes you feel sick in one direction (sounds like every day), and more than the amount that makes you feel sick in the other direction (sounds like once a week). So a few times a week. Easy.
    -end of thread-

Ginkgo

have you tried the air diet?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    ok so here's basically what happens. When I eat too much meat I feel sick like if i have a serving of meat every day at minimum, when I eat none at all I feel like I'm going to pass out, despite getting enough protein and iron from other sources. It might be something else, ie all in my head but eating meat at least once a week seems to prevent me from passing out or feeling like I'm going to pass out. especially lamb or steak. My sister in law eats fish so I do eat that on occasion when my brother is out of town and that helps aswell, but it seems eating a strictly vegetarian diet leaves me feeling weak and low energy. so besides helping me design a diet. Why is this, because I am eating the nutrients I need to function but for whatever reason lack of meat makes me feel sluggish. maybe try to eat meat every 3 days and see how that works?
    What the heck? Your sluggishness has nothing to do with meat, protein, iron, or "nutrients". It's a blood sugar issue. I'm guessing your intake of carbohydrates is borderline insufficient if not severely lacking. And your body is using the protein from meat to generate blood sugar (and a poor job at that) instead of repairing muscle tissue, which would explain why you feel tired when you don't eat meat (which is why I'm thinking you are borderline). Meat should never determine your energy levels unless you are eating very poorly, trust me.

Increase your carb intake. Not just any carbs, but complex meaning low glycemic index. Oatmeal (not that instant crap), brown/parbroiled rice, multigrain bread. Refined carbs will give you a quick boost and then you will plummet (sort of like a sugar rush/crash). I would start your day with a big bowl of oatmeal with some coconut oil or something (to slow down the release of sugar into your blood even more)...good quality protein powder will make it taste much better plus give you a good source of protein. PM me for an online recommendation since most of the store ones are crap and expensive, and there are bunch of different types. If you do this, you will have good energy levels for a long time before your next meal. Seeing a doc at this point is overkill. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll recommend what to talk to your doctor about
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    yupp

yeah the only thing in that list that I like enough to eat all the time is brown rice. I don't like bread that much and i absolutley hate oatmeal unless it's oatmeal cookies. I can't handle the texture
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

have you tried steel cut oatmeal? totally different texture and even taste (imo both are far superior vs. the rolled-oat oatmeal). better for you, too.
    -end of thread-