• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

becoming vegetarian

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I figure since the people I'm living with our vegetarian I might aswell become one while living here. I tried the quorn chicken nuggets they're pretty good with bbq sauce. so what do you think, think I can do it? I don't know if I'll stay vegetarian or not though. I might treat myself to meat every once in awhile.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn't seem necessarily sustainable without any concrete logical or emotion driven basis for doing so.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the more i read about factory farms and battery acid eggs and the more i want to buy free range meats and eggs but those are expensive. so coming from an economic POV it makes sense.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I was on veggie bacon for a while. It was actually better than alright. Bacon is very important, but there are other essential foods that need to be suitably substituted to my satisfaction before I could consider a formal conversion to vegetarianism. I'm sure they exist and I am simply not aware of them.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I grew up eating tasty animals that came from my neighbors' farms... I have a deep attachment to meat and a deep hatred of tofu :thelook:

you can't become a vegetarian ms chickenz... I make JOKES about vegetarians! :boohoo:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I was a strict vegetarian for about 4 years. It gets easy after awhile once you get used to it, but it's still an inconvenience in many ways. Since I wasn't doing it for any sort of moral/political reasons, I decided to be less strict about it. I would mostly eat vegetarian dishes... but, for example, if I was out at a picnic or eating at someone else's house, I wouldn't turn down their food just because there was meat in it.

These days i still barely eat red meat, I don't eat pigs (no pork/bacon/sausage), etc. I used to only eat poultry every few days, but since I've been trying to eat low carb... Incorporating more poultry/fish has been necessary.

My advice... Incorporate more vegetarian dishes but don't go so strict that you inconvenience yourself.

Also, Vegetarian Lasagna = Amazing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Qu'orn really makes the best fake meats. They rock.

You can get plenty of protein from things like beans, lentils, eggs, cheese, and milk, even if you don't like soy.

I think free-range eggs and organic milk is best.

I am not a vegetarian, but I do eat a lot of vegetarian meals, and in my experience you can be completely healthy and save money being a lacto-ovo vegetarian, or if you are mostly vegetarian and eat things like fish or chicken once and a while.

Veganism is retarded, though. I'm sorry, but I'm against it. It's an expensive part-time job to even eat properly so you don't get neurological damage.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I like baked and fried tofu there's some tofu's i can't stand though.oh and i love cheese too much to give that up, no plans on becoming vegan plus they drink organic milk and eat all local veggies so it's really good produce. I've been eating healthier since moving here, but yeah ultimately I think I'll just reduce my meat intake and get meat when we eat out. unless they have falafels which is my favorite food in the whole world.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
nope cant do it had a sausage biscuit from mcdonald's for breakfast. though cutting back my meat intake has helped. but i lurve meat.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
though the day I had a sausage biscuit a few hours later my stomach felt awful.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you could just try eating more veggies and trying more vegetarian food and see how you like it (many are very tasty). There's not really a point to following a strict diet without any reason, though.

you could also try eating only really tasty meat (i.e. making it a conscious choice, not just shoving it down because it's edible)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
oh I love vegetarian food, it's delicious. but I also love meat.

Scottt

I am interested to become the vegetarian but first tell me the main advantages to become the vegetarian. My number of the friends and family members are vegetarian.

Last edited:

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think the non vegetarian dishes that are vegetarian are usually best. I love vegetables. You could make a zucchini boat or squash casseroles. I'm not a vegetarian but I would say I eat less meat than the average American. I would just say focus on eating more veggies vs eating vege meats