User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I haven't even been tempted to buy a pack after switching, which is odd because I have tried to quit smoking somewhere upwards of 10 times in the past and failed every time
    How much does it costs?

MBTI
    yupp

I feel like I'm not ready to quit, I know I need to but, still feel like I'm not ready.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    How much does it costs?
    $50 for 2 and a charger and such and then about $5 a week to keep things going
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I wish you all the best luck in quitting smoking.
    And hugs.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I haven't even been tempted to buy a pack after switching, which is odd because I have tried to quit smoking somewhere upwards of 10 times in the past and failed every time
    It's not failing if you stopped temporarily. Obviously long term stopping is better but you have to find the positives in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I feel like I'm not ready to quit, I know I need to but, still feel like I'm not ready.
    Oh, i know that feeling. Your head rationalises all the negatives yet the addiction pushes you in the other direction. Its a tough one.

I was talking to my team leader recently about it as she is only a social smoker (apparently only 2% of people who smoke are social smokers who are not addicted, darm them, lol) and she thinks i am delusional (in the nicest sense) in that i enjoy pushing myself to stop/start, wrestling with the addiction and my minds logic. Well i brought another 10 pack today *shrugs*

Always tomorrow.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

figsfiggyfigs

You can do it prplz, just stay away from friends that smoke, places that you usually smoke at, and above all, stay strong and determined!

MBTI
    yupp

i got an e-cig i like it i'm not going to quit otherwise this is probably safer in terms off not accidently starting fires
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

omg i got robbed on the e cigg...that sucks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here's what worked for me:

1) Think about how much money you're wasting. Seriously, add it up. Think about what else you could spend the money on.

2) Think about what it's doing to your health. Not only can it fuck with your lungs, it can make your face look old faster etc.

3) Think about how bad it stinks.

4) Cut down slowly instead of going cold turkey. If you're a heavy smoker try going down to ten cigs a day for a while, then five, then try to get down to one cigarette a day. This worked for me.

5) Keep your cigarettes like in the closet or something instead of carrying them in your pocket or purse.

MBTI
    yupp

URGGGGGHHHH!!! NOTHINGS WORKING FOR ME!!!!! I"M GONNA DIE SMOKING EVERYTHING I TRY I STILL GET CRAVINGS AND WITHDRAWL!!!!!!!!!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all