• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

klonopin

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
anyone have experiences with this drug not working for them? I'm just as anxious when I take it as if I don't take it. luckily it's prescribed as needed I have other meds to prevent anxiety so I don't take the klonopin. The only thing is it makes me sleepy so I'm panicking and falling asleep at the same time.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
No, but just be aware, Klonopin is not the kind of drug that you can just 'stop taking', it's not a great choice if you have an addictive personality.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I took it twice maybe three times at most and i only took it when it absolutely needed it. experienced no withdrawl.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
marketed as rivotril around these parts.
i was prescribed .5mg daily to sleep.
no hangovers.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anyone have experiences with this drug not working for them? I'm just as anxious when I take it as if I don't take it. luckily it's prescribed as needed I have other meds to prevent anxiety so I don't take the klonopin. The only thing is it makes me sleepy so I'm panicking and falling asleep at the same time.

:hug: Oh my gosh. I hate this experience. (I never took klonopin, during my panic attack era I had them but was too anxious to take them... :rolli:) But used to wake up in the middle of sleep to panic attacks. Then I'd be falling back asleep during a panic attack.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Klonopin or ativan should work with that.. What's your dose? Maybe ask for an increase?

.25-.5mg I'm gonna try one now and see if it works because I am panicking at the moment I doubt it will but maybe this time it'll work

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
.25-.5mg I'm gonna try one now and see if it works because I am panicking at the moment I doubt it will but maybe this time it'll work

Hmm.. The .5 doesn't work? Certainly let the doc know. There are a couple of different things you can try.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I one time came in and was shaking so bad i could barely write the sign in sheet. and of course the anti-depressant I take also helps with anxiety but I need something for the acute anxiety.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The downfall of klonopin is that it takes 10 minutes to work. Panic attacks are practically over by then. Do you find it kicking in after the panic attack stops? Or never at all?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
never at all.I don't do anything for anxiety unless it lasts longer than 10 minutes i've been panicking today for 2 hours. it's a low level panic attack but at one point i was crying because i was so anxious

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
A cocktail of antipsychotics and antidepressants and ADD medications once left me in a panic-like state for 5 days unable to sleep before, so that might be possible, too, how long are your panic attacks?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
never at all.I don't do anything for anxiety unless it lasts longer than 10 minutes i've been panicking today for 2 hours. it's a low level panic attack but at one point i was crying because i was so anxious

Ohhhh.... :( That's a terrible, awful feeling. You've got to be persistent in trying to get a change. If .5 klonopin doesn't work at all.... and also this sounds like more than an acute panic attack. It's a persistent high level of anxiety, no?