User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default becoming vegetarian

I figure since the people I'm living with our vegetarian I might aswell become one while living here. I tried the quorn chicken nuggets they're pretty good with bbq sauce. so what do you think, think I can do it? I don't know if I'll stay vegetarian or not though. I might treat myself to meat every once in awhile.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It doesn't seem necessarily sustainable without any concrete logical or emotion driven basis for doing so.

MBTI
    yupp

the more i read about factory farms and battery acid eggs and the more i want to buy free range meats and eggs but those are expensive. so coming from an economic POV it makes sense.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

I was on veggie bacon for a while. It was actually better than alright. Bacon is very important, but there are other essential foods that need to be suitably substituted to my satisfaction before I could consider a formal conversion to vegetarianism. I'm sure they exist and I am simply not aware of them.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I grew up eating tasty animals that came from my neighbors' farms... I have a deep attachment to meat and a deep hatred of tofu

you can't become a vegetarian ms chickenz... I make JOKES about vegetarians!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I was a strict vegetarian for about 4 years. It gets easy after awhile once you get used to it, but it's still an inconvenience in many ways. Since I wasn't doing it for any sort of moral/political reasons, I decided to be less strict about it. I would mostly eat vegetarian dishes... but, for example, if I was out at a picnic or eating at someone else's house, I wouldn't turn down their food just because there was meat in it.

These days i still barely eat red meat, I don't eat pigs (no pork/bacon/sausage), etc. I used to only eat poultry every few days, but since I've been trying to eat low carb... Incorporating more poultry/fish has been necessary.

My advice... Incorporate more vegetarian dishes but don't go so strict that you inconvenience yourself.

Also, Vegetarian Lasagna = Amazing.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Qu'orn really makes the best fake meats. They rock.

You can get plenty of protein from things like beans, lentils, eggs, cheese, and milk, even if you don't like soy.

I think free-range eggs and organic milk is best.

I am not a vegetarian, but I do eat a lot of vegetarian meals, and in my experience you can be completely healthy and save money being a lacto-ovo vegetarian, or if you are mostly vegetarian and eat things like fish or chicken once and a while.

Veganism is retarded, though. I'm sorry, but I'm against it. It's an expensive part-time job to even eat properly so you don't get neurological damage.

MBTI
    yupp

I like baked and fried tofu there's some tofu's i can't stand though.oh and i love cheese too much to give that up, no plans on becoming vegan plus they drink organic milk and eat all local veggies so it's really good produce. I've been eating healthier since moving here, but yeah ultimately I think I'll just reduce my meat intake and get meat when we eat out. unless they have falafels which is my favorite food in the whole world.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

nope cant do it had a sausage biscuit from mcdonald's for breakfast. though cutting back my meat intake has helped. but i lurve meat.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

though the day I had a sausage biscuit a few hours later my stomach felt awful.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all