• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

insomnia's back

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I thought I was cured, but nope it came back with a vengeance. It was suggested I walk after dinner. The thing is I'll be falling asleep so I'll go to bed but once in bed I can't sleep. I do have trazadone for sleep and I use to take half a tablet to one tablet of the 150 mg and that worked took it for 3 months and it seemed to reset my sleep cycle than I didn't need it any more. Any one have tricks for sleeping through the night? because my problem is once I do fall asleep is I wake up every 3-4 hours through out the night.

I liked the trazadone because I was able to sleep and didn't feel drowsy the next day.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I thought I was cured, but nope it came back with a vengeance. It was suggested I walk after dinner. The thing is I'll be falling asleep so I'll go to bed but once in bed I can't sleep. I do have trazadone for sleep and I use to take half a tablet to one tablet of the 150 mg and that worked took it for 3 months and it seemed to reset my sleep cycle than I didn't need it any more. Any one have tricks for sleeping through the night? because my problem is once I do fall asleep is I wake up every 3-4 hours through out the night.

I just thought this was normal :/ In which case the only cure I can think of is working up a swear with an exercise regime during the day. It's a body not tired mind is tired problem in my case.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sleepytime-extra-med.jpg

If you wake up in the middle of the night, a 6-oz cup w/1-2 of these tea bags steeped [good w/honey, btw], may help get you back to sleep, but it won't, you know, make you too groggy for the morning. Valerian root's been used for ages as a natural sleep aid supplement... worth a shot, non habit-forming, & it tastes good. You can find it at most supermarkets/Target/Walmart [actually the product website has a zipcode finder-thing, so you don't have to roam around a bunch of different stores.]

Make sure ya grab the ''extra'' kind, & not just ''Sleepytime,'' as the plain one doesn't contain valerian.

Best of luck, lady.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'll try that. because I have no clue where my trazadone is at the moment.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
i have to take Seroquel to get to sleep, thankfully it's one of my mood stabilizers anyway, so it's fine but without it i dont sleep either.

Warm milk and honey does help. Also, i found writing helped to calm my brain down enough to try sleeping.

I ran out of seroquel on wednesday and wasnt able to get in to get the script refilled till yesterday, i think i got 6 hours sleep in 3 days.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN CHKNZ!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Ingrid in grids

i have to take Seroquel to get to sleep, thankfully it's one of my mood stabilizers anyway, so it's fine but without it i dont sleep either.

I was once prescribed Seroquel too for sleep. Though it totally doped me out and the next day I was wobbling around like a stoned monkey.

Prpl, I say speak to your doctor re this, and see if he/she can prescribe you some more of the medication you mentioned.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was once prescribed Seroquel too for sleep. Though it totally doped me out and the next day I was wobbling around like a stoned monkey.

Prpl, I say speak to your doctor re this, and see if he/she can prescribe you some more of the medication you mentioned.

yeah I was on seroquel same thing happened. the tricylic anti-depressant worked and didn't leave me doped up.

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Ive had insomnia, like going to school without sleeping and staying awake more than 48 hours...
The fix arent chemicals, you are the fix. Youve got some problems you need to fix, and if you dont know which ones they are you have to discover them.

I got anxiety too, tried many chemicals and only got headaches or nausea.. do you know what fixed it? I started setting little goals for myself, like getting my drivers license (i dont know in the US, but here requires a bit effort and money), the same day i got my license i stopped smoking and two months later i joined the gym.

Still cant fix the dating&love issues because i really suck at it, but i try to do everything else i can to improve myself. Now im smoke-free, having a healthy life, im fit and i feel like i have less things to worry about. I sleep really well, unless i think too much of some girl or whatever -that will make it harder for me to get asleep- but the rest of the days are perfect.

Sounds too typical, but exercise really helps, its an important thing you should do in this stressing world of chaos! haha. Dont expect that one day of jogging will fix you, just do exercise on a regular basis, you produce endorphines when exercising and in the long run you will feel sooo much better

Last edited: