• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the sun is evil and wants to kill me! (aka sunburn season)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I went on vacation, and despite a liberal application of waterproof SPF 50 sunscreen several times a day (with the assistance of the man, who was severely tempted to paint my back in polka dots or stripes :dry:) I ended up getting burnt... really burnt. As in blisters on my legs and shoulders and skin cracking burnt. Not cool :thumbdown:

as a question to those who live in warmer climates or have more experience with such misfortune, how do I make my skin quit falling off and hurting? :puppy_dog_eyes:

oh, and no aloe please, I'm actually allergic to aloe :doh:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I feel you but i'm not as extreme, however my tan is still red raw with no signs of going brown (luckily no blisters).. Damn you milk bottle white skin.

Found this online .. hopefully one of the 9 tips may help ease it.
http://www.besthealthmag.ca/sunburn

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the frustrating part was that the man just tanned without burning... and he refers to my peeling skin and such as "gross" (though I still got him to lotion up my back and such!)

I'm thinking that the peppermint green tea that I always drink might have some other uses now :thinking:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Benzocaine product (if that isn't strong enough for the pain consider Lidocaine) to a patch test on your skin before to make sure you are not allergic to them. Avoid hot/warm showers/baths. If need to bathe keep it luke warm. Avoid activities that make you sweat (i.e. sex)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lidocaine spray works really well for numbing, although I think you're not supposed to use it more than a few times a day. It's good to help you sleep at night, though.

sucks that you're allergic to aloe since that's mainly what I use (as another of those people who burns in minutes and never tans). ask at the pharmacist, maybe? they should have some ideas. oatmeal baths might help for the skin irritation, though I've never tried it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I shall have to check those options out (and try to find a way to gently exfoliate as well :horor:)

and no sex? :boohoo:

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Put some ice cubes in a bag and put it on your skin. It's only a short-term relief from the terrible itch, but it works.

G

Ginkgo

Buy this:

238950.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll definitley have to remember that in the future... I kind of forgot at that moment... which I suppose is why you shouldn't drink and sit in the sun at the same time :doh: