User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Two hours of sleep or less

I feel like I want to transform into an awesome machine that has an Estj personality type and gung ho work today. I'm a house keeper and I hate doing it, but I have to so I can survive. I have anxiety issues and right now, when I try to relax and sleep, my heart pinches and my brain tells me to wake the fuck up because I have to get ready for work in an hour.

How do you guys handle this sort of crap? I feel like a sloth right now. I want to curl up and sleep but my vision goes white, blurry and my heart hurts and then my brain gets really angry with me and kicks inside of my head for me to stay awake. I really can't miss work and then the sun is so bright, it's so obnoxious, like an annoying esfj sprinkling it's unwanted love all over me : ( How do I handle this? Lol.

No, I can't have coffee btw, gives me panic attacks. Can't drink caffeine either. I am sooooooooooo fuuuuucucuccuckckced -_-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have sleep issues too (right now, during the work week, I've been running on 3-4 hours a night max).

I have prescribed cheap non-hangover sleeping pills (temazapm is the generic), and if I can't sleep, I take a half and see if it cuts the edge enough to knock me out. If you don't want to go the prescription route, spend $5 on a bottle of Tylenol or Nyquil liquid med that is meant to knock you out even when you're sick -- that stuff is pretty amazing, I felt like a cap of that had more kick than my sleeping pills and it's over the counter.

I also use a white noise machine when I sleep, and keep all the lights off. It's also good to go to bed at the same time every night, so your body drops into a cycle.

As far as staying awake when you're already shot? I dunno. My only recourse has been caffeine or sugar, but that won't work for you. Also, if you can stay cold; room temp or hot makes me drowsy in the daytime.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I can't take any pills or the same thing happens to me so I have to some how naturally drift off to sleep. The problem for me isn't getting to sleep at night but getting away from the distractions like the internet, tv etc. I am so used to them that when I try to sleep, my brain gets pissed off without these distractions I've had.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm sure your sleep issues are probably connected to your panic attacks, like it's all the same root issue. I have similar issues.

While you say you can't take pills, I'm quite sure that medicine of some kind would be the thing that would help you with both problems, even if you choose to take natural herbs or something.

Valerian is an herbal sedative you can try, and there is something called kava kava that you have to be very careful with (and don't mix it with alcohol) that can be extremely effective if you're having a panic attack.

You're probably simultaneously avoidng and increasing your anxiety by being so overstimulated. If you can't live without your computer, turn off the television. Sit in the dark sometimes. Stare at the wall.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Used to functioning on little sleep. What I do some times is stay up all night, and work through the day and usually I'm so tired I will definitely sleep the night through after that. Don't recommend it, but if you are desperate for a reset, that will do it.
    I deal with the effects of rotating shifts and on call, so my body clock gets a little screwed, it slides into night owl mode, my natural default, and I need to be in morning mode or least conscious in the morning every odd week. 8-9am starts are better than 6-7am starts though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Have you tried acupuncture? It works wonders for me when I'm stressed, which then helps me sleep better. Listening to 'bedtime' music for awhile and allowing my mind to quiet down first helps, too.

Acupuncture saved my sanity back when I was in a work situation where prior to discovering it, I would fume with anger almost every day at work and get depressed/ angry/ cry on Sunday nights knowing I had to go back Mon morning. (And I normally don't get angry or upset easily, but in that case it was the stress of a horrible coworker plus too much work. Update: I left that job a few yrs ago.)

Oh, and exercise! I also sleep much better when I work out. It also makes a huge diff in dealing with stress.

I've also heard meditation helps, but confess to not doing it....

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm sure your sleep issues are probably connected to your panic attacks, like it's all the same root issue. I have similar issues.

While you say you can't take pills, I'm quite sure that medicine of some kind would be the thing that would help you with both problems, even if you choose to take natural herbs or something.

Valerian is an herbal sedative you can try, and there is something called kava kava that you have to be very careful with (and don't mix it with alcohol) that can be extremely effective if you're having a panic attack.

You're probably simultaneously avoidng and increasing your anxiety by being so overstimulated. If you can't live without your computer, turn off the television. Sit in the dark sometimes. Stare at the wall.
    Nah, not at all actually. Any sort of pill fucks with my stomach because I have a bad case of gerd. I hate it but I have to deal with whatever comes my way, without any sort of sedative. I've even had tea and it gave me panic attacks LOL. I guess my body hates feeling unnaturally tired?

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I survived today at work. I am going to confirm that lack of sleep is actually good for me when it comes to working. As long as I'm moving around and not standing or sitting for too long. I also need cold cold air in the room or I get warmer and sleepier.
    I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.-
    Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

2 hours sleep isn't even worth it, at least with no sleep you get that weird loopy hyper high feeling that kinda keeps you going. just pull an all-nighter and you'll get really tired eventually and crash early.

weed's the best insomnia cure though.

disclaimer: i do not take care of myself and am not a good person for health advice.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually, recent scientific findings have shown that some sort of sleeping cap with ice inside. Apparently coldness helps the brain to sleep better. Chana ,you're a tard and I love it. <3
    I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.-
    Albert Einstein