User Tag List

12 Last

Exclamation Nationwide study finds U.S. meat and poultry is widely contaminated

Enlightning news. I wonder who cares.

http://www.tgen.org/news/index.cfm?newsid=1948
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTP

As a meat and poultry consumer, I care deeply. Good food is fundamental for living.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Although Staph should be killed with proper cooking, it may still pose a risk to consumers through improper food handling and cross-contamination in the kitchen.
    Nothing alarming here. Seems most people have always been well-aware of the risks associated with consuming raw chicken, or allowing other food to touch raw chicken. I think most people are smart enough to use separate cutting boards for raw meats, and separate utensils.

The part that bothers me is the effects of feeding farm animals antibiotics (Resistant bacteria). I prefer buying antibiotic-free chicken brands. But I have a problem with the over-use of antibiotics in humans as well, so it's no surprise that Im not ok with feeding them to animals.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

I work at an organic butcher shop where we sell very high quality, local, organic, antibiotic/hormone free meat and it's really spoiled me.

I've never cared about where my meat has come from, but now I care very, very much. The world of conventional meat disgusts me. And yeah, it's expensive to buy my meat from there but honestly, this body (my only body) is worth it. Can't think of anything more worthy to invest that money in.

MBTI
    INFJ

Humans are very resilient.
    Why Don't you Skype Me to ask the real Questions?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yep, better cook your fucking food.

Kills the germs. News at 10.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Densely-stocked industrial farms, where food animals are steadily fed low doses of antibiotics, are ideal breeding grounds for drug-resistant bacteria that move from animals to humans, the report says.
    *facepalm* this sort of stuff is basic information, but people are too stupid to realize that its not smart thing to do to feed the animals so much antibiotics. people do the same thing with eating antibiotics.. damn retards
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

figsfiggyfigs

Good thing I rarely consume it.

MBTI
    yupp

I've given up ground beef because of pink slime. which makes me sad, something needs to change with our food.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Saying that 'if you cook it, you'll be fine' is missing the point. The fact is that there is plenty of handling before you cook it. If that was all that was necessary, then why have there been many epidemics associated with meat contamination in the past?

The real point is that universal methods used in the meat industry is creating multidrug resistant strains of bacteria and there is widespread population exposure.
    It has been found that a large majority of the antibiotics in the USA are used in the meat industry.