User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I still smoke...And I work out...(I also only smoke like a pack a month if that helps) lol
    SDMF

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Smoking most definitely has psychological benefits. It enables you to calm down during stressful situations. Smoking is basically a comfort food, so it may not be good for your body, but it stabilizes your psyche, even if only for a few moments. Keep in mind, I don't smoke, I never liked the taste of it, but I drink Diet Mountain Dew instead, which I imagine produces a similar psychological effect. It's something that I enjoy drinking to the point that it's addicting, and an addiction to something produces a comforting effect.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

DEFINITLEY conversation over cigarettes and coffee!!! One of my friends and I do that several times a week and I really enjoy it- coffee and cigarettes complement each other so well!

And the two best cigarettes a day? The first one in the morning and the one after dinner I've tried to quit a few times, but I really missed those two- and I missed the conversations I got into then and couldn't quite get into otherwise
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    DEFINITLEY conversation over cigarettes and coffee!!! One of my friends and I do that several times a week and I really enjoy it- coffee and cigarettes complement each other so well!

And the two best cigarettes a day? The first one in the morning and the one after dinner I've tried to quit a few times, but I really missed those two- and I missed the conversations I got into then and couldn't quite get into otherwise
    oh my god, there is nothing better than a smoke with a beer, or coffee..

damnit >_< your making this harder lol

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    - Smokers form social subgroups. During smoke-breaks, we often had most interesting discussions that non-smokers don't seem to have.
    Ironically, I had that benefit from not smoking. I worked at place (several years ago) where there were only 4 of us that didn't smoke. We had our lunch and coffee breaks at a separate time from the smokers, so we got to be pretty good friends with our regular discussions (and they were interesting).

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    In the 3 months that I tried to get addicted to smoking (because it was cool) I noticed that smoking is a great activity to retreat into your introversion and focus inward, even if you're coughing the whole time.
    So is that like introverted sensing, extroverted phlegming?

As far as benefits, I'm surprised no one has mentioned ulcerative colitis (a cause of irritable bowel syndrome). Smokers have a lower risk of ulcerative colitis than non-smokers. They've determined that it's the nicotine, since nicotine gum or patches have the same effect. Ironically, Crohn's disease, another cause of irritable bowel, is made worse by nicotine. So if you have IBS, smoking can make it better or worse, depending on the cause.

My dad smoked for 25 years then quit (when I was still an infant). He quit coffee at the same time, since the coffee and cigarettes go hand-in-hand (he was also trying to kick the caffeine). He actually had almost no trouble at all quitting the cigarettes; he just didn't smoke them again. But he had a hellacious time giving up coffee.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Has anyone mentioned that smoking makes you look cool?

I know, when I'm in public, puffing on my pipe, all the ladies give me looks.

please someone get it...
    we fukin won boys

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that's because it's NOT A PIPE isn't it! *gasp of horror*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

* Challenges the lungs, keeps them from becoming sissies

* Tracheotomies are all the rage these days

* Relieves smoker from the duty of performing sexually, since smoker's wife associates smoky smell with her dead grandpa and can't get in the mood
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

Anyone here successful with quitting smoking? I don't crave the nicotine.. im just trying to fight the habbit. Anyone have any tips?

Also I cant really use coffee to help either... im "dieting" right now as well

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

How much money do you have? I bought my husband an NJoy to help him quit. I'd like him to be around for as long as possible and smell less like my grandpa. *cough* They're not cheap, though.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii