• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perception of Food

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instead of eating a whole bag of cheap potato chips that aren't even that good, I eat a small bowl of the more expensive potato chips I adore.
Don't eat celery for a week then splurge on two days of nothing but cake, eat HEALTHIER meals with occasional small bad-for-you snacks.
Don't eliminate mashed potatoes completely from you meals, just eat a small serving of delicious rosemary/garlic home-made mashed potatoes instead of a family-sized tup from KFC.

This is what I do. I eat what I want, just smaller amounts. I drink unsweetened iced tea and water - I'm sure that helps too.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i generally eat well, and am picky about my food intake.
this probably has to do a lot with vanity. i'll eat unhealthy
foods but in moderation, and i balance it out the rest of
the week.

i'm also big on fasting and detoxing.
i love what it does for my energy and skin.

wolfy

awsm
Why do people view food from a reward and punishment perspective?

If you think about it, diets play into the "good" and "bad" dichotomy. If I eat this healthy food even though my body wants unhealthy food and in essence, I'm punishing myself, I feel good about it.

If I'm a good girl, I'll have ice cream for dessert tonight.

I feel bad so I'm going to eat this entire gigantic bag of grease chips!

Isn't there a way to break out of these mindsets and view food for what it is, sustenance? Instead of going from one extreme to the other of eat crap then diet, why not just moderate your daily intake?

You can turn the punishing around by recognising you aren't punishing yourself but your taste buds. Your taste buds, you can think like this "I'm a slave to my taste buds, my stupid little taste buds!"

Having said that, chocolate sits well on the taste buds. As do other rich foods. A little goes a long way.

It's really about awareness and balance than good and bad.